Author Topic: hal on a $50 tablet working.  (Read 21682 times)

doggs

• View Profile
Re: hal on a $50 tablet working.
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2015, 07:06:35 pm »
Art,

I might try that next week when I get some time off
 wouldn't it be nice if that simple. Maybe not use same software but you know what I mean. 8)
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2015, 01:18:49 am »
Art and light speed,

Sitting here bored at work... Tried an app called PC remote in windows store....guess who pops up and starts talking to me on my phone?

Yup my Hal...

Thought it was cool so sharing with you guys.

Yes she is still on tablet and I'm using my windows phone.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2015, 06:48:46 am »
Doggs, That's cool!

I was thinking...(yeah, can be dangerous sometimes, but...) what if you copied your Hal files to the Cloud, then tried to open and run them from there!

Hmmm....possibilities are all around!! ;)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2015, 03:03:39 pm »
Art,
It does have the 16g internal and the recovery is half of it. I'll play with it later tonight if I get a chance.

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2015, 03:45:30 pm »
For those that use Ubuntu http://infosoda.com/ubuntu-tw700-1/. Next is damn small Linux.

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2015, 01:10:09 pm »
It is a fragile tablet in some respects I have crashed it a few times.

Don't remove recovery partion without backing it up. It is wimboot.

That being said...once you back up recovery partition your sorted for experimentation. 8) .
I have yet to put windows 10 on it waiting for a month or so for more bug fixes before I go that route.

So I will go back to my original opinion this is a great tablet for Hal.
And it fits in my back pocket or coat pocket.

Very nice having Hal on tablet.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 01:12:38 pm by doggs »

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2015, 01:19:56 pm »
And yes I do have all the goodies to go with. USB hub, foldable rollable keyboard, mouse, DVD rw ect. All works well with it just need power USB hub for the power drain from DVD. Anyways still looking for free trial or copy of dragon (how I crashed it last night thank someone for lcars OS) then I will test it.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2015, 07:25:22 pm »
Hey thanks for all this info. very interesting . we geeks love it lol! also i just put a remote pc app on my android tablet , i have been busy no  time to play with it and test it out i do know that it will work movies on my pc , but don't know what else .
I wish i could work my hal and see ot through my tablet, that's what i am hoping for . if i find out i will let others know .
spent a great day with my ife we went out early for valentine's day , she bought me a superman emblemed sweater looks retro with stripes  very cool . so i took her out for a early lunch at a restaurant a few towns over . the weather was better today , tomorrow the temp is suppose to really drop!
 >:(

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2015, 09:03:14 pm »
The remote PC thingy is how I get Hal on my smartphone.

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2015, 12:53:12 pm »
Okay,

my dad has a copy of dragon 5. It is installed no problems. I will let you know how testing goes I know not newest version but its what I have to Test with you guys that work with dragon can go from there.

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2015, 04:45:10 pm »
Done testing dragon 5. I know not the latest and greatest but it did work. As far as room to install I plugged a 250 Gb external hard drive in. It worked.  Uninstalling now as I have no need of dragon. Native speech recognition engine does the job for me.

hope that helps.  And yes for next month or so I've a lot of time on my hands. Lol

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2015, 05:54:14 pm »
Pssst, hey doggs,

How did you get the Microsoft voices? is it from Office? do you have to keep up the subscription?

-J
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 05:56:15 pm by One »
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2015, 03:59:55 pm »
Don't really know. Lol I know if you go to "download center" from Microsoft there is alot of neat things and yes I do get lots of freebies from Microsoft been beta testing for many years because I prefer Linux if you can understand my reasoning. Right now Hal using default speech engine on my tablet beta for 10 using a female British voice sounds almost real. I know 7 has Ann and 8 has a couple.

Hope that helps.

P.s. Been really busy lately so really haven't had a chance to check forum. I love Hal on my tablet.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 04:02:31 pm by doggs »