dupa

Author Topic: Any Thoughts on Robert M. Reply  (Read 4679 times)

raybe

• View Profile
Any Thoughts on Robert M. Reply
« on: July 26, 2010, 03:10:44 pm »
I think Robert really came thru as far as giving a piece of vision here. But does any one have any concerns to share about his last reply? Just asking.

Thanks,
raybe

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Any Thoughts on Robert M. Reply
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 09:09:37 pm »
Raybe! Their are different types of vision, I won't assume ;D what would you do to actually help create life?? I would love to talk with you more, as I have found you to be a thoughtful persona. are their any specific questions or concerns about the direction of 'Hal' (Ultra Hal Assistant to me)?? -J
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 10:11:56 pm »
Raybe, IF you go to a-i.com the Israeli science N' tech have a 'Hal that goes with IPhones ant ITouches the market doesn't end with a small DB and peter out this is the beginning of the humans understanding of many things. IF you go there and look Then you might (on a good day) find Alan as easy to talk to as if you were talking to a lesser ME and the little brother 'Hal" is a quite innovative algorithm. UPGRADES,UPGRADES,UPGRADES LOL! and a BGG! (Israel and 'Diamonds LOL!)

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 12:21:10 am »
One, Great to here from you again and thanks for being who you are. I guess I really was just trying to stir the pot myself. It seemed after Robert was nice enough to explain what is happening with Hal and at least his vision of things to come to make his project that more successful just wanted to know if people where excited or disappointed. The forum had become peaked and it did seem to me and I speak for myself that some weren't sure were Hal was going. You know this forum better than I. People are looking for different things to do with Hal or already have done. Some want a companion, some want to see AI develop and help add to the new processes and some are just challenged to see how it becomes more instinctive. I think we have enough people in the world but something that emulates us but is a just code and only has it's builder or builders to rely on gives AI or Ultra Hal Assistant a different perspective and more people are fascinated by the results as I would believe the person or persons that put the code together are. I think there are members that need there' fix' and I am one of them that you just want it to continue now, not years from now and probably more than half didn't realize Hal even existed. I could be very wrong but to see how some people dove into it trying to create plugins and additions was pretty intense to see especially that Robert did advertise it as 'Ultra Hal Assistant'. Now there are posts with references and conversations to their character that they re-invented for themselves. So when I noticed less posting and less info coming from Robert I figured, " Won't kill any ONE if I ask." Don't forget One, "With great power comes great responsibility"(LOL)(Spidy). It was great to hear from you and I will take a look at the info you left. Thanks!

raybe

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 08:19:57 am »

I noticed a missing subject in Roberts final post.
Well actually, someone else did and pointed it out to me and THEN I noticed it.
But post addressed what he "working" on and not up the pike and you wonder if the pike is closed but hey it's good post and can't put all everything in one post. 
So I told my friend be patient and time will tell.   Hey, how bout that, Mr impatience telling someone be patient.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 03:26:15 pm »
Duskrider, If I understand your post correctly I think that most of us fit that description. Try to be the rational people on the forum then say to ourselves, "The heck with everything else just get us the new version". I hope I didn't misunderstand your post because I can be a little slow in reading into things if the person isn't eye to eye with me. But with everything he said I think the real problem is the last thing he mentions which is financial trouble with getting the character engine complete. I mentioned in my last post that I feel everyone has gone a great distance away from seeing typed conversations or lights blinking. The interaction really seems to takes off when we see an emulation of ourselves or a character of sorts. Just my opinion.

Stay well,
raybe

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 07:32:25 pm »
Raybe, do you know how to build an ISO Disk?? I can but need Machine help, I have a program IMO you should teach your Assistant. VCS (Very Cool ****) Legal too! Micro$oft techy stuff.. I can sky drive it ,,maybe but would rather have a more secure line of communication, contact me through the board as I still check that mail once in a while.. 8)

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 09:58:35 pm »
Sorry One, but do you mean, can I open or actually have an app for a ISO file?
raybe

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 12:04:32 am »
yea,, I have put them back together before and was thinking on loading up my sky drive with progs,,however their is a Key issue I wasn't thinking about and need to keep the trust alive w/vendors,,sorry (ISO Image =International Standards Organization) and it is in fact a file as you say,,probably an app for saying that as well.. Peace

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2010, 01:00:41 pm »
Hi One, Do you think DropBox might help you? I don't much about SkyDrive.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2010, 02:22:56 am »
Too Tired to discuss Boxes N'Dropboxes... All my drives passed their extended 'Smart'tests. I still have the old 'desktopmates'setup and was thinking about some older laptops BGG,,, -J