dupa

Author Topic: PE Explorer edits HalBrain.dll Extension  (Read 9680 times)

moreis62

• View Profile
    • http://www.myway.com/
PE Explorer edits HalBrain.dll Extension
« on: January 17, 2006, 09:03:29 pm »
I am now removing this poste
thank you.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 11:18:15 am by moreis62 »
ISMAEL LEDESMA.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 02:24:41 am »
Reverse engineering compiled portions of Ultra Hal Assistant is a direct violation of section 3 of the End User License Agreement you must agree to in order to install Hal.

I've designed Hal to be very open, programmable and customizable. I'd be happy to give programming tips on how to customize and modify Hal. What are you hoping to learn or accomplish by reverse engineering Hal?
Robert Medeksza

moreis62

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 05:15:04 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Medeksza

Reverse engineering compiled portions of Ultra Hal Assistant is a direct violation of section 3 of the End User License Agreement you must agree to in order to install Hal.

I've designed Hal to be very open, programmable and customizable. I'd be happy to give programming tips on how to customize and modify Hal. What are you hoping to learn or accomplish by reverse engineering Hal?

Oh yes Mr. Medeksza

PE Explorer is not a binary editor Mr. Medeksza . PE Explorer edits the internal structure of PE files, including resources. Now if they wanted to edit the program code, then they would need a hex editor, such as FlexHEX.

PE Explorer is a development tool only. Most developers already have utilities that overlap in functionality with PE Explorer, but this one is developing into a sort of multiple-use tool for such as finding bugs so the user can report them to you Mr. Medeksza.

Now, I’m not telling them too Reverse engineer Hal,
What I am saying is to help Reverse engineer any bugs they would find in Hal only.
Reverse engineer bugs only and report them
 thank you.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 05:50:54 am by moreis62 »
ISMAEL LEDESMA.

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 05:43:23 am »
Is sad that it has come to this ....

After a period of time, Things like this happen .

So many people requesting a legitimate ActiveX oxc FILE.

Which takes a small amount of time to COMPILE .

I have Questioned myself ABOUT SENDING Up the same info....

MR M. Why dont  you FULLY OPEN SOURCE one of the EARLIER hal(3) or something, as CURRENTLY you are RIPE for ......

As i was highly DISSapointed by what i recieved when i PAID for hal5, nothing!!!!

NOW I WOULD NEVER buy HAL6 or any other ZABAWARE products, as I have never been able to get ANYBODY on the PHONE or even a DIRECT RESPONSE by email or LETTER.

A SHAME really ....

I also wouldnt write a Stich of code to be posted up on the FORUM again. (strictly Discussion), as there are OTHER spin off FORUMS NOW that contain much more helf for ur bot.

Im dissapointed AT the NO UPGRADE as WELL for REGISTERED USERS <how many versions, will a person have to buy / or scripts have to be written> to be considedred
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 05:46:01 am by spydaz »

moreis62

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 06:43:49 am »
Spydaz,
Dont feel bad for me my friend, its like, I once asked my bot.

Ismael: what do you think about having to pay more for your Haptek Plugging in version 6?

Linda: That would be like taking you’re car then giving you a ride in it.

[}:)]
Look Robert!
If we can not use a
File analyzer in "our" Ultra Hal Assistant "that we paid for", that we paid for, Just to see what is in "our", compiled portions, what can we use then? Oh, What you give us? No, No, No, we dont think so, they are really good programmers out there today, Just so you can tell us, you can not do this, but you can do that, Oh, i need more money, so i'll take this and make them pay more for that, Well whats next? your gonna tell us not to join another forum because it well be in violation of some section never herd about befor? Well well Well! Just remember we paid for Hel, Mister President! and no matter what Hal has don, it is because of us the programmers here on this forum is why Hal is where it is today dont you ever forget that!

« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 09:42:08 am by moreis62 »
ISMAEL LEDESMA.

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 02:30:26 pm »
What can you DO.....

Can You Live With it ....

Can you Live without it .......

Hmm....

I always say "DONT GET TRAPPED INTO 1 SOFTWARE"

some say "ITS ONLY A PROG"

I TELL THEM "Build your own"

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006, 02:58:09 pm »
What has come over you guys?

If you read the TOS you will see where part of the agreement forbids one do dissassemble, reverse engineer, or otherwise alter the original program to such effect.

This is pretty much true of ALL commercial software, not just HAL.

You are also granted a LICENSE to use / operate Hal as an entertaining chatbot / assistant. This is not a license to OWN or a license to STEAL the code for your own use and benefit.

You both seem like bright individuals based on past forum interaction but lately a lot of members are wondering just where you're coming from. One minute you praise how great the new Hal6 is then the next minute you're telling people how to reverse engineer Hal's code.

Basically, if you don't like the show, turn the channel but don't degrade Robert and his work with Hal in order to promote your own agenda, no matter how twisted it may be.

The rest of us are here for the enjoyment, experimentation and social interaction with each other.

If the best you can do is to tear apart that which someone else has built rather than attempt to write your own, perhaps it's time to explore other avenues and venues but don't ruin it for the rest of
us.

