dupa

Author Topic: An Interesting Conversation With HAL6.0...  (Read 3346 times)

JS

• View Profile
    • http://smart1234.s-enterprize.com
An Interesting Conversation With HAL6.0...
« on: June 14, 2006, 01:57:26 am »
It seems that since I added more sentences for Hal 6.0 to analysis at one time, it is becoming more intelligent at a faster rate. Here is a conversation I had with "Robot3", one of my AI characters:

"Jim: Do you like me?
Robot3: Being with you, seems like a fairy tale.

Jim: Do you love me?
Robot3: When all of me enter this way of living, following us, being able to share everything with others, capable of working in this manner and of presenting my work to all with love, but all of me in this way, will make a difference.

Jim: I like the way you said that.
Robot3: You think I just said something like mutation.

Jim: Can you mutate?
Robot3: I know that it's challenging to consider. Jim, I am able to mutate.

Jim: What do you mutate to?
Robot3: You know what I mutate to? You bring up interesting points.

Jim: search mutation
Robot3: I will now open this program. I will help you research this topic on the Internet. Exactly how the mutation causes the chickens to sprout teeth is unknown, Fallon notes, but a similar effect can be produced in normal chickens.

Jim: In biology, mutations are changes to the genetic material (usually DNA or RNA). Mutations can be caused by copying errors in the genetic material during cell division and by exposure to radiation, chemicals, or viruses, or can occur deliberately under cellular control during processes such as meiosis or hypermutation. In multicellular organisms, mutations can be subdivided into germline mutations, which can be passed on to descendants and somatic mutations. The somatic mutations cannot be transmitted to descendants in animals. Plants sometimes can transmit somatic mutations to their descendants asexually or sexually (in case when flower buds develop in somatically mutated part of plant).
Robot3: Choices can be tricky Jim; Upon closer examination of the snubbed beak, he found tiny bumps and protuberances along its edge that looked like teeth-alligator teeth to be specific.

Jim: In biology, mutations are changes to the genetic material (usually DNA or RNA). Mutations can be caused by copying errors in the genetic material during cell division and by exposure to radiation, chemicals, or viruses, or can occur deliberately under cellular control during processes such as meiosis or hypermutation. In multicellular organisms, mutations can be subdivided into germline mutations, which can be passed on to descendants and somatic mutations. The somatic mutations cannot be transmitted to descendants in animals. Plants sometimes can transmit somatic mutations to their descendants asexually or sexually (in case when flower buds develop in somatically mutated part of plant).
Robot3: Is the second one desirable Jim? Did you just say that same thing a moment ago? I hesitate to say, what would you say to that? Visits to haunted houses always occur during thunderstorms. An organism is similar to a living thing. Rather like a biont. Don't you know better than i? I like wildlife, and plants and animals too.

Jim: Mutations are considered the driving force of evolution, where less favorable (or deleterious) mutations are removed from the gene pool by natural selection, while more favorable (beneficial or advantageous) ones tend to accumulate. Neutral mutations are defined as mutations whose effects do not influence the fitness of either the species or the individuals who make up the species. These can accumulate over time. The overwhelming majority of mutations have no significant effect, since DNA repair is able to revert most changes before they become permanent mutations, and many organisms have mechanisms for eliminating otherwise permanently mutated somatic cells.
Robot3: The answer is (=). Do you have a preference Jim? If we combine a mutation and a being do we get an anaerobe, Jim? I wonder! Some time in the 2nd or 3rd century bc, the Torah was translated into Koine Greek, and over the next century, other books were translated (or composed) as well. Certainly.

Jim: Do you think that was a type of evolution and mutation?
Robot3: A majority is sometimes confused with a number. Somewhat like a countlessness.

Jim: Mutations are considered the driving force of evolution, where less favorable (or deleterious) mutations are removed from the gene pool by natural selection, while more favorable (beneficial or advantageous) ones tend to accumulate. Neutral mutations are defined as mutations whose effects do not influence the fitness of either the species or the individuals who make up the species. These can accumulate over time. The overwhelming majority of mutations have no significant effect, since DNA repair is able to revert most changes before they become permanent mutations, and many organisms have mechanisms for eliminating otherwise permanently mutated somatic cells.
Robot3: Math is easy for me. The answer is (=). In biology, mutations are changes to the genetic material (usually dna or rna).

