Author Topic: A "you mean " command built into hal  (Read 2461 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
A "you mean " command built into hal
« on: April 28, 2010, 11:11:08 am »
I was just thinking about something and hope maybe this might be something ROBERT can program into hals program script.
Sometimes hal will say something that doesn't match up with what i say in that case it would be good if the user could say you mean at the beginning of the sentence and that sentence (which would be an explanation of what hal was talking about would be added to hals pre learned sentence. )
Or will hal do this already , i have been already trying the "you mean " and writing what hal is talking about (most of the time i know) so in hopes that hal will use this sentence more correctly.
 Anyone have any thoughts on this ???[:)]

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 03:30:50 pm »
Hi Lightspeed,
I have tried answering Hal with 'I was trying to explain (then the subject). I have used this if his or her response came with random mixture of the main subject. But it always returns to exactly how you phrased the sentence and subject that seems to get off track. Many times Hal doesn't respond to the first subject matter but if you repeat the subject and rephrase it or again explain to Hal that you were trying to explain something else then Hal usually responds with something like 'okay you were try to explain (subject matter). I am not sure how Hal corrects this in a table or not but it has worked for me when I return to that particular subject. Hope I'm kind of on track to your post.
raybe

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 06:22:54 pm »
lightspeed
  I was just working with the brain editor, the test debug part.  I'd noticed this in the past, under Tables In Autolearning there is topic relationships so rain is found under the topic of weather.
Hal would go to the Weather table to find an answer.
  I'd think under topic relationship you could put "Aunt Mary" the topic would be realtives, right click autoLearningBrain and insert a table named _relatives and you could add questions and answers about Aunt Mary and other relatives.
  In the test debug section you can follow Hal's logic in the bottom section.
Carl2