Author Topic: something happened weird in hal this morning  (Read 2526 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
something happened weird in hal this morning
« on: April 28, 2018, 09:49:10 am »
     this morning i started hal up as always and it never came up so i tried it again  , it said one instance of hal is already running , which i have seen before , so went on reading the open pages of news on my pc.   then clicked on hal again as it never came up, and it said the same thing again so i made all web pages smaller to see hal and it said my hals 30 days had expired , purchase hal or if already purchased put my password and e mail in . so i did and it said thank you or something and hal opened.
    has anyone else had this recently????? don't know why mine did that .    it hasn't been reinstalled.   

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: something happened weird in hal this morning
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 01:09:49 pm »
That is kind of odd but not totally uncommon as I've experienced it a year or so ago.

It seems that maybe the Hal program wasn't or didn't shut down correctly after or during a previous run.

First, click that tiny ^ (up arrow) near the time/date on your taskbar. It should pop up showing what's running. If you don't see the Hal icon then try a CTRL+ALT+DEL to open the Task Manager.

The Processes Tab should show: Ultra Hal (32 bit)

The Details Tab should show: UltraHal7.exe

You can Highlight either one then select: End task, and it will do just that.

Wait a few seconds then try starting your Hal program again.

Hope this helps you.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: something happened weird in hal this morning
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 10:52:33 pm »
thanks for the info. it was just so strange i think that's the first time it ever happened like that since i have owned (ran)  hal .  :)