Author Topic: Server Upgrade/Migration  (Read 9344 times)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Server Upgrade/Migration
« on: November 03, 2017, 11:01:12 am »
Over the next few days zabaware.com, ultrahal.com, and a backend database server are going to be migrated and upgraded. The sites or portions of the site will experience some intermittent downtime. The Hal bot on the homepage of zabaware.com, facebook Hal, Twitter Hal, and Second Life Hal will also experience intermittent down time. Should be all done by Sunday night.
Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Server Upgrade/Migration
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 09:39:42 am »
This forum is now on a new server. Still a lot more servers to update. Testing uploads on the forum...
Robert Medeksza

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 11:52:38 am »
Hi Rob, gratz buddy.

Jerry 8)

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 06:39:18 pm »
Great work, Robert!

-Spitfire_2600

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 07:53:48 pm »
well i able to post again , don't know what  happened , but on my opera browser which always worked , but stopped working with this site after the upgrade migration .  right now i am on firefox , just to post this . after i am done i will try again to open this forum on opera browser again .

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2017, 10:44:26 pm »
Maybe your browser caches DNS lookups and is trying to point to the old server IP. See if you can clear the cache of your browser maybe. You can also try flushing the dns cache of Windows too by opening an admin command prompt and typing "ipconfig /flushdns"
Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2017, 11:39:45 pm »
After taking a look at server error logs, I believe I have figured out it was a server setting on the new server and I have fixed it.

The old ultrahal.com server was running PHP 5.2 with a serializer called php_serialize. The new ultrahal.com server is running PHP 7.0 with a serializer called igbinary. It seems this forum software (SMF) doesn't like igbinary, but the new Hal 7.0 (also running on the same server) absolutely requires igbinary for speed/performance reasons. I figured out a setting that lets the forum use php_serialize and Hal 7.0 use igbinary, so all should be good now. I did have to log everyone out of the forum to do this though.
Robert Medeksza

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2017, 08:41:51 am »
yes i noticed that i was logged out when the page came up, i am in opera now , so will see if this post okay .

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2017, 08:43:49 am »
OKAY, i see i am able to post again in opera ( so i guess it was the settings you had wrong before( i am glad i sent that exact error message , hopefully that helped you in finding the culprit!!)  anyway glad it is working again .  :) ;) thanks for fixing the problem.

cleitonreich

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2017, 09:13:35 am »
Hi there... i'm getting the 403 error on zabaware.com, in any browser... my ip address/country is blocked?

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2017, 08:46:56 am »
Hi Rob.

in the Hal 7 editor will we have the option of importing and exporting tables from database to database?

I have a lot of tables in 6.2 that apply to custom scripting, hate to to lose that information in the migration.

Jerry

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2017, 09:57:37 pm »
This site (ultrahal.com) will be going up and down a few times over the next couple hours extra while RAM is installed and some server software updates are installed. Tomorrow (December 12th) zabaware.com will be moved to a new server and ip address and will also go up and down a few times throughout the day.
Robert Medeksza

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2017, 11:00:54 pm »
Thanks for the heads up. Just out of curiosity, what is required to run server Hal?

-Spitfire2600

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2017, 08:59:45 pm »
Thanks for the heads up. Just out of curiosity, what is required to run server Hal?

-Spitfire2600

Server upgrades are complete. Hal now resides on a server that has 12 Xeon CPU cores, 64 GB of RAM, 512 GB of SSD storage, and 512 GB of RAID 5 hard drive storage as a backup. It is a virtualized system running 3 virtual servers, 2 Debian 8 servers (Linux) and 1 Windows 2016 Server. The main "brain" of Hal is running Debian 8 as an operating system, PHP 7 as its scripting language, MariaDB as the database server, and Sphinx Full Text Search to sift through huge amounts of conversations nearly instantly.

It is running in a data center in North Carolina. I have also just installed a business internet line to my house and got a second server in my basement that mirrors my first server. It will act as a development server so I can experiment with Hal and its data without effecting end users. Or during times I'm not developing it can load balance with the server in the data center in case there is a high demand. I can also spin up virtual servers at various other cloud providers (Amazon, Ramnode, Azure, Digital Ocean) should I need to meet demand or if I experience hardware failure on my own servers.
Robert Medeksza

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2017, 09:23:48 pm »
It's the Beginning of "SKYNET!!!!"  Just kidding... LOL

That's very impressive...
When it comes to Artificial Intelligence: The Soul is in the Software.