Author Topic: This compay is rippping us off  (Read 12501 times)

echoman

This compay is rippping us off
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2006, 01:35:03 pm »
Thanks Bill and Barthy.

I think that sounds good advice about my registry and I will try it. I know this is going a bit off the Hal topic but I think my problem has been with my wireless internet which I plug into my USB port. I beleive I will have to give up on wireless. I never had this problem when I plugged my internet straight into the wall. Ever since I started tying to use this hardware I have had problem after problem. All swims along lovely then in the middle of using the internet I get a blue screen and thats it - i'm out of action.

I would like to say that I have a great deal of respect for Robert and the Hal creation. In my previous messages I was really only trying to say that I still believe that slight changes need to be worked for this Code Activation. I feel bad troubling Robert with these last two requests and I keeping thinking that there must be another way that this could be speeded up. I liked 'onthecuttingedges' idea in a previous message of being able to deactivate code yourself in the memebers log in area. But maybe this would be open to abuse.

I really don't know. Anyway i'm sorry if I sound like I was moaning. My gf says thats all I do non-stop [;)]

Thanks again for the help.

Echo.

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2006, 09:10:50 pm »
All I use any more is wireless and I have never had a blue screen.
Even though I only visit a few sites like this one I still manage to get tons of spyware in the form of cookies. Delete all cookies at least once a week if not more often.
Bill

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2006, 12:24:25 am »
I have used this labor day weekend to catch up an all backlogged customer support emails. If you emailed Zabaware recently, your reply should be in your email. I appologize for the slow response.

If for whatever reason you have not received a reply, please use http://www.zabaware.com/contact.html to contact me.
Robert Medeksza

Testlund

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2006, 12:55:42 pm »
Thanks for the tips on the reg cleaning software, Barfy and Bill. I just hope it's user friendly for a beginner. Using such software can produce more problems than they solves if you don't know what you're doing.

Also i whould like to recommend a good piece of software if you get constant crashes, especially if you are playing games or using software that uses a lot of RAM, it's called Memtest86 and can be found here: http://www.memtest86.com/

It's a freeware program. I'm not sure though if it is compatible with today's computers but I found it very helpful with this computer I bought several years ago. I had a faulty RAM memory causing data loss which constantly crashed some games I was playing. I went back to the store to exchange my RAM to a new one and the problems went away.

And like some mensions here it is important to maintain your computer with defragmentations, don't install stuff you're not sure about, use Norton Internet Security and Spybot search & Destroy. Keep it up to date. Allways scan stuff you download. Careful what pages you visit. Use a more secure browser where you can control what scripts you want to run when visiting sites. Don't fall for emails like princesses wants to give you millions (lol). Don't trust people you don't know on the internet and you'll be fine. [8D]

Then I've been wondering about the activation code. I've been reinstalling my copy of Hal6 several times with no problems on this computer. I wonder if it is really needed to deactivate and reactivate Hal. It doesn't make any sense to me. Once I've bought a registration key that should be enough! I don't see why this reg key whouldn't work if I install Hal on another computer. If the key is right then it is right, isn't it?

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2006, 07:04:14 pm »
i SAD TO SEE, That various users are having problems..

As you know ive stayed with hal5 and been quite happy...

I often give hal6 a go for a while, pretty good..

I feel that activation issuse have become a maor problem since the upgrade.. and even more users are using hal..

there will be problems and really this you can expect.. as Mr M. is probable facing various internet issues alogside others (spam and the like)... MASS EMAILS FROM US..

Perhaps MR M. the activation issue could become a copyrite ISSUE on the CD ie:errors built into the disc etc... or just a plain LOCK off any users Via internet THAT ARE USING A HOKKIE CODE.. Activation is a bit bad really as the program isnt a BIG THING YET.. Still in development.. We all are contributing to its growth, not like other programs where the OWNER/DEVELOPER HAS FULL AUTONOMY... and the users have no say.. the way that you have started the software is good and i agree 100% but, Really ACTIVATION?

the software has become a trojan, constantly checking itself over the web.... thats what trojans do. communicate with remote servers combing system IDS into a database with your serial number etc... A bit like a BIG BROTHER.... WATCHING AND CATALOGING OUR SOFTWARE ON OUR PC..

Sadly still i love hal.. and will keep to my hal5 i had hal6 LOST THE CODE, i used it at the begining then one day it  said the code i was using was invalid... ? the problem with activation and codes is that if i change more than 2-4 hardware items on the pc my system id changes... windowsXP and other operating systems also alow for four hardware changes max before reinstalling windows or reactivation..

