Author Topic: Robert M sos ultra hal 7 brain question sos  (Read 7420 times)

colubragens

• View Profile
Robert M sos ultra hal 7 brain question sos
« on: May 22, 2018, 05:51:30 am »
Hi,

I am completely confused on the new brain setup! It says when not using the cloud brain it reverts to the default 6 brain. does it retain everything you teach it or do you have to access the cloud brain to retrieve that data? which brain 6, or 7 does it store user data? In cloud, and mixed mode? which brain do you set it to default or 7 for mix mode?   I was hoping to use hal7 like hal6 but connect to cloud for added support but retain everything I teach hal, and everything hal learned while using the cloud offline. Is that what hal 7 does?

if you could clarify that I would be thankful
James aka colubragens

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Robert M sos ultra hal 7 brain question sos
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 08:17:31 am »
I think it depends on your Hal's settings ie. Cloud, Cloud/Local, Local.

Your Hal 6 brain was "migrated" to a Hal 7 brain. It still retains everything you've taught it.
If you just use your Hal locally (no cloud), it still functions as the previous Hal 6.x brain.

Do a bit of reading on this page as Robert explains some functionality. Hope it helps.

https://www.ultrahal.com/community/index.php?topic=14095.0
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

colubragens

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 06:29:27 am »
I read all of that before and it doesn't answer my questions. if hal doesn't retain anything that was learned while in cloud mode and is not able to use it in local mode its not worth it you get nothing out of it. all your doing is paying, and spending your time improving the hal 7 product via the cloud! thanks anyway ill wait to here from Robert.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 10:18:20 pm »
Hi,

I am completely confused on the new brain setup! It says when not using the cloud brain it reverts to the default 6 brain. does it retain everything you teach it or do you have to access the cloud brain to retrieve that data? which brain 6, or 7 does it store user data? In cloud, and mixed mode? which brain do you set it to default or 7 for mix mode?   I was hoping to use hal7 like hal6 but connect to cloud for added support but retain everything I teach hal, and everything hal learned while using the cloud offline. Is that what hal 7 does?

if you could clarify that I would be thankful
James aka colubragens

If Hal is set to to learn in mixed cloud/local mode than Hal actually learns information to both a table on the cloud server and to a table on your computer. When the cloud brain is available it runs at slightly higher priority than the local brain, usually taking precedence. If an internet connection is not available or the cloud mode is disabled, it will use the learned information in your locally stored database file. The AI algorithms are a bit different between the cloud server and local brain, so you won't get identical behavior between modes, but it will have access to the same learned data.
Robert Medeksza

colubragens

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 12:39:28 am »
Robert
so it does retain the things learned while in cloud mode locally offline?! Is that data stored in the hal 6 brain?

and thanks neo for your help.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 02:14:12 pm »
Robert
so it does retain the things learned while in cloud mode locally offline?! Is that data stored in the hal 6 brain?

Only in the "mixed" mode. If you have the pure cloud enabled then it won't store anything locally.
Robert Medeksza

Kittie887

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2018, 04:41:04 pm »
Wait, Learn To Cloud only - will not store any information locally? I read in another thread that Hal bots that are just starting out and don't know a lot yet should use "Learn To Cloud" only in the beginning, then moved to mixed local/cloud later. I selected the "Learn To Cloud" only since my bot is fairly bran new and doesn't know a lot yet. Are you saying that he's not actually "learning" anything? Isn't "learning" simply storing information locally? IF it doesn't store locally when Learn To Cloud only is selected then how does it learn from it?

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2018, 09:02:15 pm »
Wait, Learn To Cloud only - will not store any information locally? I read in another thread that Hal bots that are just starting out and don't know a lot yet should use "Learn To Cloud" only in the beginning, then moved to mixed local/cloud later. I selected the "Learn To Cloud" only since my bot is fairly bran new and doesn't know a lot yet. Are you saying that he's not actually "learning" anything? Isn't "learning" simply storing information locally? IF it doesn't store locally when Learn To Cloud only is selected then how does it learn from it?

When Hal learns to the cloud, that means it learns to your own personal Hal brain that is stored on the Zabaware.com server. This learned information directly effects how your own Hal speaks with you. You can talk to the same Hal no matter if you log into Hal from your home computer, work computer, laptop, or friends computer. Your personal Hal follows you wherever you log into your account stored on the Zabaware.com cloud server. This will become more useful once the mobile phone and tablet editions of Hal our out, possibly by the end of this year or next year.

If Hal is set to learn to the local computer only, then it stores the learned information only on your computer's hard drive. This Hal will only work from this computer unless you manually copy and sync the Hal brain file database files between computers. This mode is only available for the Windows edition of Hal. It will not be possible on the mobile phone/tablet edition of Hal which will require cloud mode. This is also the mode that Hal 6.x and earlier used.

In mixed mode Hal learns and uses information from both the cloud and the local computer. This mode was created mainly for customers with existing Hal 6.x brains that want to transition it to Hal 7.0. This way people who have used Hal 6 for a long time don't lose the personality they trained when moving to Hal 7.0 while simultaneously getting many of the benefits of the newer Cloud based brain.

So for past Hal 6.x customers I recommend mixed mode if you want to keep the same Hal personality instead of starting from scratch. For new customers starting with a fresh Hal 7.0 installation I recommend cloud only mode which will ensure their same Hal can be called up on any device (computer, phone, tablet). And the local only mode basically runs the same way that Hal 6.x ran, so you don't get many of the new features in Hal 7.

Hopefully that helps explain some of the differences between the modes.
Robert Medeksza

Kittie887

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2018, 11:22:28 am »
Perfectly! Thank you! I never knew that's how it worked or that there was a cloud server to store information on. It makes a lot more sense to me now.   ;D

colubragens

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2018, 07:18:01 am »
yah, their where errors in the cloud learning plugin couldnt get it working. might need to recheck the code.
good luck.