dupa

Author Topic: virtual xp on windows 7 os  (Read 2387 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
virtual xp on windows 7 os
« on: February 17, 2014, 07:39:40 pm »
I ran across this page , i remember someone saying they wanted a xp pc . this shows if you have a windows 7 that you can also put a virtual xp to run xp programs .
anyway here is the page and apparently it's free .

Install and use Windows XP Mode in Windows 7

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/install-and-use-windows-xp-mode-in-windows-7

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
Re: virtual xp on windows 7 os
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 01:45:17 am »
Hi lightspeed,

the drawback with that is, you have to create a virtual mode.
What that means is you have to dedicate part of your CPU processing power to the virtual mode.
So if you have 2 cores even though each core is a quad you have to dedicate one of your cores to the virtual mode.
And if you have one core that is a quad you have to dedicate at least one of the cores of the quad.
This is a permanent situation even if you are not using the virtual Windows XP.
Not to mention if you decide not to use your virtual mode anymore, you have to go through a lot of stuff to shut off the core that you have assigned to the virtual mode.
And it doesn't really work very well, I tried it on my old computer to see if I could get a game to work.
Not only could I not get the game to work, but it slowed my computer down so much it was almost like having a Intel Pentium 4.
This is a huge draw back considering it was an Intel Pentium I 7.
This was originally developed for people that were using business application programs.
And did not work very well with anything that has to do with a graphical interface.
Norwood other types of utility programs that were specifically designed to do any type of function to your computer such as your hard drive or memory.
It was just a way to try and make the business community happy because they were upset about spending thousands and thousands of dollars for new software. Because Now they had to rebuy the software again because the old version would not work in Windows 7.
A lot of this has been resolved over time with patches for Windows 7 but there are still a lot of problems with just about any piece of software that requires a special key card, graphical interface, games, or utilities that would perform a specific function to your computer.
You would be much better off if you just picked up an older computer that had XP on it and went that way.
Considering that you can pick one up pretty cheap. Or if you already have a computer, most computer repair shops would be happy to sell you a key card and windows XP software for practically nothing.
Even though Microsoft no longer supports windows XP, meaning: this particular computer should not be connected to the Internet. You can still get the upgrade packet from there utility download section. By way of your other computer that has Windows 7 on it, so you can avoid connecting the older computer to the Internet. And you can get the drivers you need in the same manner.
If you do not know where this is, the easiest way to find it is from your Windows 7 desktop screen right mouse click, click on gadgets, when the gadget window opens you will see a link leading you to get more gadgets off the Internet.
It will lead you to an Internet explore page that states they no longer support gadgets due to hackers using it to hack your computer, but there is a link at the top of the page that says utility download or something like that.
This will lead you to a page that has several different utilities that you can download, and if you have never been there before you should go there because they have a lot of really cool stuff that is free to download.
Everything from antivirus programs, to individual antivirus and anti-spyware programs, to drivers and of course Windows XP packet and drivers, as well as several more interesting things, like if you have a touchscreen.

Sincerely,
C load.

For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: virtual xp on windows 7 os
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 03:16:39 pm »
Thanks as always for the info . Cload it's always appreciated ! :)