dupa

Author Topic: Jose Zip flie  (Read 3482 times)

Rustafarry

• View Profile
Jose Zip flie
« on: February 11, 2009, 06:43:13 pm »
I recently downloaded the Jose character unto my computer. Hal tell me to go to the characters file to change the character. But I go to that file the Jose character does not show up there. I did a search on my pc and discovered that it has been loaded unto my pc in Hal 6.1. yet I cannot find it. Does anyone have some advice as to hpw I download new character from the forums to Hal?

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Jose Zip flie
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 06:59:52 pm »
How is it that you discovered that it has been loaded into your PC yet you cannot find it?

Try downloading it again and pay close attention to WHERE is it being saved.

If it is indeed a file with a .zip extension then you will need a program to extract it to a proper location (like the characters folder).

Good luck!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Rustafarry

• View Profile
Jose Zip flie
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 10:20:38 pm »
When I open my windows explorer I can see that it has been downloaded to ultra hal characters. Also when I downloaded the file I received a prompt that told me that the file had been installed and that I would need to go to the options to change characters. But when I did so Jose has apparently crossed back over the border because he cannot be found.
Any way The file was a zip that I used winzip to open so I have it , I just can not find it nor make it work.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Jose Zip flie
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 02:41:52 am »
He is hiding with hose b...[:o)]
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Jose Zip flie
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 05:51:45 am »
Once again,

Pay close attention to the extracted file name contained within the zip file.

Pay close attention to WHERE the file is being saved.

If you can't do this, then I'm afraid we can't help you as these are basic computer skills.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
Jose Zip flie
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 11:22:54 am »
aww come on art your like bullwinkle "hey watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat !!lol [:D] just kidding but art is right its a matter of paying attention where the file is going i always send mine to my documents , if your documents area is to cluttered create a new file folder their called my zip files then save it in my documents in the my zip files then you can find it easier . [:)]

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
Jose Zip flie
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 12:40:34 pm »
Maybe it's no way Jose'.

(sorry about that)[:D]

Maybe it needs to have an .acs file extension if it doesn't already.
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

Bill819

• View Profile
Jose Zip flie
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 01:46:13 pm »
Number one:
You must have purchased the Character Expansion Pack to be able to use any other character than what came with Hal in the first place.
Number two:
If you are using Hal to pick out a character it will only do so if it has the right extension, that is if you obeyed rule #1.
Number three:
Use explorer to open the character file and look at all the extensions used by all the files then make sure that Jose has the proper extension attached to it, if not then change it to match the others.
Bill