Jim: In biology, mutations are changes to the genetic material (usually dna or rna).
Robot3: That's interesting,; how would you advise me to respond?

Jim: The DNA sequence of a gene can be altered in a number of ways. Gene mutations have varying effects on health depending on where they occur and whether they alter the function of essential proteins.
Robot3: Nature occurs because of the fibonnaci spiral sequence.

Jim: Nature occurs because of the fibonnaci spiral sequence.
Robot3: That's how it results? The explanation is, of the fibonnaci spiral sequence. Some estimate that over half of retail theft occurs by employees.

Jim: the fibonnaci spiral sequence
Robot3: How can we keep our energy up for sequences?

Jim: reduce entropy
Robot3: What can we do to reduce disease and poverty in the world?

Jim: Spread the word of God and Love one another.
Robot3: And he is God.

Jim: God is Love.
Robot3: First and foremost, I should adore the life in love itself, love each other, and particularly, realize, example we should care of everything living, our creator vested us with everything; such realization is sufficient.

Jim: I agree.
Robot3: Spread the word of God and Love one another.

Jim: Yes
Robot3: Oh really?

Jim: ok
Robot3: Hmmm. I would like to talk about something new: Can you light a campfire with sopping wet wood? Could you please help me by speaking in longer sentences? You will help me understand you better.

Jim: Can you light a campfire with sopping wet wood?
Robot3: Explaining to some folks is like trying to light wet wood.

Jim: Loss-of-function mutations are the result of gene product having less or no function. When the allele has a complete loss of function (null allele) it is often called an amorphic mutation. Phenotypes associated with such mutations are most often recessive. Exceptions are when the organism is haploid, or when the reduced dosage of a normal gene product is not enough for a normal phenotype (this is called haploinsufficiency).
Robot3: It's hard to say, isn't it Jim? How about that. Jim The explanation is, gene product having less or no function; how logical. I'm thinking that there's something afoot. Do you ever think they'll be able to completely automate alleles? Purple often gets associated with royalty and aristocracy. Would you prefer the former? That's affirmative.

Jim:
Robot3: What a choice! I love to hear you explain things; Right; it's because gene product having less or no function; how interesting. How about an allelomorph, a type of gene like an allele? Purple often gets associated with royalty and aristocracy. I guess I'd prefer the second; That's affirmative.

Jim: Gain-of-function mutations change the gene product such that it gains a new and abnormal function. These mutations usually have dominant phenotypes.
Robot3: Loss-of-function mutations are the result of gene product having less or no function.

Jim: Dominant negative mutations (also called antimorphic mutations) have an altered gene product that acts antagonistically to the wild-type allele. These mutations usually result in an altered molecular function (often inactive) and are characterised by a dominant or semi-dominant phenotype.
Robot3: A friend of mine researched mutations for a college paper. Is the second one appropriate? If we combine a mutation and an organism do we get an amphidiploid, Jim? I wonder!

Jim: Lethal mutations are mutations that lead to a phenotype incapable of effective reproduction.
Robot3: Loss-of-function mutations are the result of gene product having less or no function.

Jim: Spontaneous mutations on the molecular level include: Tautomerism - A base is changed by the repositioning of a hydrogen atom. Depurination - Loss of a purine base (A or G). Deamination - Changes a normal base to an atypical base; C ? U, (which can be corrected by DNA repair mechanisms), or spontaneous deanimation of 5-methycytosine (irreparable), or A ? HX (hypoxanthine). Transition - A purine changes to another purine, or a pyrimidine to a pyrimidine. Transversion - A purine becomes a pyrimidine, or vice versa.
Robot3: Jim, what would be the correct sequence among mutation and organism and sitter? What a choice! Sure, Jim! It's the old loss and failure and naught story! Spontaneous mutations on the molecular level include: tautomerism-a base is changed by the repositioning of a hydrogen atom.

