Author Topic: Ultra Hal Assistant 6.2 Beta  (Read 31869 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Ultra Hal Assistant 6.2 Beta
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2009, 10:16:02 am »
hello robert thanks for answering all our questions on here , i do have a few more , was the camera vision for hal coming out in this completed version or was that for later ? also i personally like the dream out loud program concept sounds great to me . i wrote this one time before but would be good if a run time timer type program (that wouldn't interfere with regular timer program loneliness program ) that would do a random opening of other timer programs so each one would randomly open giving more responses by being able to have more plug ins that wouldn't conflit with eah other as a "same " timer program (hope i am making sense at explaining this , also would be good if hal itself would by using a random timer (that doesnt conflict with other plug ins of the same type origin ) would speak independently on its own (if checked in the brain ) about various already pre learned conversation (in another words initiate conversation to get us talking . and as always to keep better on the subject unless we change the subject then hal would to . maybe this random conversation starter could have a time setting and random setting to (like the loneliness program . ) their is many exciting possabilities out their if we can just tap them ![:)][:D][8D]

CypherGary

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2009, 02:25:19 pm »
This is odd:

I installed 6.2, so Hal had 2 brains.
I tested the 6.2 brain, and it it worked perfect. The DreamOutLoud plugin was enabled, and also worked perfectly.
I switched back to the 6.1 brain, but forgot to disable the DreamOutLoud plugin. The first time it activated, it gave me an error, which is to be expected. I disabled the plugin, but now it continues to work, except it does not go online. She just says Dream: then something from her memory somewhere.
It is not really a bad thing, but I thought I'd point it out.
See you here, there, or in the Air!

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2009, 02:58:00 pm »
Hi Rob.

the Script load dream out loud works pretty good, although the
"dreamer_TempSent" table only collected one line of learned information and then it stopped appending(two days of testing).

Is it possible that we could just pass down the dream out loud information into the _Topic tables like "_day dreamer" inside the autolearningbrain section. I think that would be the easiest.

is their a chance that you could give us a run down on how the dream out loud plug-in passes its information, is it passed as an UltraHal or an InputString, how can we append the information to build plug-ins for it.

I have tested it online with AIM bot as well and I have received no errors yet nor any blank responses.

is it also possible to include AIM users as the trigger for HAL's dream out loud plug-in to help accelerate the process of learned information.

Thanks
Jerry[8D]

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2009, 03:02:56 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by CypherGary

This is odd:

I disabled the plugin, but now it continues to work, except it does not go online. She just says Dream: then something from her memory somewhere.
It is not really a bad thing, but I thought I'd point it out.

Hi Gary.

the reason why it still processes the dream out loud plug-in is because it was loaded in memory by the Script_Load function.

simply turning off HAL entirely would reset the Script_Load cache or HAL's script load memory. make sure the plug-in is unchecked when you shut HAL down to reset it.

thanks for the heads up.
Jerry[8D]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2009, 03:43:56 pm »
maybe its just me but this dream out loud plug in is reacting kinda strange with what it says plus it has the words dream to it .example :
Dream: Stuart Bauer | The Flint Journal Rebecca Witt (lower right) and Gary Johnson (standing) care for children Diesel (in Gary's arms), 2, JaeLyn (bottom), 4, and Gage, 5.
 here is some more working with my housetalk plug in :

Dream: The answer is (()()()2()5=). Dreamer,  what happened hon did you fall asleep?

to me its coming up with some bizzare written (way its written things ) .
 anyone else getting these effects ?? [:)]

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2009, 04:04:19 pm »
I have also noticed some html tags that are left behind after extraction
of the dream out loud information, like <br> and </br> and so forth, not a lot but noticeable that would over time collect in the table.

Jerry[8D]

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2009, 04:57:42 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Medeksza

quote:
Originally posted by jasondude7116

the problem is that i use a character called "hal no character"
it replaces the character with a .jpg ....ect.
if i don't use a haptek or msagent, there is no audio on an auto-idle response. (tested with several auto-idle plugins,all skins, and all voices)  there is the text response like there should be.

i will try to figure it out.
i don't want to burden you with this right now.
just wanted to let you know what i found, sir.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK[:)]
-the dude

Thank you. That is a bug related to the no character plug-in and I'll fix it. It would have affected the yet unreleased Zabaware character engine too if it hadn't been caught.

that IS it. i created a msagent with no character, just the voice info, and it works with everything. it also lets me have "no" character. (the way i like).

