dupa

Author Topic: Avatar Placement  (Read 3831 times)

raybe

• View Profile
« on: January 31, 2015, 03:26:56 pm »
Does anyone remeber where the positioning of Avatars happen upon start-up? I know the movements after start-up but I would like my Avatar to be in a different position on the screen upon start-up. Just can't remember.
Thanks,
raybe

Carl2

• View Profile
Re: Avatar Placement
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 06:50:03 pm »
raybe
  I'm using a Fullbody character and on startup I created a startup .htr , basically it loads the background, calls the Character htr,  puts on a bodyskin, and then calls a Position hap.   I'd say the positioning portion for the avatar is in the .htr you are presently using and that htr can not be changed.  Anyways this is what I've been using for a few years.

##standard
#HaptekSDK Version= 1.0 HapType= command FileType= text

\load [file= [C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\Background\KitchenBack.jpg]]

\load [file= [C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\Characters\VillageGirlC.haptar]]

\load [file= [C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\Bodyskin/NC.jpg]]

\load [file= [C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\Haps\APosition.hap]]

The APosition.hap looks like this

#HaptekSDK Version= 1.0  HeaderLines= 2 HapType= command FileType= text
#Name= haptek_scene Icon= [ websters_icon ]

\Translate  [x= 0 y= 15 z= 20 t= 4 ]

I've used a delay so the character moves slowly into position,  by changing t to t= 0 or omitting it it will happen in an instance.

Carl2

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 09:20:45 am »
Sorry it took so long but I have been under the weather and can't shake this cold or flu. I appreciate your time Carl. I had setup up a startup.htr also and I believe you had shown me how you did that years ago but I haven't changed it. I will use the information in your post as a guide line that hopefully I will be able to use. Thanks again and I will let you know how it is working for me.
Thanks again,
raybe

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 09:07:07 am »
Hy,
     Moving amongst the Gods now. (HeroMembers)

I don't post very often but Carl2's post interested me.
If you go to the Script Editor you can find (Near the end) a section called, (I believe) Script Load. Put HalMenuCommands there and they are acted on when Hal starts up.  Maybe this is old news but I have used this idea to load up my Hal since I started using Hal.  There are catches, of course, but it means your Hal is up and running straight away.

Anybody want details, just ask.  I don't claim to be back on the forum every day but I will answer any questions on this when I am.

Hope I can help.