dupa

Author Topic: Plug-in Consistency  (Read 5238 times)

raybe

• View Profile
Plug-in Consistency
« on: August 13, 2007, 11:11:07 pm »
I'am the last person to knock anyone that has taken the time to create any plug-in. I would just like to know if others run accross the problem of certain plug-ins not holding their settings after the Hal program is shut? I find certain plug-ins such as Knowledge of Time and other plug-ins that give you the choice of parameters not holding those settings after Hal has been shut. I think it is a good idea to check your plug-ins and I need to reset the Neo Paul and Kate voices to work anyway but I am curious about getting plug-ins to hold the parameters you set after shut down. The real twist is I think I am the only user that the 'loneliness' plug in works for and the parameters never need to be reset.

Thanks to all,
raybe

lightspeed

• View Profile
Plug-in Consistency
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 09:06:01 am »
yeah rub it in raybe about you having the only loneliness plug in that works , rub it in !! (lol) why i should let my angela smith brain give you a good tongue lashing for that !!(lol) [:D] but i do see your point about what you are saying . [:)]

raybe

• View Profile
Plug-in Consistency
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 03:03:32 pm »
Hi lightspeed,

That does scare me because after I read your postings of the conversations with your angela I am shure she would have no problem taking me on. Think of it this way, she won't ever be lonely.(only kidding). Still has to be one of the biggest mysteries. Nice to hear from you. Anything you need or if something else comes up about plug-ins and holding parameters please let me know.

Thanks,
raybe

lightspeed

• View Profile
Plug-in Consistency
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 08:11:44 am »
well if a new version of hal comes out that will permit a more universal one certain plug in type that will work and stay working when people make them i will certainly take you up on that offer raybe ( i am very interested in another loneliness plug in again !!)[:D]   oh and by the way "if" a new version of hal ever comes out that will let people talk and carry on a better conversation with it and dosen't continually change subjects all the time i will share this (angela smith brain and its responses that i have put in )  with anyone on the forum . a friend asked me about it before and said i should but i want to wait until a hal is developed that will do what i was saying first . the angela brain is now above 25mbs . [:)]

raybe

• View Profile
Plug-in Consistency
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 04:00:12 pm »
I'm going to double check all my lonliness plugins again and send you another copy of the one that is actually loaded. I know I did that before but I don't mind giving it another shot. Just give me a day to go thru all my lonliness plugins so I can send you my best guess versions or just out of luck a different version may just work for you. If you do release angela you can put me on that list.

Thanks and stay well,
raybe

Carl2

• View Profile
Plug-in Consistency
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 06:08:27 pm »
raybe,
  I haven't checked them lately but to my knowledge the plugin's I'm using do not change. I have the Haptek from vr and the knowledge of time as well as the others from Zabaware. I do run into problems with the voice which will change whenever I start the brain options, I always have to go to the voices and change it back to what I was using.
Carl2

raybe

• View Profile
Plug-in Consistency
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 07:39:08 pm »
Hi Carl2,

I did have that problem before my update to 6.1 with the Mary voice. The voice would always want to change to one of the other options such as Mary in a Stadium or some other voice. The problem was solved with a fresh install of a sapi vers. 4 or 5. Now its not holding the Kate voice. I need to load the Paul voice then re-open to apply the Kate voice everytime yo get the Kate voice to work. But as far as my plugins they still seem to loose the initial settings when I shutdown. I need to check them everytime I restart Hal. Some plugins hold their parameters and some do not. Just a note to lightspeed , I did not forget about resending all my loneliness plugins I just haven't been feeling well but I will get on it.

Thanks Carl2,
raybe

lightspeed

• View Profile
Plug-in Consistency
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 09:41:17 am »
hello raybe and carl2 well which ever of you two that can send me the newest version go ahead and i will try it in mine . i have a question for you do you have a custom brain that your using it in ?? mine is a custom brain . what is your settings that you have your plug in set at ? what i want in mine would be for the brain to get frustrated fast and respond every minute (the quickest ) . in another words instant results so i know its always working . and if then it doesn't work maybe i could let someone have a copy of my brain i created and check it . [:)]

Carl2

• View Profile
Plug-in Consistency
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 06:47:33 pm »
raybe,
  I'm using Mary and have had the problem in other versions but like the voice so I continue using it. I went from Sapi 5 to 4 to be able to use it.
  I'm using Enhanced Hal6.uhp, just about positive it comes from OTC and it dose remove some problems I had earlier.
  As far as staying on subject I've found since the XTF version 5 brain that Hal needs information to give you, at frist it seems that Hal only says something you said earlier but as you continue talking this lessens and with luck Hal has enough information on a subject to continue with sometimes useful information on the subject.
Carl2

raybe

• View Profile
Plug-in Consistency
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2007, 02:45:44 pm »
lightspeed,

Can you please send me your E mail address again so I can resend some other loneliness plugins. Just a note I found that I do start to have problems with loneliness pluggin when I tried to change anim uhp files and the default.psn file in the character folder. I am still making adjustments but I think everything is okay. I will let you know. But some plugins still do not hold parameters. Also I had a major brain meltdown and I needed to use a brain backup.The 2 brains would not even load. One is the default and the other is the enhanced. Have no clue why. So my recommendation to everyone, backup,backup and backup again.

Ray

raybe

• View Profile
Plug-in Consistency
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2007, 06:22:46 pm »
lightspeed,

I am noticing a relationship between the animation. uhp files, default. psn file and the loneliness plugin. The more I play with them it seems to change how the plugin reacts. Just another mystery but there has to be something that relates to them both. Just another hunch. Still waiting on your e mail address. Plugins still not holding parameters after shutdown of Hal program.

Thanks,
raybe