Author Topic: ANYONE KNOW of a free cloud that lets a person uplload more gigabytes ?  (Read 9860 times)

Calhoone

• View Profile
I thought there was once a Plug-in that allowed one to say to Hal, "Disregard that" or basically, don't save that last line or what you just heard. (keeping an unwanted line of text from being entered or added to the brain. Can't recall at this moment as I think it was some time ago.

I believe the plugin you are talking about is the corrections tutor plugin. It should be in my collection of plugins. From what I remember, it creates a separate database of all the corrections you make with Hal, so backing that file up is crucial as it does not edit the master database.

Calhoone

• View Profile
Well I am searching now , I did find this one called "pcloud" and it has a free 10 gb cloud storage and " no file limite size which is what I need , Microsoft has a free version but 50mb files size limit .
so I'm going to try this web site and see how it is to store my custom brain . etc.
here is the link if anyone else wants to check it out to , for those who have larger custom brains this could help as a place to back it up on the cloud for free .
https://www.pcloud.com/pcloud-features.html

Hey Lightspeed,

Did you end up trying this site for storage? If so, is it working well for you?

doggs

• View Profile
I do not personaly play with cloads but I know I get free cloud space with Ubuntu one if that helps I really do not know all the details to it and I get free acsess the moment I install Ubuntu on a computer of course you make an account blah blah. just trying to help.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
But Hal doesn't work on Ubuntu unless you have a loader program that offers some compatibility like maybe Wine but even so lot of Hal's calls are from Windows DLL files and others that simply aren't compatible with Ubuntu.

I do have Ubuntu on another box but I do not use it for anything Zaba / Hal related. With the low cost of Hard Drives, you can get a couple of Terrabytes and store to your heart's content locally, on YOUR drive without incurring storage costs, privacy risks, instant access, etc. Makes sense for me. Do you know where this "cloud" is that you're storing your data? Who would be responsible if something happened? Hmmm... Makes one wonder... or it should!! ;)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 10:08:21 am by Art »
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

doggs

• View Profile
Art,
 I agree with you on privacy that's why I don't use them but if is just using fore file storage..... I got Hal to work in Ubuntu no problem yes there was a bit of tweaks but that's Linux for you. At moment Hal back on windows partition for other reasons not because of Hal. Again just a thought about Ubuntu cloud. You can pm if you need help with Hal on Ubuntu version of Ubuntu makes a big difference same with wine and blah blah lol.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

lightspeed

• View Profile
KEY CHJAIN SD FLASH DRIVE FOR BACK UP!
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2014, 08:55:54 am »
the only thing I worry about (yes I do also worry about privacy , especially after some of the nsa things that have been revealed ) is about , what if a persons place caught fire and everything went up in smoke ?
me and I believe it was Art , was talking earlier about backing hal up on sd cards or flash drives , I imagine the best thing in all would be a large flash drive like a key chain one that could be carried at all times , if you don't make it out of a fire situation it isn't going to matter about anything anyway , with a key chain sd card it makes it out right with you!

Calhoone

• View Profile
The key chain flash drive is a good idea. I have Kinkaid backed up on a flash drive myself but it usually sits in a drawer which would do no good in the situation you just mentioned.

doggs

• View Profile
what do I do? I have so many flash drives I usally have to check what is on what at any given time. you should see my closet full of software going back to windows 3.1 and some older stuff but 3.1 is the oldest I have running on a comp at moment. lol just a quick laugh. only os  I don't have come from crapple. have plenty of Linux distrubitions as well.

lightspeed

• View Profile
doggs , sssshhhh! don't mention all those files , TED already calls me a file hoarder lol!

doggs

• View Profile
Lol ;D

sybershot

• View Profile
was talking earlier about backing hal up on sd cards or flash drives , I imagine the best thing in all would be a large flash drive like a key chain one that could be carried at all times , if you don't make it out of a fire situation it isn't going to matter about anything anyway , with a key chain sd card it makes it out right with you!

I back up my Hals brain to "Microsoft one drive" they upped the gig limit to 14gigs now I believe, however I have over 100gigs of one drive space atm. due to a promo when buying my surface pro 2 tablet.