Author Topic: character lighting and its effects  (Read 2118 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
character lighting and its effects
« on: February 06, 2009, 04:44:28 pm »
we have all more or less talked on here about the lighting effects that lighting can have on our chracters i have even asked if it would be possible to incorporate this into the hal program (in my opinion what would be good (and easy ) would be if a hot key could be used on a keyboard and with each push would do a lighting effect ever click would go on to the next one .
  hey robert , think this may be possible ?? any way wanted to show you just how much difference that lighting can make on a character (below is a new character i just made greta garbo lightspeed.

first is lightabove

next light above left

and light above right

and last light below

their are other lighting to but just wanted show a few and the difference it makes and why it would be good if hal had this built in to its program maybe with a hit key as i described setting .

with a straight light from left or right or left may have shown even more instead of above left , right etc. .
[:)][:D][8D]

Carl2

• View Profile
character lighting and its effects
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 08:51:17 am »
lightspeed
  I've been using fullbody characters and made skins for the character. I found a skin texture and made many different shades for use with the body.  My frist skin was nude which I saved to have a standard. Clothing was put on, I had a few different pictrres with different colored pants and shirts so she could change by calling different haps.  After doing all this I decided the light was to bright.  I may do it again with less light.
  The Hap Explorer at AI Dreams is ideal for playing with the lighting.  You can also play with the color lighting ect. Reading the Haptek SDK would be helpful if you haven't already.
Carl2