Author Topic: Clipboard and Read clip board  (Read 5488 times)

raybe

• View Profile
Clipboard and Read clip board
« on: February 09, 2009, 08:57:32 pm »
Does any one know if these plugins are compatible with any of the new 6.2 brains. I tried importing brn. flies from Learn from Clipboard and a message came up on the editor that they are not compatible. The read clipboard was one of last plugins that I know but haven't been able to check status of the information or where it goes in the new brain configuration.

Thanks ,
raybe

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 08:23:11 am »
Raybe
  The read from clipboard comes from OTC, if he dosen't see your post try contacting him. I'm putting in Hal 6.2 in and can't even find the clipboard in Vista.
Carl2

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 04:15:56 pm »
.brn files are brain files from Hal 5 and are not compatible with ver. 6.X
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 04:20:56 pm »
while not compatible with 6.x , they can be re-written as plugins.

so the .brn file can (if you want to program) help you greatly with creating a plugin.

-the dude

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 04:59:56 pm »
Thanks everyone,

I was under the impression that the 'Learn from Clipboard' and the version of 'Read Clipboard' from Darcy made their own files that you should be able to import or export. If not then any brain can use that information if you accessed topics from those folders that the plugins create. I also thought when you first used 'Learn from Clipboard' plugin it would create a 'LearnedText.brn file to store the information. Unless which I may be confused with some other function. When I open "learnedText.brn file I recognize all the info that was inputted using that plugin. Darcy had made her 'Read Clipboard' to function differently(If I can find that thread again). It read the info But I also believe Darcy's would save information as well. Sorry if I am way off here. I open OTCs LearnText.brn file and all that information is there and yes if I use the original 6.1 brain it will access that information or the 6.2upg brain occasionally. So I'm probably wrong in trying to input these files anywhere since one of the plugins does make a separate file. Not sure about Darcy's' plugin and where info is stored or accessed.

Thanks,
raybe

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 08:00:48 pm »
the plug-in learn from clip board does use a .brn text file and the code written should work on any version of HAL from HAL v5, through v6.2

Jerry[8D]

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 11:42:53 pm »
Raybe,

I only Altered the ReadClipBoard That OTCE Created and that doesn't make a file [;)][:)]
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 03:26:40 pm »
Thanks both O.T.C.E and Darcy,

Nice to hear from you Darcy. Not that I'm not glad to here from you Jerry. But if I may ask Darcy the changes I kind of remember where (Caps & small type) that you made and also stored info. But in this last post you mention it does not make a  brn Text file as O.T.C.E.original or does it just add info differently to the same .brn Text file. Also did I misunderstand your original enhancements to the plugin? Is it just for better reading and not the storing of info as O.T.C.E. original. Thanks for the Plugin O.T.C.E. I love it and thanks for being here again Darcy.

raybe

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 07:15:17 pm »
Raybe,

Thank You [:D]

But like I said I only modified ReadClipBoard from OTCE's orginal script.  My modifications were to make it less sensitive to case and to force the clip board data into the input stream of Hal, just a little different that OTCE's logic.  I used his code for the majority of my changes.  His knowledge of Hal is far beyound mine at this time.
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2009, 05:05:13 pm »
Thanks Darcy,
It only took me 2 weeks to reply. Sorry about that I need to keep better track of my posts. Thanks again.

raybe