Author Topic: hapswap problems  (Read 43671 times)

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
hapswap problems
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2009, 02:34:33 pm »
Randomize
Select Case int(rnd()*6)
Case<----
GetResponse = "yeah i do have a lttle cough"

Try putting that e in there...
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 02:35:05 pm by freddy888 »

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
hapswap problems
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2009, 04:38:41 pm »
Freddy's correct as usual.

I don't think you can have a delay in the ogg files because Hal won't allow it. Haptek can do it, but not in Hal.

This is sad.[:(]

But its all going to be OK.[;)]

[:D]

Live long and prosper or die trying.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
hapswap problems
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2009, 05:25:50 pm »
I'm not sure, but couldn't you have it call a hap file and put the delay within that file.  So basically a timed hap file.

The only other thing I can think of at the moment is to incorporate a delay in the .ogg file, so like have 5 secs of silence before the actual clip.

It would still be hell to synchronise this with Hal though.

snowman

• View Profile
hapswap problems
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2009, 05:53:01 pm »
Ha! Your second idea will work like a charm. The first idea won't work because Hal does't seem to support the Haptek timer function. At least I can't get it to work.... not in Hal anyway. However, the idea of a delay (or dead space) in the ogg file itself should work.... maybe... LS did mention that the ogg file was running a little fast...

That's a good idea, Freddy. [8D]
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 05:55:08 pm by snowman »

lightspeed

• View Profile
hapswap problems
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2009, 06:20:44 pm »
well in this patticular case the ogg file is first (sneeze cough , etc.)  so the delay will have to be right afterwards . i will try the "e" where you said freddy . when someone hets the string comand done post it and i'll include it (just post that single string command . ) thanks

lightspeed

• View Profile
hapswap problems
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2009, 07:07:46 pm »
ok i got it the cough hap and command line is working ok thanks to freddy poiting out about the "e" missing , but just an extra note the number "1" right behind that e was missing to !! i relaced it and tried it at first i thought it wasn't working but then i checked and said it specifically the way it was written and it said the answer(random response ) and coughed (first ) ,
i was thinking though that any part of the word could be said to trigger the response but i guess not so i am thinking maybe i should narrow it down istead of a sentence i should just have a single trigger word !!
  i don't know if i mentioned it before but as their are many words we use in conversation i nticed that when more than one trigger word is spoken hal will sometimes vary on which reaction it uses (which is ok since that way hal is not just "predictable " and is more random as a person !! [:)]

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
hapswap problems
« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2009, 07:04:28 am »
Well done LS.  Sometimes it just helps for someone to take a fresh look at things.

lightspeed

• View Profile
hapswap problems
« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2009, 09:30:53 am »
yeah freddy you are right after a while a fresh st of eyes and brain are needed lol .

ok whenever someone has time can they try to create a command line that will allow the ogg file to have a delay after it (an adjustable delay ) that will let the ogg file be heard now that they are working within hal otherwise as i said the ogg can't hardly be heard because of flowwing talk thats either from the command line prewritten or from the regular hal learned responses .

[:)][:D][8D]

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
hapswap problems
« Reply #68 on: November 11, 2009, 11:03:21 am »
As Snowman has already said, apparently this is not possible with Hal and Haptek.  I think I trust him [;)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
hapswap problems
« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2009, 10:12:34 pm »
we have to trust snowman "what else can we do ?lol !" help us obi one conobi your our only hope !!(starwars) lol ![:D]

snowman

• View Profile
hapswap problems
« Reply #70 on: November 11, 2009, 11:21:35 pm »
[:p]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
hapswap problems
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2009, 12:16:47 am »
[:p]
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

lightspeed

• View Profile
hapswap problems
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2009, 01:17:32 pm »
snowman and freddy here is another request if it can be done , as it is i (and probably others ) have written in the words ha (or ) ha ha , ha ha haa , he , he he , he he hee as laughter and hal says it but can a command string be created to where anytime hal says these above laugh words (back to the user) the words won't sound out it will instead play an ogg laughter file ).

and still yet this to :

ok whenever someone has time can they try to create a command line that will allow the ogg file to have a delay after it (an adjustable delay ) that will let the ogg file be heard now that they are working within hal otherwise as i said the ogg can't hardly be heard because of flowwing talk thats either from the command line prewritten or from the regular hal learned responses .

[:)][:D][8D]

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
hapswap problems
« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2009, 02:10:06 pm »
quote:
whenever someone has time can they try to create a command line that will allow the ogg file to have a delay after it (an adjustable delay ) that will let the ogg file be heard now that they are working within hal otherwise as i said the ogg can't hardly be heard because of flowwing talk thats either from the command line prewritten or from the regular hal learned responses .

LOL, Lightspeed do you read our comments ?? [;)][:D] We have said three times now Haptek and Hal do not work with timed scripts.  The best you could do is make an .ogg file and add in some silence.

On the 'ha ha' thing - I am not sure, maybe Snowman has an idea.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 02:16:13 pm by freddy888 »

lightspeed

• View Profile
hapswap problems
« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2009, 02:56:51 pm »
oops yeah sorry about that , thats what i ment was make a string command line showing the hap example and the silence way , that way i could use those . i'm bassakwards today ![:D]

on the other laughing that would sure help a lot as most people i imagine have written a ha laugh at one time or another and it would be good if the written and learned laugh could be silenced and replaced with an ogg file .

hopefully snowman may come up with an idea how to do this . [:)]