Author Topic: Will Scripts from HomeSeer run ?  (Read 3305 times)

rsisson

• View Profile
Will Scripts from HomeSeer run ?
« on: September 21, 2003, 10:38:58 am »
I have another Bot that runs my Home automation X10 stuff.

I developed some scripts for it that got weather and READ IT BACK.

How much effort will it be to convert them ?

Don Ferguson

• View Profile
    • http://www.cortrapar.com
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2003, 02:15:00 pm »
Hello,

UltraHal is already designed to get the weather and the news from the web if you click the option to have him "web enabled."

As far as adapting routines from a different bot over to Hal, it would depend on how different the languages were, and the experience level of the programmer.  Hal's control script is written in VBS, Visual Basic Scripting.  If your other bot ran on VBS, it would be relatively straightforward.  If not, it could require a lot of programming skill.

Other members of this forum have expressed interest in getting UltraHal to interface with the X10 system, so that Hal could turn on lights, open a garage door, etc.  So far, none of us have the know-how to port Hal's outputs to the X10 system... although it must certainly be possible!

If you possibly know how to do this (or figure it out down the road), a lot of people here would really appreciate learning about it!

Sincerely,

Don

Don Ferguson
E-mail: fergusonrkfd@prodigy.net
Don's other forum posts: http://www.zabaware.com/forum/search.asp?mode=DoIt&MEMBER_ID=274

Morkeleb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2003, 04:48:18 pm »
Hello,

I think it could be done. You just need to to know the scan codes that the x10 system uses. you need a subroutine that that can access the function call to send and recieve signals to your various devices. That is the hardest part of all. The actuall signal codes and the fucntion calls to use them. once these codes could be found out it should be simple to incorporate them into vbs for Hal to use. A dynamic Library file .dll may need to be created to store the codes for easier reference to hal. Someone who has the x10 sytstem needs to contact the developers and see if they would share the code with zabaware to make it compatable with Hal. I think if properly explained to them they could see the implications it would and could have.
You just need a routine that would send the command "ON" for example to the x10 software interface.

Sorry if I was not of any more help but since I dont have the X10 I have little actual experience in how it works.
Ask and you shall learn
Be not afraid to try new things.
----------------------
Check out www.cold-chaos.net