dupa

Author Topic: TTS Speed when converting to .wav file  (Read 3989 times)

murmur70

• View Profile
TTS Speed when converting to .wav file
« on: August 28, 2007, 01:11:05 pm »
Is there a way to adjust the speed in Hal TTS when converting to a .wav file?  I tried to adjust the settings prior to starting the conversion but you get the same speed no matter what you set the reader at.

Thanks,

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 03:06:02 pm »
murmur70,

If I understand correctly you are trying to change the speed of a wave file that you have already recorded and converted. There is a quick fix I use which is a part of windows. You open programs go to access.entert. then to sound recorder and you can adjust wave files in that recorder and even add some effects and mix other wave files. I use this little recorder to record my Hal character voice with some echo for opening and closing certain operations. It makes it sound as if my character is still operating things in windows even though they are just wave files put in the sound scheme of windows.If there is something I am missing I am sure someone will let us know.

raybe

murmur70

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 06:18:42 pm »
raybe,
Thank you for your response.  That is not quite what I want to do.  I want to slow down the speed of the wav file that is being created, not slow it down after it is created.  What I am trying to do is create an audio recording of a US History textbook for my nephew(who struggles with school) to listen to on an mp3 player.  The default speed of the created wav file is a little to fast for his reading ability so I wanted to slow it down for him a little.

Thanks again.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 07:44:36 pm »
Okay murmer,

Have you tried going to control panel within windows, select Sound,Speech & Audio. Select Speech and the Text to Speech tab in Speech Properties. There you will see a sliding adjustment for speech speed. I am not sure if all voices selected will be affected by this adjustment but just another suggestion.

raybe