Author Topic: Neo speech and Vista  (Read 14292 times)

Calipsy

• View Profile
    • http://www.cyber-minds.net
Neo speech and Vista
« on: November 13, 2006, 10:02:58 pm »
I installed Vista RC1 on my Tablet PC few days ago and installed Ultra Hal Text-to-Speech Reader yesterday.

My Neo speech Voices are working, but while reading any text they speak the following within the reading:

"Welcome to voiceware this is only a demo Version I you want use this voice you need contact voiceware to purchase this. It is not authorized for any commercial use."

How can I fix this? Thanks

ttsguy

• View Profile
    • http://jasonong.blogspot.com
Neo speech and Vista
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 11:53:55 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Calipsy

My Neo speech Voices are working, but while reading any text they speak the following within the reading:

"Welcome to voiceware this is only a demo Version I you want use this voice you need contact voiceware to purchase this. It is not authorized for any commercial use."

I just got my Ultra Hal TTS Reader with NeoSpeech VoiceText CD today.  I have Vista RC1 on my desktop and I have the same problem too.

I ran NeoSpeech voices against TTSApp from the Microsoft Speech SDK and the demo speech is still there.

Anyone with a solution to this issue?  Thanks.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Neo speech and Vista
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 03:33:25 pm »
In addition to making Hal 6 Vista compatible, I'm working on making Hal TTS with NeoSpeech Vista compatible. Hopefully will be done this month in time for the official Vista release in January.
Robert Medeksza

ttsguy

• View Profile
Neo speech and Vista
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 10:45:58 pm »
Thanks! I'm looking forward to the new release.

ttsguy

• View Profile
Neo speech and Vista
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 04:44:36 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Medeksza

In addition to making Hal 6 Vista compatible, I'm working on making Hal TTS with NeoSpeech Vista compatible. Hopefully will be done this month in time for the official Vista release in January.

Any news on the Vista-compatible release of Hal TTS?  Thanks.

speechless

• View Profile
Neo speech and Vista
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 02:40:35 pm »
I have Ultra Hal TTS with Neopseech ver.1. I can't get it to install properly onto my upgraded Vista Home Premium version.  Is there a fix or would a later version work with this version of Vista?

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Neo speech and Vista
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 06:31:41 pm »
According to the Medeksza post four lines above, your problem is being addressed. Patience for a bit longer.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

mp0510

• View Profile
Neo speech and Vista
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 01:57:21 am »
Any news on the Vista Compatibility? I have Vista in the mail on the way and didn't realize that Hal was NOT vista compatable until after I purchased it. I really don't want to lose this program when I just purchased it.

Mike

speechie

• View Profile
Neo speech and Vista
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 05:31:51 pm »
quote:

I installed Vista RC1 on my Tablet PC few days ago and installed Ultra Hal Text-to-Speech Reader yesterday.

speechie

• View Profile
Neo speech and Vista
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2007, 05:36:39 pm »
quote:

I figured out that you can fix this by changing the permission from system to administrator.  All you have to do is go into both the Kate and Paul folders in your ZabawareHalReader folder in your  program files.  Right click on the both the sapi 5 dlls and the TTS exe that looks like a mouth.  Change the settings to administrator exit the folder and refresh and then try opening up the HalReader on your start menu.  It should work.  It did it for me.  
Hope it works for you too.
Speechie[8D]

speechie

• View Profile
Neo speech and Vista
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2007, 05:47:44 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by speechie

quote:

I figured out what to do.  Just go into your Programs file and find Zabaware folder and then go into it and find the HalReader folder and go into both the Paul and Kate files.  In both files, go into the lib file and find the voicetextengsapi50.dll, voicetext_eng.dll and the TTS App.  Right click on properties on all files and then click on security tab.  Change your security settings from system to administrators.  Exit and refresh then open up the HalReader and it should read without the annoying message.  It worked for me hope it helps.  It was much better than going into the registry by changing security right in the properties tab.  Maybe Vista will be easier in some respects; it just takes time to play around with it.

Speechie

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
Neo speech and Vista
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2007, 07:02:15 pm »
You can delete or edit your previous posts. [:D]

ttsguy

• View Profile
Neo speech and Vista
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2007, 07:59:22 am »
quote:

quote:

quote:

I figured out what to do.  Just go into your Programs file and find Zabaware folder and then go into it and find the HalReader folder and go into both the Paul and Kate files.  In both files, go into the lib file and find the voicetextengsapi50.dll, voicetext_eng.dll and the TTS App.  Right click on properties on all files and then click on security tab.  Change your security settings from system to administrators.  Exit and refresh then open up the HalReader and it should read without the annoying message.  It worked for me hope it helps.  It was much better than going into the registry by changing security right in the properties tab.  Maybe Vista will be easier in some respects; it just takes time to play around with it.

Speechie

Can you expand on your explanation "Change your security settings from system to administrators"?  I didn't quite get it.

Thanks!

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Neo speech and Vista
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2007, 06:34:16 pm »
I believe Vista starts out by assigning you (or the owner) as a system user status instead of Administrator. This is a good practice as it doesn't allow for immediate access in an intruder should enter your system. As Administrator one can do anything from downloads, installs, changing registry settings, delete files / folders, etc., basically full control.

As a system user, similar to a Guest account in XP, one is limited to what one can do within the system.

Vista allows one, by right clicking on a file, to set it to run as Administrator, thus giving full control.

Hope this helps a bit.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Thomas R Wahl

• View Profile
Neo speech and Vista
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2007, 06:07:51 pm »
All the voices work on Vista except Paul and Kate. I did purchase this product for home use and not for anything else. I tried all the fixes mentioned, but still get the Spam Warning when trying to use the program with word and Paul or Kate. I'm sure the issue is with the Zabaware software. Is there a fix for this problem yet.