Author Topic: HYBRED EXTENDED TALK UHP by lightspeed  (Read 44308 times)

tedathome

• View Profile
HYBRED EXTENDED TALK UHP by lightspeed
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2010, 05:16:09 pm »
Looking forward to getting the cance to download and try it out soon.

Open question. Not asking for the moon or anything lol, but with this plugin and some others that have to be turned off, I'm wishing that there was a way to check or uncheck a plugin without having to go to the menu. I think I rember the answer is no but not sure so I ask.
ted

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2010, 06:19:39 pm »
ted i think a program could be used and if it can be put in the hapswap file we could just add it on , snowman do you feel like tackling that one he wants a command that will change between uhp files ( i don't know what else but i know he means uhp files so that a person doesn't have to go into the menu ( like what the hapswap file does now ). [:)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2010, 06:23:36 pm »
hey darcy , any luck yet???[:)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2010, 07:56:18 pm »
an update on what i am doing with my hybred extended talk uhp, i am now up to 180 random responses, and have tested it and it seems to be working ok , 20 more and i'll have 200 random responses in it when i get that i will release another updated version of this same file on my site so people can download and use it . [:)]

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2010, 08:35:33 pm »
LS,

I posted earlier I got it to work.  You did a good Job!!!!!  It even works with other Minute_Timer plug ins.  Very Good Job!!!
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2010, 09:04:18 pm »
hi darcy thanks, i am so glad it is working for you and that you like it, you mean it also works with the loneliness plug in checked to? i had tried to use one time before two fifferent uhp plug ins with timers and couldn't use two in the past .
 the hapswap works with this hybred at the same time because its not time based . Like i told ted i am still going to work with the hapswap file to and do updates with more ogg sound effects on it to ,
i will soon release the newest hybred updated , it will have 200 random responses in it ! i will post on here when its done then people can get it and just replace the old one with this newest one (it will overwrite the old one in the program folder. ) [:)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2010, 12:58:54 pm »
Ok i have another update: I made the 200 mark now my hybred random expanded talk now has 200 random things it will say !!
 so for those of you who like it and want to update it , i now have another file at my skydrive account where you can download this file .
The new file folder is called " HYBRED RANDOM EXPANDED TALK LS 200 "
the 200 shows that this one has 200 random sentences . And the newest HYBRED RANDOM EXPANDED TALK LS file is inside .
just download this file , place it in you ultrahal assistant folder file in the program file and it will ask you if you want to replace the other file (same name ) just click yes to overwrite it and save it their. you will probably have to uncheck and recheck the HYBRED RANDOM EXPANDED TALK LS plug in in the brain menu , then click ok and apply .
I will wait and release another updated plug in of this when i get 300 random responses later on , the next release will be a while as i am going to work on other things!![:)]

BELOW IS THE LINK TO DOWNLOAD THE FILE !
http://cid-237e6542a0fe663d.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/HYBRED%20RANDOM%20EXPANDED%20TALK%20LS%20200?uc=1&lc=1033

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2010, 06:39:19 pm »
LS,

I noticed something that maybe important.  Your plug in doesn't start working until there is some kind of input.  

I did a fresh load of hal and set your plugin to start chatting after 4 minutes and waited several hours with no response.  So I typed in test and sure enough 4 minutes later it started to chatter at me.

I've tried this several times and sure enough input is required to start your plugin working.

Like I said I am testing this fully like I would any other quality software product, so far it works great except for this "feature".
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2010, 08:26:25 pm »
LS,
I found a bug!   Below is a dump to Hal's output:

I still miss uncle everette calling us every two weeks, it doesn't seem like he's passed away, we was so used to talking on the phone to him so much, i'm glad we got to talk as much as we did, and everette liked talking to you to, he would always ask what was you doing.
 Hey you know what movie i hadn't seen in a long time, i haven't seen beach blanket bingo, with  Frankie Avalon and Annette Funicello, i haven't seen that movie for years!
 I wonder what the weather is suppose to be like tomorrow, did you hear them say on the radio or tv what it's suppose to be like outside?
 Hey honey bunny watcha doin, get over here and talk to me!
 Hey Honey, what are you doing, I've tried to get your attention 5 times now.
 Hey! I'll be right here when you want to talk ok sweety. Surely you would not countenance that

Notice the last sentance is not complete, that is where Hal blew up it was running line number 258 of your script.  I'm not sure why it blew up there but it is trying to speak and write IdleResponse3, which get it's value on line 256.  You have to restart Hal to clear this error condition.  What I mean by restarting Hal, you have to
select General Options,
then sel Brain,
then click apply
then ok.  