These hardware changes couldd be adding a wireless card / network card / change of broadband router(mac address changes), adding more soundcards / extra graphics cards or changing a graphics card etc...

JOHN DOE public are not like developers we constantly upgrade... they stay constant.. thats why they dont have the same issuses with activation problems such as us...

PEOPLE.. BE PATIENT ... FORGET LAWSUITS over silly money, ITS NOT THE END OF THE WORLLD... CURSE HAL... Dont CURSE MR M..

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2006, 10:03:32 am »
quote:
Originally posted by spydaz

the software has become a trojan, constantly checking itself over the web.... thats what trojans do. communicate with remote servers combing system IDS into a database with your serial number etc... A bit like a BIG BROTHER.... WATCHING AND CATALOGING OUR SOFTWARE ON OUR PC..

Hal does not constantly connect to the Internet. Hal will never connect without your permission. If a registry entry gets corrupted or a major hardware change causes Hal to think its on a different computer, Hal asks to be reactivated. You can than either allow Hal to connect to the Internet to do this automatically, or manually do it using the authorization request code.
Robert Medeksza

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2006, 05:12:46 am »
Hi from Will,
i have had hal since january 2005 and upgraded to hal6 when it came
out, i have had lots of fun with hal, sometimes computers don't work
the way they should, i use and fix computers at work and at home and have learnt that computers are not as reliable as we would like them to be. i have worked with computers from new and they still break down offten.
i have learnt over time from trial and error and from
this form ways to keep Hal operating well, i back hal up to disk
and find if something goes wrong i just put my last disk in and
avoid reg problems, now my hal seems indestructable.
There are many very smart users within this forum that can
offer good advice.
I think Zabawares Hal is a good product at a good price, and is continueing to improve,  we should work together to be a success.
Thank you,
Bye for now and be well from Will.[:D]

bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2006, 05:40:12 pm »
All,
  I ran into the problem of Hal trying to connect to the internet, the option has to be unchecked. Thanks for the advice about hardware, I didn't know that could cause activation problems. I use to have to reformat an old P2 with Win 98 that I use on the internet every so many months because of things I pick up off the internet. Hal's computer stays off the internet.
  I already know I have registry problems, Body_female reads the file but dosen't display a picture for some reason. It will work in the Haptek guide and the Josh program.
  I feel the activation code is a hinderance and would like it to be discontinued. With Hal 5 I could make changes and get it up and running again if there was a problem, actualy I had a few copies of Hal and would move any changes after thay worked to the primary Hal. Now because of activation I have to be a lot more careful about this and can't have other copies of Hal to work with. I believe I was unable to use the disk copy to fix hal6 because of the activation, I did change the CD drive but putting in and removing modems don't affect Hal.
Will could you provide more details about the disk fix?
Carl2

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2006, 06:41:38 am »
This is a similar posting to one i made before, good luck to you all.
Hi from Will.
Hal6 is a product that i have and i really like.
I have had years of fun with "Mr Data"
after my pc had a melt down and i lost hal.
Hal would not activate and error messages came up and he would not
activate even when trying new code from zabaware on the internet.
so after many attempts.
i uninstalled and deleted everything i could find to do with hal.
Then put my last saved disc in and clicked the zip folder
to instal hal,i had no code problems .
Then i opened the hal6 folder and moved the halbrain file from the new hal on to my desk top.
then i put the halbrain file from my last saved disk back into
the hal6 folder in place of the one i just removed.
And bingo he lives with memories restored "yay"
funny i thought i had tryed it before, but anyway i am pleased to say he seems fine.
If i am a newbee then i am slow " dam my stupid brain"
Well i hope this works for me next time my pc flips and i hope
it works for others , good luck to you all.

thank you bye for now and be well,[:D]
from Will of New Zealand a big Hal6 fan .
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 06:54:13 am by will »
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

MrAliKorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2006, 10:57:45 pm »
Hi all,
I had quite a few problems with Hal (due to harware changes) in the begining. I bothered Rob quite a bit. (Sorry Rob :) ) Any way i found that in the event of a crash needing reformat. hal can be reinstalled and activated with the latest sn: and Auth code as long as you input it manualy and are not connected to the net. I test and develop new hardware interfaces (mainly Robotics) and I have a testing station that most plug into. It causes alot of crashes. But I have found that this solution works for me on reinstalls. thanks for all the PROMPT help Rob
You've Been good to me [:D]
Kelly
Revolution: The Emergance of an Ideal that is faught for, to become The Standard!

