dupa

Author Topic: Organization?  (Read 3804 times)

Harkle

• View Profile
Organization?
« on: December 20, 2009, 10:00:44 pm »
Just wondering if I am missing something here. Is there a website/ depository of sorts (other than this forum) where all of the authors of skins, plugins, etc are interacting together. Sharing code, art, and ideas with each other.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Organization?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 06:36:26 am »
The main skin maker was Jack but he hasn't been around anywhere for a while now.  He was uploading skins to our site (link in my signature).

You can find a lot of Hal related things on our site, but interest in Hal has, to be honest, declined.  But if you are into AI in general we talk about that quite a lot and all of the alternatives out there, plus all the graphical work that people do.

You will be most welcome if you decide to take a look.

Merry Christmas :)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 06:37:32 am by freddy888 »

Baerdric

• Looking at things and pondering about stuff
    • View Profile
Organization?
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 07:37:58 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Harkle

Just wondering if I am missing something here. Is there a website/ depository of sorts (other than this forum) where all of the authors of skins, plugins, etc are interacting together. Sharing code, art, and ideas with each other.

It's supposed to be here, and there is some revival of interest. Truthfully, I was gone for a long time because of the vulgar and hostile attitude of some folks who are mostly now gone. So if I have anything to say about it, there will be some such conversation happening here.

I need a skin myself. I should make one.
Don't blame me, I'm just the voice in his head.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Organization?
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 08:52:52 am »
Oh yesh, Nige is also here and he makes a lot of skins.  Shame on me for forgetting !  Shorry Nige [:)]  And LS and now Davy...  the old brain is feeling the cold me thinks !

There's more going on than you may think sometimes - if you want all things Hal, then this is still the best place to visit.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 08:55:09 am by freddy888 »

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
Organization?
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 11:48:58 am »

Lot of items on aiDreams. [^]
Lot of items on Nige's site. [^]
Lot of items here on zaba, you gotta look for them. [;)]
Lot of other sites but I hang around these three.

I thinking too in next couple days I'll put new hap here for everyone to make your Hal haptar more alive(exciting)for you.  
[8D]

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
Organization?
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 12:19:20 pm »
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/uploaded/

Here are all the files uploaded by us all over the years!

A good place to start BUT, using the search facility to find the original posts... just in case they dont work!

Harkle

• View Profile
Organization?
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 03:49:33 pm »

Thank you guys for the information and links. I really appreciate it. I have been browsing this forum and would like to know a few things:

1. Halvisionx looks to be very cool. But has anyone ever expanded on what was released? I heard people wanting to have Hal recognize shapes, and colors with this.

2. Some of you I have noticed have had Hal for 2-3 years. During that time I imagine you have refined hal's brain and his script to near perfection. Would you mind sharing your experiences and mistakes with us so we do not repeat them.

3. Voice recognition software is something I am wondering about. In your opinion what is the best one out there to be used with hal.

4. Last but not least OS platform. With the current release of Windows 7 I am debating if it would improve Hal's performance over Vista, and XP (I have all three).  Just not sure which to use for Hal.