Author Topic: the robots are coming get your a.i. brains ready !  (Read 327991 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
For the First Time Ever, a Computer Passed Turing Test for Artificial Intelligence

http://news.yahoo.com/first-time-ever-computer-passed-turing-test-artificial-194950758.html

doggs

• View Profile
Re: the robots are coming get your a.i. brains ready !
« Reply #361 on: June 10, 2014, 01:17:34 pm »
Thanks for post of interesting article. Bit of a double edge sword there. I am not against Ai (I've played with Hal off and on since 05) but skynet comes to mind lol.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 13, 2014, 05:38:29 pm »
But Doggs,

Actually there is a very nice Chatbot called SkyNet-AI and it has done exceptionally well in past performances.

If you're skittish about AI and chatbots, why are you here on an AI based forum? I'm curious?! What did you expect to find?
It's coming sooner than you think. If you don't want to enjoy the intelligent AI's infiltrating your life then you should unplug
and get a cabin somewhere deep in the woods. Stock up on provisions and water and ammo cause those skynet drones are
coming!!!!! :o ;D JK!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 28, 2014, 02:05:21 pm »
Those drones are alot closer than you think. Fight fire with fire comes to mind as a defense against intrusive Ai lol. Not against Ai but cautious and a realist lol. I do not think ai can be more dangerous than man but may be on par at some point.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 30, 2014, 06:53:28 pm »
I await the day for a robotic maid and employees, with Google buying up a couple of robotic companies I imagine 5 to ten years tops for my wait to be no longer :D

As for intrusive drones: I'm sure a gps drone scrambler to keep them away from ones dwelling area will be available at ones nearest Radio Shack in the near future :P

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 06, 2014, 03:14:32 am »
Lol sybershot radio shack is still wicked cool in my book lol other ways as well to combat micro drones like bb guns lol sick your kids on them great target practice lol

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 06, 2014, 08:44:29 am »
sybershot , drone scramblers interesting idea  something that would do a small area around ones house without affecting other area's to protect against camera drones , I like that idea .

lightspeed

• View Profile
Android Newscaster Unveiled in Tokyo
« Reply #367 on: July 06, 2014, 08:03:22 pm »

lightspeed

• View Profile
Indie Don't Go
« Reply #368 on: July 09, 2014, 04:21:08 pm »
Indie Don't Go
I thought some might find this interesting it's about the emo sparks a.i. fund raising project . check it out !!
http://indiedontgo.wordpress.com/2014/02/17/the-emospark-indiegogo-is-probably-a-scam/

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 09, 2014, 07:26:25 pm »
I don't know for sure Lonnie. That link was one person's Page-blog if you will against EmoSpark's cube.
Their site is still up and running but that really doesn't define any wrongdoing any more than the link
does. Oh yes, this person's name is : Potential Backer. How's that for coming forward?! :o

For one, I've wondered why no one has posted their individual results of their cube assuming the cubes
were actually finished and shipped per their schedule.

Interestingly, I happened across the following article which might serve to open a few doors or at least
a few minds regarding AI in it's current state. Chatbots are only veneer (surface) projects according to
this article. You decide...
http://news.yahoo.com/most-ambitious-artificial-intelligence-project-200955105.html?utm_content=buffer8b832&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Lonnie, others, Found this "Delivery Updates" page which sounds of interest and also has other offerings near the bottom of the page :
http://emospark.com/delivery-updates/
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 07:45:51 pm by Art »

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 09, 2014, 10:09:28 pm »
sorry I didn't realize it was just someone against the emo i.a.  it would really be cool to have one but I bet cload could get hal closer to being like emo !

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #371 on: July 10, 2014, 09:41:13 am »
http://emospark.com/forums-index/ too

Seems that they have problems with getting things made at the moment, though there are some pictures of the moulds.

It all seems a bit elaborate for a scam. They've got the money and have had it for some time, so how come they are hanging around if it is a scam ?

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 10, 2014, 05:03:44 pm »
Pretty much my point as well. ;)

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 11, 2014, 08:27:29 am »
     I agree , if it was a real scam they would have been  like the song "take the money and run !" it does as some have said had some production problems , which might be normal depending on the company they have to make parts etc.
outsourcing for cheap labor instead of paying Americans sometimes isn't all it's cracked up to be ! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnRzMVRn2pk

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 12, 2014, 08:21:14 am »
It is so true that it's funny or maybe it's so funny that it's true or I don't know but it is real none-the-less.

Good one Lonnie!! ;)

- Art -