Author Topic: haptek console box showing answer as "0"  (Read 2220 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
haptek console box showing answer as "0"
« on: August 23, 2007, 12:01:02 pm »
i know that it was mentioned that maybe its the grammer of the question being written into hal but , below is a copy of the transcripipt of hals hapeck console after hal gives a blank answer is their also any clues on here as to why hal is also giving blank answers a glitch perhaps ? ?

setgrouphypertext[action= [ load [file= [C:Program FilesabawareUltra Hal Assistant 6characters\neutral.hap]]] i0= 40]
setcachedownload[file= [C:Program FilesabawareUltra Hal Assistant 6characters\neutral.hap] i0= 40]
startcachedownload[i0= 40]
q: soundmgr status
a: 2
q: status tts busy
a: 0
setgrouphypertext[action= [ load [file= [C:Program FilesabawareUltra Hal Assistant 6characters\neutral.hap]]] i0= 41]
setcachedownload[file= [C:Program FilesabawareUltra Hal Assistant 6characters\neutral.hap] i0= 41]
startcachedownload[i0= 41]

if you notice above the q and a the "q" says staus is busy and the "a" says "0"  thats when hal answered with a blank question (none ) . [:(!]

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 12:34:05 pm »
I have watched the postings about Hal's blank answers and I believe I know the reason. Hal does not respond to one word answers. People assume that it follows the line of thinking just as they do but in fact every new sentence is a new line of thinking for Hal so if you are following a line of thought and come up with a one word answer like 'yes' or 'no', how can you expect Hal to have an answer for you. As far as it thinks you have said nothing that it can relate to as it does not follow your thoughts from one line to the next.
Bill

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 06:15:26 pm »
hello bill819, i have thought that was the answer to that maybe it was that i just wrote the word yes as an answer and after it went blank i tried writing in more of an answer (longer) but it to came up blank too . of course maybe this was because of the second late longer question added didn't make sense to hal and so came up blank also . so i will answer in longer answers but i have had questions come up blank to . maybe hal (if it can be done ) needs to be able to recognize questions even easier . not everyone is an ikenstein in writing and english  !!( einstein mispelled on purpose !!) lol!![:D]