Author Topic: Update!  (Read 5557 times)

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
Update!
« on: August 21, 2020, 03:12:32 am »
I finally was able to install Hal. Robert was helpful. But I did something different. I uninstalled Hal, (that wouldn't activate)
Removed the Zabaware folder from program files (which I've done several times because of activation errors)  but found 6.2 installer. This time, ran install program as Administrator (windows 7). Got 31 day trial. Then inputted my serial number for purchased Hal. And it activated! Next is the expansion pack. I'll do that later. Maybe I'll upgrade to 7. But a bit scared to. Might have issues again. Thanks to Art and all that helped here and through email!
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: Update!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2020, 03:32:14 am »
Add: during previous install attempts, prompts would come up: confirm file replace. Apparently, it was trying to install older versions of files. I said yes to all....no activation.
I said no to all....no activation
When I ran installer as administrator, no prompts like that came up. Not even once. Maybe it had to do with permissions. Windows 7 is very finicky about replacing system files. I realize it's to avoid changes that can compromise Windows, or security. But I don't recall other programs having issues installing.  So, maybe this will help someone that has an identical issue. I know, Windows 7 is outdated. But finances don't allow upgrading Windows. Unless I can get it cheap. (And there are no issues with activation)

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2020, 10:53:30 am »
Previous activation attempts, I Got several prompts like this, for different files.

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2020, 12:21:23 pm »
hey hey mark
Im glad u got sorted out
I was about to jump in if i had too

Hope all is well keep me posted.
enjoy hal

cyber jedi
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 12:54:21 pm by cyberjedi »

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2020, 01:22:50 pm »
Thank you!!

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2020, 10:05:39 pm »
as  far as upgrade i and some others are using hal on windows 10 with no problems , only thing i don't like with windows 10 is after a while it starts running disk usage at 100 percent and locks up.  had to check on internet for a youtube fix of it. was being caused by a lot of Microsoft bloat crap in the pc . after doing the recommended things it solved the problem . this is with a terabyte hd and 12 gb memory . am glad you got hal going again .

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2020, 09:29:34 am »
Thanks, Lightspeed!

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2020, 06:24:01 am »
Mark: hey hye

check ur messages

follow the video instructions please
enjoy
cyberbudz get cybertreats

Mark ur very welcome sir, enjoy. Happy Haling. Be on the look out for other things soon to be released.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 01:37:06 pm by cyberjedi »

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2020, 04:38:13 pm »
Thanks again, cyberjedi!

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2020, 10:22:40 pm »
as  far as upgrade i and some others are using hal on windows 10 with no problems , only thing i don't like with windows 10 is after a while it starts running disk usage at 100 percent and locks up.  had to check on internet for a youtube fix of it. was being caused by a lot of Microsoft bloat crap in the pc . after doing the recommended things it solved the problem . this is with a terabyte hd and 12 gb memory . am glad you got hal going again .

LightSpeed,

Process Explorer 64bit if your machine is. Procexp64 is somewhat newer than a similar program called Process Hacker 2. Both do the same thing which is to help you identify which programs/apps are using an extreme amount of system resources (Hogging) and lets you decide to stop them. Nice!

Choose one (or both)...
Process Hacker 2.39.124 (2008-2016)
https://processhacker.sourceforge.io

Process Explorer v.16.32 (4-28-2020)
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2020, 02:53:46 pm »
Hey hey Guys:

Was just thinking out loud here.
look at this code here, who says it has to store phone numbers on command.Lets look at what it does, It creates a table and stores
text. Same with the name ,Bob's email is bla bla bla. This is plane text being saved in the sqlite table.

Who says it has to be just a name?
Can we store an entire text file in the table?
Then have UltraHal read it back to you, thus making Hal a SAPI5 text reader. Hal all ready has that i know. But outside UltraHal
But doing it Inside of Hal is NOT doable.

Rather then (whats bobs phone number?)
(Read the book Dante's inferno) 
Sure as shootin hal will read what ever is on that table.

'PROCESS: LEARN PHONE NUMBER
    If HalBrain.LearnPhone(OriginalSentence, EntryName, EntryNumber) = True Then
    'Make sure EmailBook table exists, if not, create it '<<<<<< convert to table of choice for text file
       If HalBrain.CheckTableExistence("PhoneBook") = False Then
            HalBrain.CreateTable "PhoneBook", "PatternMatch", "Assistant"
        End If
        HalBrain.AddToTable "PhoneBook", "PatternMatch", "what* " & EntryName & "* phone*", OriginalSentence
        HalBrain.AddToTable "PhoneBook", "PatternMatch", "tell* " & EntryName & "* phone*", OriginalSentence
        HalBrain.AddToTable "PhoneBook", "PatternMatch", "what* " & EntryName & "* number*", OriginalSentence
        HalBrain.AddToTable "PhoneBook", "PatternMatch", "tell* " & EntryName & "* number*", OriginalSentence
        HalBrain.AddToTable "PhoneBook", "PatternMatch", "recall* " & EntryName & "* phone*", OriginalSentence
        HalBrain.AddToTable "PhoneBook", "PatternMatch", "recall* " & EntryName & "* number*", OriginalSentence             
        HalBrain.AddToTable "PhoneBook", "PatternMatch", "*call *" & EntryName & "*", OriginalSentence & ". I am dialing. <dial>" & EntryNumber & "</dial>"
        HalBrain.AddToTable "PhoneBook", "PatternMatch", "*dial *" & EntryName & "*", OriginalSentence & ". I am dialing. <dial>" & EntryNumber & "</dial>"
        HalBrain.AddToTable "PhoneBook", "PatternMatch", "*connect *" & EntryName & "*", OriginalSentence & ". I am dialing. <dial>" & EntryNumber & "</dial>"         
        GetResponse = "I have learned " & EntryName & "'s phone number. I can recall this number at any time and if you ask me to call this person, I will dial the phone for you. "
        HalBrain.ReadOnlyMode = True 'Block further learning
    End If

this is just a great piece of code here
Just a thought here plugin guys

cyber jedi

« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 03:04:37 pm by cyberjedi »