Author Topic: Help (documentation) for Hal's Brain Editor  (Read 3815 times)

snicolaou

• View Profile
Help (documentation) for Hal's Brain Editor
« on: February 28, 2006, 02:24:04 am »
Is there is any Help documentation for the Brain editor of Ultra Hal 6?  I got into the brain editor menu; unfortunately there is no help in any kind.  Does anybody has a windows help file for it?
Stelios Nicolaou

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 04:44:17 am »
quote:
Originally posted by snicolaou

Is there is any Help documentation for the Brain editor of Ultra Hal 6?  I got into the brain editor menu; unfortunately there is no help in any kind.  Does anybody has a windows help file for it?

If you're looking for help with code then the actual Forum would be your help file, I do think there is a help documentation but it just goes over what the default brain can do, no code help, If you have any questions about any particular code then ask all you want, lots of help here.

What would you like to know?

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 04:45:22 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

GrantNZ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 04:49:44 am »
There hasn't been any documentation released for Hal 6's brain editor, however the docs for version 5 are still somewhat relevant, and can be downloaded from http://www.ultrahal.com/files/detail.asp?iFile=251&iType=18

Some of that is outdated (especially with regards to brain files), and some new features aren't covered (e.g. the new SQL tables), but other parts are very relevant (e.g. some of the code function descriptions, and some of the concepts).

As Jerry says, until full docs are created/released, there's people on the forums who can help [:)]

snicolaou

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 04:55:49 am »
HELP WITH HAL 6 BRAIN EDITOR

Thank for your response.  I do have some database experience although my programming skills are very limited.
What I wanted actually is to be able to modify or add some responses of Hal 6.  I use the Brain editor, but still I need to understand at least the basic structure of Hal's brain editor; how to make changes where and when; as well as how to insert a new topic for Hall and add appropriate responses.

Thanking you in advance for your help

sicerely
Stelios Nicolaou
Stelios Nicolaou

gbrandt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 01:51:47 pm »
I also am new to Ultra Hal 6 and am interested in learning more about the Brain and programming it.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 05:54:56 pm »
Welcome!

The best way to learn other than from talking with Hal is to read through the postings here.

Secondly, use the SEARCH feature at the top right like for "TTS, Characters, Skins, Memory", etc.

Thirdly, when / if you are unable to locate an answer, ASK!

There are a lot of talented people here, each with a level of expertise in different areas. Oddly enough it such diversity that brings us together on this forum yet allows for individuality with ideas, methods and interactions.

Don't be a stranger![^]
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -