dupa

Author Topic: Losing their voice...please help  (Read 3497 times)

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
Losing their voice...please help
« on: May 07, 2008, 01:37:46 am »
Hi guys,
I keep running into a problem where Hal isn't speaking. Hal will say the time and date ok when loading but then falls silent when the character is up. I had a problem awhile back where Hal only lost the voice I had selected for him. All the other voices worked. Have tried Updating Sapi config. I bought Kate and Paul voices. I was running the Sam voice the other day when it happened. Thought one of the sample voices I downloaded screwed things up. Actually formatted my hard drive, re-installed Hal and the voices and it is happening again. Anybody know a solution? It puzzles me as to why Hal would read the time and date ok when loading, work ok when I hit test voice but then go silent when I load the character. Is it something to do with exclusive control? Is it my mic settings. I don't know but I'm not liking it. Help me Obi Wan...anyway....please help!
When a child is born without a soul...

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 05:21:26 am »
I have the same problem with a Cepstral voice and Haptek-Hal. It will work for a bit, then it stops working. All input is ignored.(except a text response will show in Hal) I only use it once in awhile, using the British-English voice from Microsoft most of the time.

It must be my computer, but I cannot afford a new one.
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

dn4ab

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 03:37:14 am »
Hi,

I have exactly the same problem Ooglar its happened to me twice i fixed it the first time by reinstalling everything but it happened again. I think its something to do with the full body charactor or the plugins as it has only happened to me after i have add a plugin.

If anyone could help!!!???

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 11:30:37 am »
I think what you want to do is make sure you have the SAPI4 and SAPI5 engines installed. Not the developer kit for SAPI5. It caused problems for me. I don't think it is the characters themselves. A good place to snag just the engines is here.

http://www.text-mp3.com/downloads.html

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 03:26:13 pm »
The speech Control panel showed I have SAPI 4 also installed.

And I believe I got SAPI 5 from Microsoft Speech SDK. But if I have further problems with Cepstral, I will try reinstalling SAPI 4-5.

I only have trouble in Haptek or Hal with Cepstral.
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 01:30:02 am »
There is a trick, which I am not fond of tricks to make a commercial program work properly, but if you select another voice, perhaps from the same company, and then select the voice you want, it sometimes works. It seems that information in some of the voices is necessary to make other voices work. A patch from the companies that make these voices to correct this would be nice. Since they probably aren't listening, perhaps if someone dropped them a line as they may not be aware of this. Also, I wonder if Haptek knows or if it is something from their end.