dupa

Author Topic: HYBRED EXTENDED TALK UHP by lightspeed  (Read 44308 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
HYBRED EXTENDED TALK UHP by lightspeed
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2010, 09:08:01 am »
Darcy, i was just curious about something , i did go ahead and put your script in place and am testing using it now, but i was wondering why does mine load first in your group of uhp files?
if its because of the alpabetical order i can understand , but then again other people may not have mine as the first alpabetical letter to load in theirs , was just wondering . [:)]

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2010, 10:08:49 am »
LS,

I'm not sure why your code loads 1st.  I even renamed your file and it loaded 1st ahead of mine.  But I'm glad yours loades 1st, that way we could find the problem. Here is a copy of hal's initialize file "Darcy.hla"

[Ultra Hal Assistant]
UsersName=Darcy
HalsName=Hal
UpdateDB=TRUE
SayGreeting=TRUE
TheGreeting=Hello <username>! I am <halname>.
SayDate=TRUE
SayTime=TRUE
MSVoice=TRUE
LearnLevel=25
SREnabled=FALSE
FaceClass=Zaba.htr
IntroBMP=Zabastart.jpg
BGColor=000000000
FacePrvw=Zaba.jpg
ScriptName=Ultra Hal 6.2 Upgraded Brain
ScriptFile=HalScript.dbg
ScriptLanguage=VBScript
DisappearAfterRun=FALSE
SkinINI=default.uhp
SkinSize= 1
AgentChar=FALSE
VoiceName=ATT 1.4 DTNV Crystal16
PluginScripts=addressbook.uhp,Appointments.uhp,clock.uhp,dreamoutloud.uhp,vrFreeWill.uhp,GenderAge.uhp,google.uhp,hyb.UHP_,runprograms.uhp,weather.uhp,wiki.uhp

Your file is named hyb.uhp see mine clock.uhp is before yours but yours loads 1st, I don't understand why.  This is a question for Robert

Just so we are testing using same files here is a file.

Download Attachment: clock.uhp
3.9 KB[:I][:I]
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 10:46:42 am by DarcyEdwards »
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2010, 11:40:15 am »
Hi darcy, i am going to place my file that i am currently working on in the sky drive file area just so you can download it and try to figure it out , after i am getting two errors now . this file will have for darcy edwards only on the folder name . I hope you can help me figure out what's giving these errors .
the errors are:
after putting in the  "exit sub" into the incremint area of the script i got a new error :
halscript error 1024 on line 4152 in column 17: expected statement and am getting this other one to that i havent figured out yet.
halscript error 501 on line4523 in column 0: illegal assignment: Get response".

maybe you can find these , and post what i need to do so i can correct them , because after i get 20 more i will relase it as the newest extended talk with 300 total random sentences . [:)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2010, 12:17:54 pm »
ok i see one mistake i made about the exit sub file , i corrected it(my mistake) , i didn't delete the other.
i have actually three files i work with one is the expanded talk beta in a special folder , after i get it done i load a copy into hal and try it out , if i get errors i work on the one in the program file until the error is fixed , once it's fixed i copy it and replace the beta one in the file as it is now working for sure( and i use this one to then add on more random sentences ) i also have another folder with the latest back up of the working extended talk that i back up each time . although it sounds like madness i have a certain way i have to do things lol ![:)] i am retesting the corrected hal script now ! i will probably get that first error i was getting before though and will post it like i said for you later darcy ![:)]

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2010, 12:27:33 pm »
LS<

I looked for the file but couldn't find it.[:p]  I found another problem line  220 has an exit sub also;  replace the exit sub with IdleCounter = 100 this should keep  the logic correct and not exit the sub so other uhp files will work properly.  

