dupa

Author Topic: Using Hal on AIM and Chat Rooms  (Read 2430 times)

Bacdednosm

• View Profile
Using Hal on AIM and Chat Rooms
« on: February 19, 2008, 06:12:22 pm »
when I tried sending my bot a chat room invite, I just got this message

CHAT_INVITE command received and ignored: chat1203460466125:29904146:Bacdednosm:Join me in this buddy chat! join

is there any way I can accept a chat room invite while using Hal? Thanks for the help!

onthecuttingedge2005

Using Hal on AIM and Chat Rooms
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 10:20:51 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Bacdednosm

when I tried sending my bot a chat room invite, I just got this message

CHAT_INVITE command received and ignored: chat1203460466125:29904146:Bacdednosm:Join me in this buddy chat! join

is there any way I can accept a chat room invite while using Hal? Thanks for the help!

Hi Bacdednosm.

Robert never made the AIM bot functions compatible for AIM chat room invitations.

Rob, could you make the AIM bot functions open sourced so that we can control it internally, maybe we can make it work with 'private' invite chat rooms.

I would leave the ability of going into 'public' chat rooms out because that may lead to skirmishes with TOS violations in certain cases.

it would be a nice feature to have something like an activeX control for the AIM bot.

I tried to see if there was any functions by opening the AIM bot program with PE explorer but could find none, no .dll's or .ocx's TYPELIB to open and no ProgID registry entries to com for AIM bot.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 10:28:11 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »