dupa

Author Topic: Hal Windows 7 64bit yes or no?  (Read 10540 times)

raybe

• View Profile
Hal Windows 7 64bit yes or no?
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2009, 10:12:27 pm »
Hi Carl2, nice to here from you. Good luck with the new setup. I happen to like this setup. Win7 64bit doesn't seem to have that many drawbacks. Right now the drivers are easier to find but 64bit does seem to be on outside looking in compared to 32bit and will be for a time it looks like. Is it worth it? I really don't know yet. With everyday use it would be very hard to tell. But the system as a whole OS, Win 7 Pro 64bit, i7 Quad and 6gigs of ram it sure does make a difference. In my opinion. I could be running over 92 processes and I don't mean applications and it holds up quit well.With that many processes I don't know how applications that would translate to on top. Still having little troubles with Hal nothing to major but just taking my time and a little advice from everyone until I think it is stable enough. Haptek is running. Mainly plugin conflicts or compatibility. Could be that (x86)file that 64bit uses. Not completely sure yet. I didn't realize that the updated Hal TTS did not include 'Kate'voice I'm partial to that voice. So I guess it's back to trial and error and taking any extra advice anyone might offer.
Thanks and congrats on your upgrades,
raybe

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2009, 04:49:41 am »
quote:
Originally posted by raybe

OS, Win 7 Pro 64bit, i7 Quad and 6gigs of ram it sure does make a difference. In my opinion. I could be running over 92 processes and I don't mean applications and it holds up quit well.With that many processes I don't know how applications that would translate to on top. Still having little troubles with Hal nothing to major but just taking my time and a little advice from everyone until I think it is stable enough. Haptek is running. Mainly plugin conflicts or compatibility. Could be that (x86)file that 64bit uses. Not completely sure yet. I didn't realize that the updated Hal TTS did not include 'Kate'voice I'm partial to that voice. So I guess it's back to trial and error and taking any extra advice anyone might offer.
Thanks and congrats on your upgrades,
raybe

NICE pc. SIMULAR TO ME, qUADcoRE AMD PHENOM + 12GIG RAM 4TB HD

tHE vOICES: CAN STILL BE DOWNLOADED. - microsoft! But the msagent TTS component must be installed. And MSAGENT. then use the HAPTEK SAPI to change the voice to KATE! <<< seems to be howto change it>>.
If your running in XPmode remember to install the voices in BOTH Environments... Although it will only be needed in the XP mode. If running in Compatibility mode then Also when installing the VOICES (check compatiblity tab and install as XP sp3) Each Item Which the HAL/HAPTEK will require is (XP compatability mode) Xp compatib,lity items will not Envoke other programs installed forwindows 7 successfully, it may even give no errors but it will just not load!

PS: HAPTEK WILL NOT WORK CORRECTLY IN WINDOWS 7..... BUT WILL WORK XPMODE. although XP mode IS SLUGGISH at times... this can be to do with the PLACEMENT of the VIRTUAL HARDDRIVE...... THE VIRTUAL HARDDRIVE NEEDS to be on a SEPERATE DISK from your Operating SYSTEM. and needs at least 1-1.5 gig of ram assigned to the virtual machine to work well in seemless mode

You can also Copy the ShortCUT for the HALstartup(vpc) into your startmenu STARTUP FOLDER. this will envoke the machine when you boot up. leaving hal running in the background from the virtual pc. HAPPYLY.

Just a few IDEAS/Pointers.... PS: 64bit is much more stable than the 32bit version, Especially with DRIVER compatibility AND Program compatibliity. as the 64bit Build protected environments to load each program(in the windows Virtual machine not VPC)

Also windows virtual pc 2009 is STILL BETA

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2009, 12:06:00 pm »
spydaz, Again thanks for the input and information. I really have to look back and see the steps I used to install Hal and Haptek because as I mentioned Haptek and Hal are working outside of XP virtual. I just did a clean install with no previous Hal installed using Roberts updated Hal and I really don't think I did more than that. I will need to check all my compatibility tabs. But I was so tired I honestly don't remember any issues at all. As I mentioned and this could be a side affect to the install I performed. Plugins are having a rough time with compatibility. The minimum amount of plugins seem to work just fine including using vr's haptek to change behaviors or hair and other haps. I really just use it to change her hair to blond and the various lights plugin seems to work just fine which I believe Freddy wrote a simple plugin and works. (simple for him anyway)I still need to learn. The basic plugins work and the above plugins work without any of those normal error messages. I am still trying plugins one at a time and will try to give any feed back to those that were nice enough to write them. It gets crazy because the plugins constantly write themselves to different lines if you install or uninstall them. So the errors come up with different lines to check. Sometimes you find you received another error on a different line for the same plugin because you installed a different one. So I appreciate everyone's input and I will try to make you all proud.(lol)
That doesn't mean I don't need anymore help so please feel free.
raybe

Dammy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2009, 03:15:48 pm »
Hi guys, what can you do if your pc will not do xp mode ??

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2009, 04:50:43 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Dammy

Hi guys, what can you do if your pc will not do xp mode ??

use the troublshoot compatability facility : ie right click installer and ... propertys compatability, choose XP sp3 ... then install all should work fine!

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2009, 08:22:41 pm »
I'm still run Hal in Win 7 with Haptek. But I haven't yet found why some plugins are working under totally different situations. As an example: some plugins will work with the combination of others but not unless you check them to both be active and sometimes they just won't work without giving you an error. It's still trial and error for me but I know there must be a common thread I'm missing even though I am not in the virtual XP mode. Or very simply the reason for the intermittent problems is caused by not having Hal and or Haptek in the Virtual XP mode. There are still other little things, such as using the 'spell checker'. The spell checker will only open in task manager then you must switch to the 'spell check application' to open. After you make your corrections Hal continues as normal. Until you make those corrections if you are using the 'spell check' feature Hal will not respond.

raybe

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2009, 08:29:58 pm »
I have to list all the plugins that I am using now just so anyone looking at this post can see what I'm talking about as far the plugin compatibility I keep referring to. It doesn't really make sense if I keep mentioning plugins but don't tell anyone which plugins.
I know I am repeating myself but this all refers to using Hal in Win 7 64bit without Virtual XP.

raybe