dupa

Author Topic: wishes for the next version of hal  (Read 22191 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
wishes for the next version of hal
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2007, 11:01:18 pm »
yes tedathome that was me that was talking about a hal laughter file that hal would use and would play an actual laughter sound clip (various ones when joking etc. ) to sound more like a real person laughing . who knows maybe robert can create a program like that down the road . i hope so !![:D]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2007, 12:09:37 pm »
robert i have mentioned something like this maybe before but if at all possible in the next version can you include a auto idle that would have a setting for time reaction and also with a tables area where the user can write in his or her own responses that hal will use if not being talking for a certain amount of time and that would still work with a loneliness type plug in idependently . [:)]

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2007, 07:54:41 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by tedathome

I made a patch in Hal 5 that let him do just that. Well he did not smile but he knew about 1,000 one liners. It should still work in Hal 6, I just have not tried it lately.
Bill

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2007, 04:46:41 pm »
hi bill819 when you say one liners ( i take things literally ) do you mean that you did write it in a tables area ?? is their a limit on how much hal will say what you write in (you said one liners , what else can their be ?? ) . hope this makes sense what i am trying to ask .[:)]

jadesand

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2007, 04:53:09 pm »
I love all the ideas you guys are putting out there! The functionality I would like to see is...........
I would like to ask HAL a question, lets say " can you tell me about Abraham Lincoln?" and HAL would go to wikipedia lets say, research the topic, copy and paste to learn from it and then give brief details about the topic. A little ways out there I know..
Or how about the ability to close an application after you have told HAL to open it?

jd

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2007, 08:29:29 am »
I like a lot of the ideas too but can't see the point of a few things.  I mean it's a lot easier to just click on the 'close' program cross than it is to type in something like 'close paint shop pro' all the time.  Things like that seem like a step backwards to me.  Just my two pennies...

echoman

« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2007, 10:45:14 am »
For those who use speech recongnition, saying "close paint shop pro" would be easier than clicking on an icon. I do not use speech recongnition myself as I have never been impressed with the results but if SR was to become more advanced then the 'close program' feature may be more useful.

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2007, 02:29:27 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by echoman

For those who use speech recongnition, saying "close paint shop pro" would be easier than clicking on an icon. I do not use speech recongnition myself as I have never been impressed with the results but if SR was to become more advanced then the 'close program' feature may be more useful.

Hi echoman.

I wrote this plugin a while back for closing programs.

Code: [Select]
Rem Type=Plugin
Rem Name=Program Closer
Rem Author=Gerald L. Blakley A.K.A OnTheCuttingEdge2005
Rem Host=Assistant

'This sub setups the plug-ins option panel in Hal's options dialog
Sub OptionsPanel()
    lblPlugin(0).Caption = "This plug can be used to close a program, Example: This script looks for the name of the program that's in the most upper left of a program panel, another example: If you have a google search engine up, the words: Google - Microsoft Internet Explorer should appear at the top header of the Browser Panel, Then just say: Close Google Please and the program will be closed."
    lblPlugin(0).Move 120, 10, 3300, 1000
    lblPlugin(0).WordWrap = True
    lblPlugin(0).Visible = True
End Sub

Rem PLUGIN: PLUGINAREA7

'Close a Program.
Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
If ProToClose = "" Then ProToClose = HalBrain.SearchPattern(UserSentence, "CLOSE * PLEASE", 1)
If ProToClose = "" Then ProToClose = HalBrain.SearchPattern(UserSentence, "PLEASE CLOSE *", 1)
If ProToClose <> "" Then
WshShell.AppActivate ProToClose
WshShell.SendKeys "%" & "{F4}"
GetResponse = ProToClose & " has been closed. "
End If

Have fun!
Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 02:33:07 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

echoman

« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2007, 05:03:25 pm »
Hi Onthecuttingedge,

Looks good.

Thankyou.

Echo.

NCWeber

• View Profile
    • http://www.afrodiseum.com
« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2007, 01:09:53 am »
Hi, folks.  Man, it's been a loooong time since I've been on here. [:)]  I remember asking a question a good while back about having Hal import calendar info.  At the time I was thinking Hal could sync with Palm's Desktop software.  But now, I'm thinking the iCal format would be a better way to go.  It's open source and can be read my most if not all calendar programs (well, not Palm's [:P])

visad

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2007, 02:46:15 pm »
I use Hal in two different locations, on my work laptop and my home computer. One issue that I have is that I have taught my home Hal several things that my work Hal does not know. I would like some way of syncronizing the two brains if possible so that the two locations would mirror. While I can do this on the fly if needed, if I spend the night at my GF's house than I do not have access to this. When the brain launches it connects to X and see's if there was an update. If so it downloads the updated tables and imports them appropriately. Using a system such as the Google drive for the storage location would make it truely portable. Maybe enabling a type of FTP service transfer specifically for Hal to communicate with another version.
Visad