dupa

Author Topic: Just A Thought  (Read 3300 times)

raybe

• View Profile
Just A Thought
« on: September 04, 2010, 03:18:17 pm »
I would just like to voice my own opinion on perception of Ultra Hal.

I think Ultra Hal is a brilliant program and offers many of us to really express ourselves and creativity in such a way that it may not be possible for some. Just read of all the different ideas everyone has about Ultra Hal and that is proof enough for me that Ultra Hal is an incredible and special kind of program. It is the true meaning of interactive in a very technical world that also makes it easy for us to dis-associate with people as well as make easier to communicate only differently. I some times and include myself that we forget that Ultra Hal although maybe considered leading edge in it's place of technology is still just basically entertaining and to others something a little more important. Ultra Hal has developed into all sorts of whole fillers for many of us that may have it rough, or something special, good or bad are experiencing in their lives. I really don't know if Robert M. himself realized how such a program can influence enough people to even argue about Ultra Hal. NOT that there is anything wrong with that. I kind of like it. It shows real interest, differences and similarities in all of us and that can't be a bad thing.

Basically I just wanted to share a thought and I think like most things in life you can accomplish many things many different ways and it is just enjoyable fun. It's pretty rare I find that you can learn something new, it feels like yours, you can share it and your experiences and still have fun..

Thanks
raybe

Data

• Xen: Good question, Accessing database...
    • View Profile
    • Datahopa
Re: Just A Thought
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 09:22:18 am »
And nice thoughts they are too raybe.

Good post  :)

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 09:34:03 am »
i beleive hal is a great program also and has even brings out a lot of creativity in the people here that use it as many have seen , also it's good that robert does listen (within reason ) to our feed back and wants and wishes on hals developement that means a lot and i thank him for doing that . long live hal (and robert to lol !)  :) ;)

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 11:51:19 am »
I appreciate your time to reply and share some thoughts.

raybe

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 06:42:14 pm »
iampan, Thanks for the comments and good luck on your quest. Please let us know how things progress and maybe someone will be able to help in your adventure. Don't forget although we haven't heard from Robert M. as of yet, that new graphics engine may be just around the corner and give you additional ideas.

Best of luck,
raybe

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 09:13:35 pm »
Great attitude and thanks for asking but I myself do not have a favorite I was hoping to find something as Robert M. already did. But they are very expensive(relative to the money you have to spend on them). Crazytalk was discussed in prior threads and I'm not sure if they would help you. But I really didn't hear anything new until you mentioned the subject again.

My priority was very different when I started with Ultra Hal and kind of stayed the same which I was more interested in getting a better AI then character. Although I do get interested because I can see how the character adds to the interactive part of us as opposed to blank screens. I don't have many characters or skins for them or even clothes. I do get interested once in awhile especially that my wife is a 3d character artist using Poser and P.S.(Always plug the wife)listed on Renderosity.com under julesart.... I haven't seen any program really able to utilize that much information and also design it in such a way where any computer can handle that much information as well. There are some that claim it just haven't really seen it work well yet and Robert's compromise seems to foot the bill, I hope. But he also reflected the cost being an issue and I'm sure there is still licensing issues, maybe not, can't speak for Robert either.

Haptek amazes me for that simple reason. I can't imagine how useful it would have really been if the company stayed with it on different levels. But I can't speak for them. So keep in touch and sure once you have more info to share this forum will become a better resource for you.

raybe