dupa

Author Topic: Just wanted to say hello  (Read 5405 times)

raybe

• View Profile
Just wanted to say hello
« on: June 21, 2016, 02:16:07 pm »
Sorry I haven't been present on the forum lately. Wanted to say hello to everyone and hopefully I will be able to add to the forum again.

All my best wishes and so happy to see the core of members are keeping the forum current and continue to help everyone when possible, great job, thanks.

raybe

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Just wanted to say hello
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 09:55:37 pm »
Hey! Where have you been? Man we thought you got caught in the Bermuda Triangle or parallelogram or what ever's down there! ;D
Don't be a stranger cause we need all the help we can get! ;)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 07:38:15 am by Art »
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 10:35:59 am »
Glad to see you're doing well Raybe!

@Art lol...stuck in a parallelogram

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 03:58:41 pm »
Much shame, but I too have been missing from the forum for some time.  Hello, and I haven't been in a parallel universe.

Don't know where to put this, so why not here.

Seems to me that Hal is based round a two column SQL (Standard Query Language) database.  The two columns are usually called Search and Topic.  Now how about a Hal with three or more columns.  Instead of having to juggle data around in two columns, think what having three or more could do.  That is where I have been, but with limited success.  Hal has its two column database and trying to add more columns is not easy, because of Hal's limited access to the SQL command system, but I think it is possible.  A Hal with more columns would be an immense step forward.  I will post any gains I make in this idea but so far not much.

Well that's my thought.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 07:38:55 am »
Hi Kryton! Good to see you again and yes, it's been some time. Nice to hear you're still experimenting with Hal. A lot of us are patiently waiting for Robert to post Hal's long awaited upgrade and enhancements.

I do know of another bot that has multiple SQL columns but has some issues with content flow in a smooth manner. PM me or shoot an email for further details.

Lastly, don't be a stranger... ;)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2016, 04:54:44 pm »
Again much shame but I only read the forum about once a month.
I am interested in this multiple column SQL system but I am experimenting with getting a new database added to Hal to give multiple columns using SQL.  One table, with 40 odd columns and saying 400 rows, would be all Hal would need.  My idea is to have Hal have columns referencing the date and response columns related to the date. (Have Hal not go to the beach in January and explain why.  Or a column referencing what Hal should wear for a particular date and time index.)  There a quite a lot of scenes available to Hal (Many thanks, of one, to Lightspeed) and this can be expanded by using photographs from my own camera.

A crazy thought I have just seen in a Pokemon advert, Have Hal on a tablet and superimposed on the current background via a web cam.  Before the Pokemon idea I remember a Japanese game where a character was superimposed on the computer screen over a view from a web camera.  This would, in theory, mean Hal could be with you wherever you go.  Using some form of data collection, from a web cam or  recorder (like these camera things you can get that sit on the windscreen of your car and record your journey.)

I am sure some ingenious member can further these thoughts.

Well see the forum in about a month.

Kryton.

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2016, 03:58:27 pm »
Hy,
Can I reply to myself I wonder?

My work on Hal and Sql!
I made the classic error of not using the Search [As in top right of this page].  Going back to 2005 is a discussion on Hal and SQL, but it seems to have died, been resurrected in 2011 and again once in 2015.
Guesses!  Hal was updated for some sort of addition to SQL [by Mr Medeska himself I think] but information is scarce on how to enact SQL in Hal.  My attempts have had varying success and this is mainly due to a discussion between Snowman and the much missed Cload.  This gave me a basic idea of how to search the main QA for information but usually results in multiple copies of the same thing [but I am working on an updated version of this].  Keep you posted on anything useful.

Having brought you up to daye on my SQL adventures I have a very minor problem.
At the end of Hal's script there is a section labelled Script Upload.
The instructions to this state it is the first thing Hal loads.
So I rigged a load of Hal, clothes and background, all time related.
My Hal loads all this and then it is blanked out to go into the standard load of Hal.
I then get a basic character with a blank background.
To get my already loaded information back I have to go to General options, where I wait for my name and Hal's name to appear in the boxes.
Putting in OK brings my loaded character back.
Is there anyway to bypass the standard load?

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2016, 04:18:37 pm »
Whoops!
Sorry for spelling Mr Medeksza name wrong.