dupa

Author Topic: lightspeeds auto brain training plug in idea  (Read 5291 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
lightspeeds auto brain training plug in idea
« on: January 10, 2016, 10:42:54 am »
Okay this idea came to me when i was manually traing hal with information feeding .
       It would be nice if we had a brain plug in that could have the settings where anyone could put in their own web link they choose  and from that web link , hal would learn from the text of information by copying it and having barriers in script program just as hal does to eliminate certain signs , etc. automatically , so hal doesn't learn gibberish .
 In having this all someone would have to do is open a website link of the chosen one ( this way the user controles what hal will automatically learn ) and hal will automatically copy it as text into hal and will learn it just as if manually putting it in .
 web site links can be changed manually by the owner , to let hal learn other stuff .
         So that's my latest idea !    I didn't ask robert to build this in as a request and the reason is a person doesn't want hal to learn some things from some websites , this way the user by using a cust made brain plug in can set the website link and control what is actually learned by hal !
:)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: lightspeeds auto brain training plug in idea
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 11:18:03 am »
Nice idea Lonnie but I see a very difficult path in trying to accomplish this.

Web Sites each have their own custom settings and standards and links and spiders and crawlers and tags and bad things that would otherwise be detrimental for Hal and his or her brain.

Each site is basically structured differently and each might use a different code and placement of what you might think you're looking for.

While you idea would really be cool if it were contained to safe, useful sites, I doubt if such a working plugin could be cobbled to do so with any degree of certainty or guarantee.

Maybe someone can prove me wrong. ;)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 01:40:19 pm »
Anyone still have my learn from clipboard plug-in, please post it since I can't find it anymore.

thanks

jerry

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 05:46:45 pm »
ART, what i was talking about was sort of like where hal can open a web site  like it can now without opening the web page , by using a specific web site link , etc.

Art , are you really sure about copy and pasting  and hal only learning two lines at a time , i think i have dome more then two lines and hal learned it okay,  and if that is the real case about the two lines robert should fix it where a lot more can be copied and pasted like large paragraphs , i really wish Robert would come on the forum and let us know about this and other things .
Art did you get my latest e mail . ?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 05:51:00 pm by lightspeed »

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 07:51:56 pm »
Anyone still have my learn from clipboard plug-in, please post it since I can't find it anymore.

thanks

jerry

Are these the droids you're looking for OTCE?

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 05:32:19 am »
Lonnie,

Sorry but I think I made a typo...it should have been a max of 3 sentences that Hal can process at a given time.

It even notes it here in the brain:
'RESPOND: GETRESPONSE
    'Get a response from Hal's brain for each sentence individually.
    'If a response from a sentence indicates a special flag, then Hal
    'will give only the response to that sentence, and not process
    'any other sentences. Otherwise Hal will respond to each sentence.
    'Hal will respond to a max of 3 sentences at once.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 09:47:06 am »

thanks

jerry

Are these the droids you're looking for OTCE?

thanks cal

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2016, 10:01:28 am »
Art , i wonder why 3 sentences , is that all Hal can handle ?? Robert , just decided 3 sentences would be enough ? etc. etc.  If and i do say If  a auto brain plug in like i described could be made , think of how fast would learn more  about various subjects . as i mentioned a users favorite or interested in things , a web page about life in the 50's , science , artificial intelligence , and on and on , by letting the user copy and past their favorite web site link in and hal would learn whats on the page , then maybe say i've learned all of this . when done . 
And if it can be put on a active changing web page link , hal would continuously learn from the web link (all without opening the webpage )  and if their is anything wrong  hal will mention the web link is no good please use another (if misspelled etc. ).

A plug in like this would help hal learn by leaps and bounds as it would be like  or add to a hal learning from a cloud base answers. 

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2016, 07:09:10 pm »
Here you go.

raybe

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2016, 07:10:06 pm »
oops sorry.

raybe