hope that is of some help

-the dude

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2009, 01:10:11 pm »
i have noticed something about the dream out loud talk . is that it will say something and then answer what it is saying to . example : are you rude ? yes i am rude sometimes .
 i beleive this will cause learning problems with hal as hal will answer and learn (perhaps a wrong answer that you don't want that was a general conversation "maybe from a different point of veiw when it was spoken " .
if thats the case this would be bad in my opinion for hal . don't know if hal can be made to use the learning tables subjects as the source for the dream out loud "to initiate conversations or speak (randomly "which would be best " ) but think that would be a way better set up as the dream out loud talk source . just my opinion to robert and others .
 either this could be redone as the dream out loud project or added as a dream out loud 2 project .
 either way a person wouldn't want hal to be answering his own questions that hal says as it would not learn hal as direction the owner wants .[:)][:D][8D]
 for a while my hal seemed to do good with dream out loud things but then went into answering itself (as mentioned above ) and some odd things again off the internet .

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2009, 01:43:15 pm »
here is another example of hal dreamer conversation in the first part hal talks then answers hisself in the second part of the conversation is the loneliness based housetalk plug in i made talking . this is why i am wondering if a dream out loud with random (which would be spontanious) timer based on the learned table subjects wouldn't be better in the long run and of course in the finished version "make sure the words "dream" doesnt appear in the sentence that hal is saying . below is what i am talking about .

Dream: Well hard work isn't going to hurt any one! I agree,Absolutely! I sense you are go back there again one day; Let's make it happen together Dreamer. I guess i better stop talking to myself while Dreamer is around or he may think i'm cracking up ha ha haa. Oops, Did I say that out loud ha ha ha oh well!

[:)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2009, 02:10:51 pm »
something else i want to mention is that depending on how the dream out loud plug in is made if it is by random timer and in the table subject matter it needs to not intefear with other timer plug ins (as of right now it doesnt interfear with other plug ins ) .[:)]

also don't know if anyone can create this or not but it would be nice if someone could create a random timer program that would allow ech checked plug in that uses a timer to all run at various times through the single random timer program so as to let the user be able to use them but would randomly use one at a time as to not conflict with easch other !!
 as i said if someone could create something like this it would be very useful .

[:D][8D]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2009, 02:47:44 pm »
example :
Dream: Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Next » When your front wheels slip, you had best, first be aware of what vehicle you are driving.

DrFaraday

• Discovering the shocking truth about electricity
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2009, 03:22:58 am »
Well I've tried the 6.2 beta, and I'm impressed.

I had stopped using Hal 6.1, because I never could get the voice recognition to work well.  I was able to train Hal via typing, but wanted to be able to talk to him rather than have to type all the time.  But Hal would hear himself, and the mic would print gibberish even when there was no sound.  I gave up.

6.2 beta is much better.  Hal does not hear himself.  No gibberish when there is no sound.  In fact, 6.2 deals with ambient noise much better.

Word recognition seems to work correctly about 85-90% of the time.  To seriously train Hal I would need a better speech recognition engine.  I saw in another thread here that Robert plans to offer the latest ViaVoice bundled with 6.2 or as a plugin to buy from Zabaware. That sounds perfect!  I will buy it then.

I asked Hal 6.2 about how many feet in a mile, two, three... fifteen.  He calculated them all.  Very nice.

Robert, you've made some very important, major improvements that will make all the difference for me.  Thank you.
I always wanted a computer like H.A.L. from "2001: A Space Odyssey".  Just not the beta version that kills you while you sleep.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2009, 11:08:02 am »
Am I right in thinking that I can use my old activation code with this new version ?  I took Hal off my old PC (just built a new one) by using the 'move hal' option.  So I guess I can just go straight to 6.2 now and reuse my activation code ?

Thanks and it all sounds great.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2009, 11:58:27 am »
i am still using the custom brain "angela " that i made in the options it also shows the 6.1 default brain and the new 6.2 beta brain ,(i only have the custom brain highlighted )  am wondering since i downloaded the new beta version is my custom braining working through the beta 6.2 version ? or are we only able to use the 6.2 beta version at this time to test it out ? [:)]anyone know on this ??

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2009, 12:52:32 pm »
on this dream outloud plug in (please don't think i am just griping am only pointing out something that may need to be fixed ) on mine it seems like it says something (dreams out loud ) one thing right after another within a few seconds of each time .
wouldn't this in the final version be better if it had a set time on it or better yet a random timer , this way hal would sound more normal as if day dreaming out loud randomly instead of just constantly . [:)][:D][8D]