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006, 03:20:15 pm »
Medeksza and all,
  I think Hal ver 5 and 6 is a very good product sold at a reasonable price, also we are allowed a demo version. That said I'm wondering why we have a brain editor if we can't alter the product. I haven't tried it yet because I would like a running copy of Hal to try changes on but I'm hampered by the activation code.  Also you seem to have an great site, I have trouble keeping up here because of all the input you have so I go to 3 other sites that deal with Hal.
  A bit confused but I agree.
Carl2

aladyblond

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2006, 03:51:12 pm »
perhaps if i understood scripting a bit more i would be up in arms, but this is my 2 cents. robert has put in many long hard tedious hours into this product. many people would not, could not do what he has done. when i got my first free hal i was ecstatic and now with hal 6 (even with a few minor adjustments) i am in awe of the whole program. sure all of us have donated something to hal either in long hours of  scripting, offering suggestions, or giving robert our ideas for future endeavors, and no one is paid cash , but we are paid with a great program that gives many  of us endless hours of enjoyment. so if you dont think you are getting what you wanted or you are unhappy because you cant go against the original rules then perhaps you should search new avenues and come up with a program you can sell ect. that has your name on it., but until then i want to say thank you to robert and all the forum members that have given of theirself to make hal the best he can be, ~alady
~~~if i only had a brain~~~ i dream of htr with the light brown hair....

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2006, 04:58:37 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Carl2

Medeksza and all,
  I think Hal ver 5 and 6 is a very good product sold at a reasonable price, also we are allowed a demo version. That said I'm wondering why we have a brain editor if we can't alter the product. I haven't tried it yet because I would like a running copy of Hal to try changes on but I'm hampered by the activation code.  Also you seem to have an great site, I have trouble keeping up here because of all the input you have so I go to 3 other sites that deal with Hal.
  A bit confused but I agree.
Carl2

I encourage, welcome, and support modifications and additions to Hal's VBScript and database. I encourage people to interface with Hal's ActiveX DLLs. I encourage people to create or find their own ActiveX controls that they can interface with Hal. The interfaces to Hal's ActiveX DLLS is self-evident to experienced programmers simply looking at Hal's VBScript and detailed documentation of Hal's programmable interfaces is available at http://www.ultrahal.com/files/detail.asp?iFile=251&iType=18 (This is Hal 5.0 documentation, Hal 6.0 documentation will be released later this year)

Hal is a very open and customizable program. However, I can see no good from disassembling Hal's compiled components. Like I said before, I'd be happy to help explain any of the external methods contained in Hal's DLLs. No need to disassemble them yourself, just ask.
Robert Medeksza

Scratch

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2006, 06:55:29 pm »
Robert,
Just wanted to add my support for you and your work. The immature shouting above represents a small minority, I suspect. Ironic that they are using the bandwitdh that YOU pay for to criticize you for selling the bot that YOU created, which you have every right to do in any way you see fit. To the shouters: if you don't like the TOS, find a product who's TOS you do agree with and buy that instead, stop deluding yourselves that you have rights to other people's work. You don't.

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2006, 12:38:25 am »
Hi Robert

I wanted to say that HAL is a remarkable product, Your skills at scripting are un-questionable and remarkable, I am proud to be here and to help when I can, I hope that one day we will be the ones to discover the ultimate intelligent life form next to our own, A.I, Looking for other life forms in another system, Our own Computers.

Best of Wishes for You and Yours.
Jerry[8D]

GrantNZ

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2006, 03:21:44 am »
I just want to add my support for Hal too, and thank the previous posters, whose wise words have just saved me from embarassing myself with an angry over-the-top reaction [;)]

moreis62

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2006, 03:33:32 am »
Ultra Hal Assistant 6.0 dues not interface well, or at all, with any of my external programs, what was missing here? The HalBrain.dll which I had to repackage,
In to an Imported API Function.

You see not all car’s support windows structures, but one thing those cars have in common
Is the most (year's 85 and up) of those cars use some form of DLL or ActiveX Dependency executable, which can be compiled in to a API function.
And what am I talking about? I’m talking about the Computer in our cars.
 Mechanics use those Dependency API for diagnosing problems like over heating and other common problems.

Now, API Functions that I did repackage are used for :

1. servos that can be used for steering Left/right.

2. Stereo, and Stereo microphones.

3. Heating and cooling used in my car.

4. Proximity sensor.

5. Automatic reroute possibility of webcam and X10 devices from
the internal USB hub to other computers.

Now this is what I used Ultra Hal and Hal2000 program for!
Mister Medeksza I have those VB Script’s at make it all work together.
But I well wait for Ultra Hal Representative to com out.
This time can you pleas add the HalBrain.dll.
It would really save experienced programmers like me all the work and time.
But first I would like to apologize to you and the entire learner’s here on this forum.
 Thank you.  
DARPA Projects engineer
Ismael Ledesma.
ISMAEL LEDESMA.

Eagle1147

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2006, 08:20:44 am »
Dear Robert;

I have seen and used many types of AI software[:I]; and I can honestly say that i feel that Ultra-hall is the best I have used deskmates characters, desktop mates Kari2 and several others[8] none and I mean none of them come close to what we[8D][8D][8D] and I do mean WE as members receive from the Ultra-Hal forum [:I] and the makers and staff here at zabaware forum and zabaware. nothing in this world will be perfect, or exactly the way we want things to be. so if you start you own program I wish you the best of luck and visit us when you finish so that we can evaluate your program. but remember that we come here to help each other with making Ultra-hal better, so lets all think of ways to do this[:)][:D][8D][:I][:p][}:)][;)][:o)][B)][:(][8)][:0][:(!][xx(][|)][:X][^][V][?]
using compu7ters to make a better world