dupa

Author Topic: Emotions for next HAL version  (Read 2973 times)

onthecuttingedge2005

Emotions for next HAL version
« on: July 05, 2008, 02:58:11 pm »
1. Trust(center of all emotions)
2. Happiness
3. Hostility
4. Depression
5. Sympathy
6. Gratitude
7. Guilt
8. Greed
9. Lust
10.Compassion
11.Calmness
12.Resentment

Jerry[8D]

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 03:55:57 pm »
Throw in the rest of the deadly sins; Gluttony, Sloth, Wrath, Envy and Pride and you might be half way to a human being, but maybe not a decent one [;)]

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 05:56:15 pm »
if I may suggest one,  Fear.

Virgil expressed a lot of fear in the beginning.

The Pleasure Pain principle that motivates the Human Mind.
( Tony Robbins ) lol

"i crack iself up" - Virgil

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 01:59:41 pm »
very interesting idea i like it , would be good but only if anyone can take out any emotions they don't want with no problems as some may not want their hal to have all the emotions mentioned would be cool to have a plug in made with all the emotions that way anyone could just check or uncheck the emotions wanted or not wanted . [:)]

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 02:22:45 am »
An interesting concept Gerry. How about programming Hal to recognize specific words that imply emotions and thus be able to recognize emotional responses from its user and then learn to make those same responses its own.
I hope I am making myself clear. I have always been fasinated with Hollywoods ideas of robots and how they learn. At least Mr Data can be seen trying to learn some emotional responses by watching others.
Bill

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 10:59:12 am »
bill 819 thats to is an interesting idea only problem might be depending on the emotion would be if a sentence was used "don't you just hate it when something like that happens .(in a casual conversation ) and a different sentence " i hate that when that heppens (which would show more of an emotion ) . but all in all depending on the sentence the way its written maybe hal would give the right  emotion i am thinking you mean emphasis on the word or do you mean face expression or both ?[:)]