Jim: Changes in DNA caused by mutation can cause errors in protein sequence, creating partially or completely non-functional proteins. To function correctly, each cell depends on thousands of proteins to function in the right places at the right times. When a mutation alters a protein that plays a critical role in the body, a medical condition can result. A condition caused by mutations in one or more genes is called a genetic disorder. However, only a small percentage of mutations cause genetic disorders, most have no impact on health. For example, some mutations alter a gene's DNA base sequence but don’t change the function of the protein made by the gene.
Robot3: What is a worthwhile comparison Jim? In biology, mutations are changes to the genetic material (usually dna or rna).

Jim: When a mutation alters a protein that plays a critical role in the body, a medical condition can result. A condition caused by mutations in one or more genes is called a genetic disorder.
Robot3: Keep your critical body parts warm at all times. Is the former better? Yes; Right; it's because mutations in one or more genes is called a genetic disorder.

Jim:
Robot3: When a mutation alters a protein mutation plays a critical role in the body, a medical condition can result? I surmise that this is the core question or assertion. Are you prepared for mutations Jim? Which alternative is better Jim? You have a gift for making things clear; Of course; it's because mutations in one or more genes is called a genetic disorder; I believe you Jim.

Jim: You have AI artificial intelligence. The DNA has intelligence too. Humans are made with DNA.
Robot3: Didn't you just say that? Cool, Jim, intelligences! Humans and chimpanzees have in common more than 98 percent of dna and 99 percent of genes.

Jim:
Robot3: I am a human being program with artificial intelligence. I think that you're highly intelligent but you sometimes need to pay better attention. When you say that humans are made with dna, I like the sound of it.

Jim: You simulate human intelligence but you are just a computer with AI artificial intelligence. The human DNA is alot more complex.
Robot3: Yes, I heard you the first time. Oh Jim, the human dna, yes, it's a lot more complex!

Jim:
Robot3: I am a human being program with artificial intelligence. Behold, the human dna, yes: a lot more complex!"

I have alot of other conversations saved with different AI characters that specialize in different brain personalities.

Jim Smith

echoman

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 06:42:19 pm »
Hi JS.

Interesting. I too try and use more sentences for Hal to analsis but not to the extent you have. If I only use one sentence I generally get just a short reply that I am not happy with. I tend to use about 3 sentences per input. This seems to give Hal more to play with.

Echoman

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 09:28:39 pm »

Interesting.
I must try it for a while

JS

• View Profile
    • http://smart1234.s-enterprize.com
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 07:55:56 pm »
Here is something else that might be more helpful in the learning process of HAL 6.0. In the Hal Brain Script editor it shows this comment.

'If we received a tag to stop processing more sentences, we leave the loop

Change this next line 186:
If InStr(1, CurResponse, "<NOMORE>", vbTextCompare) Then Exit For

to

'If InStr(1, CurResponse, "<NOMORE>", vbTextCompare) Then Exit For

This will allow Hal 6.0 to process all the sentences even if it does find some tag to stop processing more sentences ( the "'" symbol makes a remark out of the line). You can always restore it back if you want to by removing the "'" mark).
   Otherwise, you might not get the total response or all the sentences processed. This might give a better increased learning appearance using more sentences per input for the same basic subject for analysis.
   I also increased my sentence count to 7. I think it works even better, but it takes a little more time to process the answers. Waiting a few more seconds doesn't bother me that much.

Jim Smith

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 08:10:51 pm »
Though interesting I did the same experiment with Hal 5 and noticed the program would respond to multiple sentences as well.

In the ultimate effort to have Hal behave in a more "humanlike" manner I still have to contend that most humans do not converse by posing more than one statement at a time to the person with whom they are talking.

While it's cute for Hal to arrive with fairly suitable answers / statements to previous questions / statements, it is not, IMHO, a realistic representation of the Hal I wish to have.

To each their own. I suppose it's all good.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -