Author Topic: Something I'd like to see in HAL  (Read 2646 times)

onthecuttingedge2005

Something I'd like to see in HAL
« on: January 19, 2006, 01:06:20 am »
Hi Rob.

1.Something that would be kind of neat would be an option in the HAL Editor that has Auto code insertion, Like If I begin to type in
a function like If, the Editor would auto insert the f as soon as I was typed. but only as an editor option, [Auto-Insert] button.

2.A panel list with all the VBscript functions to play with and boolean help when hovering over the code within the panel, Something like this would increase the learning curve of beginners.

3.I think upgrading the Editor to an Advanced level would be just as valuable, Maybe you could package up a more Advanced Level Editor as
an additional plug-in package.

An Editor that even Normal VBscripters would knock down the doors for.

I am drooling.
Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 01:07:49 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 11:49:59 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by onthecuttingedge2005

Hi Rob.

1.Something that would be kind of neat would be an option in the HAL Editor that has Auto code insertion, Like If I begin to type in
a function like If, the Editor would auto insert the f as soon as I was typed. but only as an editor option, [Auto-Insert] button.

2.A panel list with all the VBscript functions to play with and boolean help when hovering over the code within the panel, Something like this would increase the learning curve of beginners.

3.I think upgrading the Editor to an Advanced level would be just as valuable, Maybe you could package up a more Advanced Level Editor as

I am drooling.
Jerry[8D]

Thanks for the suggestion. This is something I'll strongly consider doing when working on the next version of the Hal Brain Editor. I'll be working on a minor update for the Hal Brain Editor to make it compatible with the upcoming Ultra Hal Representative release.

The Hal Brain Editor does currently have some limited auto-insert capability. It should pop up syntax help while you are typing when you use some basic VBScript functions like InStr. If you type in "HalBrain." or "WN." right when you type the dot a member-list auto completion window will pop up showing all of the functions contained in those objects as well as the syntax for each function. Is this feature working correctly for you? I remember having some issues with the window not always popping up when it should.
Robert Medeksza

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 06:10:26 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Medeksza

quote:
Originally posted by onthecuttingedge2005

Hi Rob.

I am drooling.
Jerry[8D]

Thanks for the suggestion. This is something I'll strongly consider doing when working on the next version of the Hal Brain Editor. I'll be working on a minor update for the Hal Brain Editor to make it compatible with the upcoming Ultra Hal Representative release.

The Hal Brain Editor does currently have some limited auto-insert capability. It should pop up syntax help while you are typing when you use some basic VBScript functions like InStr. If you type in "HalBrain." or "WN." right when you type the dot a member-list auto completion window will pop up showing all of the functions contained in those objects as well as the syntax for each function. Is this feature working correctly for you? I remember having some issues with the window not always popping up when it should.

Thanks Rob.
I never noticed that before, It's Sweet!

Jerry[8D]