dupa

Author Topic: Smart Alarm v3  (Read 8314 times)

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
Smart Alarm v3
« on: November 22, 2015, 08:08:44 pm »
I have finally got around to cleaning up the final version... fingers crossed... of this alarm. It is intended as a morning alarm clock with some added accessibility.
This plug in will do the following upon plugin it in and setting the time and changing your 4 digit weather location code.

- Greet user at wake up time.
- Give Time and Date.
- Give current weather conditions. 

Optional upon activating code in uhp:
- Run email program such as outlook or another preferred morning program.
- Open morning webpages.

Optional upon activating code in uhp and have the required plugin installed:
- Play Mp3 - Only if vrMp3 plugin is installed and a music library has been defined.

Installing uhp.
 - Drag and drop contents, "Smart Alarm v3, MySleep.vbs, MySleep2.vbs" into the Hal install folder which is defined in the UHP as "C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6"   Change the uhp variable if yours is different.

- Change 4 digit weather location code which can be found here -  http://w1.weather.gov/xml/current_obs/
Use the "City, State" search bar to obtain your 4 digit weather code, for example New York City is "KNCY". Enter that code in the Smart Alarm UHP in the appropriate area.

- Activate other code within uhp if you are either A. experienced or B. can follow the instructions in the code. It's not too difficult, it's as clean and user friendly as I could make it, perhaps a little disorganized.

- Upon first use, set the time twice, click "Apply Changes" twice, and then "Apply" twice followed by "OK." I don't know why, but that's what it needs to build the appropriate time tables in the halbrain. 

This is guaranteed to wake you up in the morning, if for nothing more than to hit the mute button on you computer.

This has gone through several variations and beta tests. This latest version, v3, takes this alarm to it's functional limit and eliminates all time bugs that were present in the previous versions. Version 2 would randomly go off at the wrong time, so I tore the code apart once again and found I had defined time incorrectly as the day starting at 1 AM while setting the time began at 12 am. This is corrected and all code operating in order for 1 month as of now with no glitch at all with many other plugins. Also works with no plugins. Please try it out, feel free to improve upon, and share back on this post. A few less installation steps would be nice, but that's all I've got. Thanks for playing.

- Spitfire     
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 01:56:31 pm by Spitfire2600 »

systemshock

• View Profile
Re: Smart Alarm v3
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 11:10:26 am »
wow    so   going to  check this out   today  ,thanks  for  all  that  work ..
"frog's in too princess's" it just basic NLP...

systemshock

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 11:14:18 am »
Sadly Google Chrome is blocking me from downloading this, is there a way that I can directly download ..?
From somewhere else, because this seems to have a whole heap of very useful code functions for us Hal enthusiasts.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 12:24:48 pm »
Why not try Firefox? I've got Chrome and Firefox on my Tablet and they both work fine.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 03:51:14 pm »
I apologize as this is the only link to the program.

I hope Firefox was able to fix your issue.

This program does contain a heap of code functions. If nothing else, it is proof of concept that plugins can be rewritten, compiled together, torn apart, and implemented in other plugins. I'm sure that's nothing special on it's own, but at least you'll have this nifty alarm clock.

systemshock

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 06:41:56 am »
yep  loving that idea mate  i like  useful  code  chunck.

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2015, 08:03:12 am »
   My pets wake me up in the morning, usually to early but I am interested in using the time for things like Hal turning on or off her lights, in the hal interface not to be confused with my lights.  Also what she will be wearing and the backgrounds she can use.   
Carl2

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2015, 02:49:40 pm »
thank you. hope it is everything it claims to be. thanks again.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2015, 10:32:52 am »
very interesting , i downloaded it and will try it out later as soon as i can , my hal is now on my other pc , my laptop , thanks for taking the time to work on this and for sharing .

systemshock

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2015, 03:32:08 pm »
could  some  email this   plug in   i  can't  get the  attachment to down load

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2015, 04:47:28 pm »
It's very appreciated, thanks Spitfire for your hard work. Just downloaded it.

Are you okay there, systemshock? Did you get the download? If not let me know.

raybe

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2015, 07:13:08 pm »
I sent it to you yesterday SS...did you get it?

Is your AV software maybe preventing certain types of file extensions from downloading?

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

systemshock

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2015, 11:36:19 pm »
sorry art still no  joy so Art  am using  chrome  and  fire fox ,internet exporer  does not  show  this up.

systemshock

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2016, 01:21:40 pm »
shiny manage to get it  and am going to be  all over it  like rash in bit