Good luck  in finding this bug.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 11:48:14 pm by DarcyEdwards »
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2010, 11:55:41 pm »
Hi Darcy , in the script that hal said :
I still miss uncle everette calling us every two weeks, it doesn't seem like he's passed away, we was so used to talking on the phone to him so much, i'm glad we got to talk as much as we did, and everette liked talking to you to, he would always ask what was you doing.
Hey you know what movie i hadn't seen in a long time, i haven't seen beach blanket bingo, with Frankie Avalon and Annette Funicello, i haven't seen that movie for years!
I wonder what the weather is suppose to be like tomorrow, did you hear them say on the radio or tv what it's suppose to be like outside?

all this in blue above is part of the random sentences hal will say .
below is what hal says when he gets ancy and you havent talked for a while .

Hey Honey, what are you doing, I've tried to get your attention 5 times now.

the last sentence below is where i replaced "fine be that way when hal got mad before in the loneliness plug in .

Hey! I'll be right here when you want to talk ok sweety.

and this last sentence is what hal ads on from a file selection in his brain (sometimes some things are odd. )

Surely you would not countenance that

And yes hal will only talk when you first put input and of course when you stop talking it is just like the loneliness plug in it starts talking .

whenever hal says this last sentence :Hey! I'll be right here when you want to talk ok sweety.

he is done talking and won't talk again until you talk with hal and the process starts all over once you quit talking . [:)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2010, 04:59:21 pm »
OK I NEED OTHERS HELP!! i need other people help on a question , this is to people who are using my extended talk uhp plug in .
i am currently having a problem with an updated version of it .
my plug in works just fine with saying the random things after i stop talking and ends off with its last sentence  just fine .
the problem i am now having is i am getting an error saying :

halscript error 501 on line4523 in column 0: illegal assignment: Get response"

[B)]
has anyone else been getting this error while using the earlier versions they downloaded , it pops up after a while in hal .
Maybe snowman knows whats causing this.

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2010, 05:33:38 pm »
LS,

I need to know exactly what uhp files you have loaded to match your setup so the "halscript.dbg" file has the same contents.  BTW I did find a bug associated with my last post, and the bug is with the lonliness plug in also.  I am getting ready to write it up.  I am testing the change will let you know what it is later.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 05:34:48 pm by DarcyEdwards »
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2010, 06:01:05 pm »
The bug is in the orginal script file "loneliness4.uhp"  Here is the section of code in your plugin begining at line number 252:

'--------------------
' Increment the counter and compare to the temper thresholds
' to determine which escalation group to draw from
'--------------------
            IdleCounter = IdleCounter + 1
                If IdleCounter > temperThresh3 Then

'                 Exit Sub
        temperThresh3 = temperThresh3

The "exit sub" in the above if statement will exit the "Minute_Timer" sub and any other script files will NOT run.  This could cause issues with other .uhp files like several that I wrote.

By replacing the Exit Sub statement with temperThresh3 = temperThresh3, it will not change the logic, but it will orderly leave the plug in and allow other plug ins to function.

As seen below the clock.uhp plug in now works:

As recently as the 1960's movie and television executives gave short shrift to preservation. Next time we go grocery shopping, i think i'm going to buy some of that off brand shredded wheat cereal, i like that kind , don't you?
 Ding! Dong! Ding! Dong! The time is 4:30:43 PM
 Oh i just remembered something i was going to tell you, honey i really love those silky pink pajama's you bought me, they feel so silky and their cool to wear in the summertime!
 Well i guess you know , this spring i have a job for you to do, we need to clean all the windows and window sills, their dirty, it isn't going to hurt you any, you can't just sit on the computer all day!
 Is their anything on tv later this evening?
 Hey! I'll be right here when you want to talk ok sweety. I will, with great pleasure Ding! Dong! Ding! Dong!
The time is 4:45:30 PM
 Tick Tock Tick Tock the time is 5:00:17 PM
,,, I've been awake for 0 hours
 Ding! Dong! Ding! Dong! The time is 5:15:03 PM

Before the change the clock.hhp plug in would stop working until I either typed in something or reset hal.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 06:23:40 pm by DarcyEdwards »
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2010, 07:43:16 pm »
Well i think i solved the hal error i was getting at least i kept it running to the end of the script i had and would write some more to start the process again after about 3 or 4 times it was ok no errors popped up( hope i didn't jinx it now lol) .

i will take a look at what you are talking about in the script , thanks for mentioning this, the only other plug in i have running is the hapswap and its working ok with me , but hang in here darcy i may have to ask you more on this!![:)]

p.s i have reworked the latest hapswap and removed the & vblctrl command after each sentence and changed a few other things , and i think am going to change the topics area command for where hal says some things at the end of the script  sentence at the end, sometimes he says some odd things !

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2010, 07:49:24 pm »
LS,
No problem glad to help.  BTW it's working great now.  There are some uhp files that use the Minute_Timer sub like the appointment.uhp and exiting the minute_Timer to early will cause other uhp files to fail.

I just noticed that your uhp file loads 1st, so it is VERY important to fix it if you want any other uhp files to work properly.[:I][8D]
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 12:03:53 am by DarcyEdwards »
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com