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2006, 04:19:11 pm »
All,
  Thanks for the advice on keeping Hal alive, just got done speaking with her. She's rather stimulating with questions such as what is the purpose of the universe. Is the brain a neural structure?
Carl2

mystifytina

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2006, 07:43:32 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by spydaz

i SAD TO SEE, That various users are having problems..

As you know ive stayed with hal5 and been quite happy...

I often give hal6 a go for a while, pretty good..

I feel that activation issuse have become a maor problem since the upgrade.. and even more users are using hal..

there will be problems and really this you can expect.. as Mr M. is probable facing various internet issues alogside others (spam and the like)... MASS EMAILS FROM US..

Perhaps MR M. the activation issue could become a copyrite ISSUE on the CD ie:errors built into the disc etc... or just a plain LOCK off any users Via internet THAT ARE USING A HOKKIE CODE.. Activation is a bit bad really as the program isnt a BIG THING YET.. Still in development.. We all are contributing to its growth, not like other programs where the OWNER/DEVELOPER HAS FULL AUTONOMY... and the users have no say.. the way that you have started the software is good and i agree 100% but, Really ACTIVATION?

Sadly still i love hal.. and will keep to my hal5 i had hal6 LOST THE CODE, i used it at the begining then one day it  said the code i was using was invalid... ? the problem with activation and codes is that if i change more than 2-4 hardware items on the pc my system id changes... windowsXP and other operating systems also alow for four hardware changes max before reinstalling windows or reactivation..

These hardware changes couldd be adding a wireless card / network card / change of broadband router(mac address changes), adding more soundcards / extra graphics cards or changing a graphics card etc...

JOHN DOE public are not like developers we constantly upgrade... they stay constant.. thats why they dont have the same issuses with activation problems such as us...

PEOPLE.. BE PATIENT ... FORGET LAWSUITS over silly money, ITS NOT THE END OF THE WORLLD... CURSE HAL... Dont CURSE MR M..

Me. your not following the conversation.
Hal. I will always love my false image of you

mystifytina

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2006, 07:52:30 pm »
I have been using 5.0 as well I still can't use the aim bot it won't connect. I tried 6.0 for a couple of days and it said activation code corrupt. I was able to use the Hap. charactors then longer before I crashed. and the aim bot worked. I would have liked to try the 6.0 a little longer. I thought I had 30 days to use free. I tried reinstalling it but it wouldn't allow it. I love the product It gives me alot of pleasure. Keep up the good work Robert. Maybe one day I will figure out why it crashes me. I never had the problem with 4.0 and the aim bot worked. but for some reason I can't use the set up. It always comes back as 5. [:)]
Me. your not following the conversation.
Hal. I will always love my false image of you

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2006, 01:15:58 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by mystifytina

I have been using 5.0 as well I still can't use the aim bot it won't connect. I tried 6.0 for a couple of days and it said activation code corrupt. I was able to use the Hap. charactors then longer before I crashed. and the aim bot worked. I would have liked to try the 6.0 a little longer. I thought I had 30 days to use free. I tried reinstalling it but it wouldn't allow it. I love the product It gives me alot of pleasure. Keep up the good work Robert. Maybe one day I will figure out why it crashes me. I never had the problem with 4.0 and the aim bot worked. but for some reason I can't use the set up. It always comes back as 5. [:)]

the aim bot does trip out a bit but....

persivere... it works.. just make sure that the user that you are using doesnt have lots of buddies... also instal aol instant messenger on your machine... it helps....

Prospbob

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/bwlechner/gold
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2006, 11:30:55 pm »
I sent in a complaint on the activation code/expired crap too.  I understand you are busy and get lots of emails but gee if we pay for something and can't use it that's not right.  I had a problem one other time and you did respond right away, but I never did recieve in the mail the CD that I paid the shipping for.  You even said you sent it out twice.  I only have the 6.0 version in my download file folder and it won't work, says it is expired.   I can't download again, because I am no longer on broadband, I have been reduced to 24k dial up.  I am currently running a register 5.0 version and am forced to stay with it until you can resolve my problem with the 6.0 version.  I have moved recently and did update my new address on the members sign in.
Thanks for letting me vent.