Author Topic: Need help with Translation  (Read 9688 times)

Arakus

• View Profile
Need help with Translation
« on: July 02, 2005, 01:52:14 am »
Someone on the forum emailed me this question, they tried in English and I couldn't understand, I asked them to post the question here in there language to see if someone could translate in to English, but they didn't understand and therefore resent it in their language, my guess is it's Turkish. If someone could please translate it for me.

-------------------------------------------------------------
merhaba tekrar..!Öncelikle ilgin için çok teþekkürler...!
Ýngilizce derdimi anlatamadýðým için özür dilerim.
yardýmýný istediðim konu þudur;
-ben 3ds;poser,mdl gibi formatlarda çalýþtýðým modelleri htr(haptek)dosyasý haline dönüþtürebilmek istiyorum..Bunun için bana önerebileceðin bir program var mý acaba?
yardýmcý olursan çok sevinirim
tekrar teþekkürler..
--------------------------------------------------------------

I've tried Translation web pages and software to no avail. Thank You in advance to anyone that can help me with this.
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

vonsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 02:37:00 pm »
Arakus,
Of course the special characters didn't display on the forum. However this language is Turkish. I don't know of any web based translation pages.

=vonsmith=

Arakus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 07:39:31 pm »
Thank you Von, do yuo read-speak turkish?  if so may I forward the email to you for translation? if not do you know of anyone that could translate it for me? thanks in advance.

Darius

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 09:51:26 am »
just thinking, If nobody knows turkish, ask that guy to use another language, like french, maybe is more familiar with french and there are a lot of translation services free for french.

Arakus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005, 07:48:44 pm »
Darius, I wish it were that simple, but I don't think that bugrasergen understands anything but Turkish, this was his original email to me:
"hello ARAKUS;first thanks for beautiful work..!
to request from you:
_3DS order poser(cr2) order,other model format;convert "Haptek htr model file" feasibility?
of this what converter order software necessary??
me helper you?
Thanks
"
I replied with:
"Hello,
You're welcome, I'm not sure if I  uderstand your question, if you are asking how to convert the .htr to .obj or .3ds as far as I know it's not possible, the software I have I purchased from Haptek, and all it does is converts .obj to .htr. I wish I spoke other languages, but I only speak English, maybe you can post the question on Zabaware forum in your language and ask for someone to translate. Hope this helps."
and as you see above he replied to my email in Turkish.

FuzzieDice

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2005, 03:43:30 am »
I have some interest in linguistics so I decided to try and see if I can translate...

hello again...! Priority interest for a lot thanks.
I apologize English grief for the ?anlatamadýðým?
Help want subject ?þudur?
-?ben? 3ds;poser,mdl like ?formatlarda? work the models htr(haptek)
file to condition ?dönüþ türe bilmek? (turn law know) I want..
This for me propose one program there ?mý? ?acaba? ?
Helper and you become a lot I am pleased
Again Thanks..

More useful english:

Hello again...! First I want to say thanks a lot.
I apologize if my English gives you grief.
I want help with my computer.
I want to know if 3ds, poser, mdl and like model formats work with the htr (haptek) files.
I'd be pleased if there is a program that can do this for me.
I'm glad you are a lot of help.
Again thanks..

Basically, he wants to know if you can convert 3ds, poser, mdl model file formats to work with haptek htr files.

If yes, you could say:

"Yes, you can do this using (English name of program here and link to site). This program will do what you need. I apologize I am hard to understand. I do not know your language. Someone translated for me."

In Turkish:

Evet, sýz bu yapabýlýrsýnýz kullan (English name of program here and link to site). Bu proðram sýz ne ýhtýyaciniz var ýse yapacak. Ben özür dýlerým eðer ben anlamak sertým. Ben sýzýn lýsani býlmýyorum. Býrýsý beným ýçýn tercüme ettý.

If no, then you could say:

"I apologize. I do not know how to do what you are asking. The file formats are very different. You may not be able to convert them. You may try searching the internet to find your answer. I apologize I am hard to understand. I do not know your language. Someone translated for me."

In Turkish:

Ben özür dýlerým. Ben býlmýyorum nasil yap sýz ne soruyorsunuz dýye. Dosya formatlarda çok farkli. Sýz mayis olmaz güçlü deðýþtýr onlar. Sýz mayis uðraþ araþtir ýnternet bulmak ýçýn sýzýn cevap. Ben özür dýlerým eðer ben anlamak sertým. Ben sýzýn lýsani býlmýyorum. Býrýsý beným ýçýn tercüme ettý.

I used a free program called "Turing Translator" found here to translate back and forth in small logical chunks. Took awhile. :)

http://www.ingtur.com/download.php

And yes, the forum does seem to keep the characters intact so you should be able to cut and paste, hopefully. :)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2005, 03:49:27 am by FuzzieDice »

Arakus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2005, 04:35:02 am »
FuzzieDice, Thank You so much, for the translation, your time and the program link, I wish I had the youth, time and patience to learn a few additional languages, but I don't. To show my appreciation how's about free access to my Members section?
My Members Section

If you're interested send me an email with your requested Username & Password and I'll set it up.

Maviarab

• View Profile
    • http://3d-fantasyportraits.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2005, 10:04:43 am »
For future referance for anyone intyerested.

Try this site....its free to use but only so many time per day.

Will translate terxt or whole web sites pages.

http://www.systranbox.com/
AIDreams...The new home of the Digital Girl

www.aidreams.co.uk

FuzzieDice

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2005, 12:27:20 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Arakus

FuzzieDice, Thank You so much, for the translation, your time and the program link, I wish I had the youth, time and patience to learn a few additional languages, but I don't. To show my appreciation how's about free access to my Members section?
My Members Section

If you're interested send me an email with your requested Username & Password and I'll set it up.

No problem on the translation. I just hope the resulting Turkish is understandable. :)

As for the members section offer, that's a generous offer, as your characters look so life-like. Unfortunately, I don't go for "girl" characters so I'll have to pass. But thanks anyway, and good luck with the translation. :)

Arakus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2005, 06:21:46 am »
FuzzieDice,
The Girls aren't my creation, they belong to Haptek, my creations are the accessories for them,necklaces, ear rings, glasses etc., if you use Haptek characters and would like male oriented accessories let me know what you're interested in and I'll see what I can create. I did do a couple tho that could be used with male characters, the Harley and the $ necklace, which are in my free section.

FuzzieDice

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2005, 09:35:41 pm »
Thanks. :) I'm not really into the haptek characters at this point though some day I might want to definitely look into it. Right now, my use is basically two things: an AI for my car (which the car is the "character" really, so I don't need an actual character as I won't be seeing it on the screen while I'm driving and he's assisting me anyway :) ) and also vox displays for KITT and KARR AIs I'm trying to replicate.

I'm saving money for things I need so I won't be getting People Putty anytime soon. I also want to be sure to get Ultra Hal Assistant 6 upgrade when it's in final release.

So much I love/want so little money sometimes. :/

vonsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2005, 12:33:04 pm »
Arakus,
I now have access to someone who speaks fluent Turkish and English. If you really need a translation in the future you could email me the Turkish text, hopefully with special characters intact. My friend is willing to translate on an occasional basis.

=vonsmith=

Arakus

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2005, 02:58:09 am »
Thank You Vonsmith,
fortunately I haven't had any further need for translations, but I appreciated your offer very much, please tell your friend thank you as well.