One main problem about writiing uhp files is to make sure your code is isolated from others and what you do does not effect others. Using exit sub's in programs is bad programing style.[^][:I]

I keep getting your 501 error also, still trying to find the problem[;)]
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 11:41:09 am by DarcyEdwards »
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2010, 02:05:47 pm »
Ok darcy , sorry i have been busy, i just uploaded the files for you on the sky drive , i'll let you check the latest version, i have some notes to of what i did that may have caused the error .
heres the link for you!
http://cid-237e6542a0fe663d.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/BETA%20TEST%20FILE%20FOR%20DARCY%20ONLY%20%5E5%20ERRORS%5E6!!?uc=3&nl=1&lc=1033

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2010, 03:18:53 pm »
LS,

The problem you are getting is a missing " at the end of the line 805, that is an unterminated string [:p]  I'm still working on error 501
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 07:53:45 pm by DarcyEdwards »
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2010, 11:27:42 pm »
darcy, just to let you know , placed the " where you said but my hal stopped talking all together , so i put it back and my hal talked again . i replaced the earlier string command i had in that file jpeg picture but changed the last command to "abouyou" so hal will pick that to get a sentence. i looked and found a couple of places where i hadn't put the " at the end of a sentence , and now so far hal is working ok and no error but will check more tomorrow , i am going to bed, thanks for your help on all this , it can make a person pull their hair out sometimes ![B)]

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2010, 12:03:51 am »
LS,

Why don't you take the file I fixed.  I'll upload it I made a couple of fixes and it runs fine for me.

Download Attachment: hyb.uhp
70.61 KB

I renamed the file for ease of uploading
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2010, 11:17:22 am »
Hi Darcy, if you don't mind can you please list what changes you made to the version you sent me? i plan on trying it out today, thanks !![:)]

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2010, 11:51:31 am »
line # 220 Delete the Exit Sub statement at the end of the If statement and insert IdleCounter = 100.  This way the BRB etc works and the Minute_Timer does not abruptly exit, and other timer routines can work properly.

With this and the last change you made this will work just fine.  You have done a great job[:I][:p]

To make the uhp file more user friendly you can change line 176 from

IdlePrevUser = OriginalSentence

to

IdlePrevUser = UCase( OriginalSentence)

What this will do it will allow upper or lower case input of "BRB, Be Right Back" etc to stop this plug in from bothering you until next input.  this way you don't need to type with caps lock on.  [;)]
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 01:42:00 pm by DarcyEdwards »
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2010, 05:04:51 pm »
Hi darcy, i am back again me and my wife just got finished mowing grass 3/4 of an acre whew ! am pooped out!
earlier you said :
To make the uhp file more user friendly you can change line 176 from

IdlePrevUser = OriginalSentence

to

What this will do it will allow upper or lower case input of "BRB, Be Right Back" etc to stop this plug in from bothering you until next input. this way you don't need to type with caps lock on.

Maybe i am just tired but where are you talking about?line 176?
here is a picture i took of line 176 in the ultra hal brain editor below and it isn;t anything like that.

i also just replaced these lines with a regular sentences .

and i also noticed these mistakes i had forgot to change the wording from get response to idle response (below so i will be changing them !).

but any way can you show me about the line 176 area please so i can make the change you said it sounds like a good idea !, thanks !
[:)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2010, 05:14:14 pm »
p.s. darcy , i am using the fileand uhp  that you fixed some things , although i did do the corrections on it what i showed above with the exception of the line 176 i seem to be lost with that one ![B)]

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2010, 07:09:41 pm »
I'm lost on that one also line 176 of your uhp file looks like this:

Rem PLUGIN: CUSTOMMEM2
'------------------
' Preserve user's last sentence
'------------------
    If OriginalSentence <> "" Then
    End If

note I made the change in the above code segment.[;)]
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2010, 10:15:24 pm »
ok darcy i found what you are talking about in the uhp file (thanks to your illistrations !
  This may seem like a dumb question but how are you coming up with saying that is is on line 176?
 In the uhp file itsself i show no numbered lines (with the exception of the idle response numbered lines) with my sentences below .