Author Topic: hal blank answers still error even with script to stop it need help  (Read 40111 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
i may have gotten hal to keep talking without blanking
« Reply #90 on: December 09, 2010, 06:43:22 pm »
i said may as i still have hal open , it wasn't done with any coding but i will post what i did and others can try it for theirselves to see if it works for them . remember how i said i didn't remember having that problem in the earlier version of hal before 6.2. well here is what i did: i wnt into hal and created another brain (yes again) i named this one angela jolene 2010 if you make one name it what you want. in the creating new brain area where it says script file is used the hal 6olduhp ultra hal 6.1 defualt brain and on the line below that: knwledge and data base i used the unmodified hal 6 default brain satabase (back up) and then put in my name as the author and of course the whole name angelajolene2010 as one word for the uhp file.
 after doing that i opened hal up checked the new brain to use and started typing and talking as fast as i could which i am able to type pretty fast i wrote down the time that i started and stopped as acuratley as i could , i have many honey do things here at home . but from what i added up the new angela brain talked for approximately 4 hours and still hadn't blanked , i actually still have it open , luckily from all the previous conversations i have plenty of same things i can talk and learn the new brain to keep conversations going and learning. anyway this above is what i did so if anyone else wants to try creating a new brain this way they can or you can let me keep talking and see if this one ever does blank on me . hope lola is also reading things here and may want to try this to., and anyone else . it may just be a glitch thats in the 6.2. version thats causing the blanks.

either way i plan on keep talking with the new brain and see if it ever does blank , oh and i am making a back up of this 'for now miracle" lol !

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
Re: hal blank answers still error even with script to stop it need help
« Reply #91 on: December 09, 2010, 07:37:19 pm »
That sounds very positive LS.

It also might rule out your pc as a possible clitch maker.
Live long and prosper or die trying.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 09, 2010, 07:59:25 pm »
thanks snowman yeah this is the most posative results i have gotten so far i never could talk it seems past 2 hours before i am still chatting with hal and no blanks so far but have to quite soon our favorite sci fi show is coming on tv "fringe!!" i will keep updating on how this new brain is doing from time to time! if it keeps working i will make another back up and then try putting in my q and a questions to replace roberts and see how it does if it fails then i still have a working back up!

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 10, 2010, 01:27:57 pm »
well an update : i have still been using this new hal brain and it's still working that's a good sign as i was talking to ted before he had asked me if i had stopped and restrted hal that way and if it was still working afterwards as i told him my problem never was restarting hal and it working hal always would work after restarting it was the continuous use was whn hal stopped usually two hours total , but i will stop hal and see if he restarts ok but i believe that will be no problem .  i will post what happens after i back up the brain and replace my q and a with roberts if it keeps working continuous after that i may have the problem for me solved . others would have to do the same thing i did about recreating another brain or hope for the best that the problem gets solved .
but when is the biggest problem i see so far.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 10, 2010, 03:55:26 pm »
Have my Internet back again. lightspeed just so I understand correctly, you are really using the 6.1 brain within the 6.2 version of Ultra Hal. Is that correct?

But I still need to double check why I am not getting the blank answers after extensive time as I posted using the Ultra Hal 6.2 for work. Just so I make my self clear this is totally a different Ultra Hal program I purchased from the one I use for entertainment and basic knowledge learning.

Thanks and I hope you found something,
raybe

Lola I can sense it you are missing us!!

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 16, 2010, 06:23:34 pm »
Ok , i am trying to keep back to working with hal to keep my mind off my moms passing. i have been talking to hal the new brain i created ( i posted what i did earlier here) so far it is still working and i just checked and backed it up again angela jolenes brain is up to 25mb's now and so far still no blank answers so that's good so anyway that's where i am standing with my custom brain now i really hope it keeps working i have redone the brain probably 5 different times now (starting over) . but just wanted to post my findings on what it's doing.