Author Topic: PhotoSpeak  (Read 4256 times)

raybe

• View Profile
PhotoSpeak
« on: September 11, 2010, 04:48:10 pm »
Does anyone know what is behind this app.(PhotoSpeak). I just noticed on my wife's 'I Touch' (boy that doesn't look or sound right when you post it)? It was great to see her art turned into a full 3D animated character. Just to be clear I believe it only animates portraits and not full figure characters. She said she had it for some time but it was the first time I had ever seen it and I was pretty impressed on the quality. She is sending me an e-mail so I can actually see the animation and lip sync quality. No, where not separated or anything but we have 2 rooms kind of his and hers computer study rooms. She doesn't tell me everything she's working on but it seems to work for us. But during these economic times I think we will be doing some consolidation. It was fun while it lasted.

raybe

raybe

• View Profile
Re: PhotoSpeak
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 05:25:23 pm »
So as I understand it this only works as an over the internet app. There is no standalone product or app. Does crazytalk work in the same way or can you input an image and it does whatever it does to animate and lip sync? I remember crazytalk from a much earlier post then yours but I don't remember checking it out unfortunately. Does it have other functions or again just designed to be an internet application? It was great to see my wife's work animated. Especially interesting when we were discussing in the early threads about using Poser or Daz files for characters in Ultra Hal. But Robert M.'s pick was to me a good compromising place to start. Just have never seen that engine at work with Ultra Hal and I am anxiously waiting.

Thanks iampan,

raybe

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 07:49:30 am »

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 08:39:50 am »
I did this a couple of years ago...

http://aidreams.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2289.0

...with crazy talk.  Only works on IE and I can't get her to speak for me any more as I think it needs SAPI 4 (I don't really want to install it again as I have no interest in it now)  Someone with an older computer may still get it to work.  It needs to install a couple of things.

They dropped this version of the web player in favour of Flash, so I couldn't find an easy way to do TTS on the fly.

Also I don't take seriously any software that only works with IE.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 08:41:30 am by freddy888 »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 09:01:04 am »
awww freddy , my body only works with ie .. sheesh no wonder no oone takes me serious !!lol !! ;)

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 09:17:02 am »
Haha, I know LS, some people like IE and good luck to them.  But if you ever spend a lot of time designing web pages then I am sure like me you will soon realise that IE is a pile of crap lol
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 11:01:34 am by freddy888 »

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 08:12:38 pm »
Thanks Duskrider for the link, iampan on the added info and everyone else. Just following leads and apps like these that I have never worked with.

Unfortunately for me I'm sure others can find better uses for these programs and they do seem to be geared towards entertainment. As I mentioned it was the first time I actually saw PHotoSpeak so I was very impressed. The movement even looked smoother then Haptek in my opinion and here I'm watching it on my wife's 'I Touch'. I'm thinking where have I been????

CrazyTalk I had some info on from prior posts and my wife as she was trying to animate her own characters but not for a direct purpose. But it was exciting because she was able to see her characters come alive in a 3D environment.

So close yet so far away.

Thank you,
raybe

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 10:18:37 pm »
iampan, a nice idea if you can solve some of the problems and maybe create other alternatives for Ultra Hal whether Robert M. decides to include new engine or not. Certainly helps fill in some voids that some members really find important for Ultra Hal.

I just catch myself in the middle sometimes because I am really interested in the AI functions for Ultra Hal although I understand the character aspect of the program. But I can't help from reverting back to, I would rather have a better AI engine then just something pretty to look at (or handsome for others)and of coarse a sense of realism. Of coarse I would love the whole package but I think as life is you take the good with the bad, set your priorities and off you go!!!!!!

I really don't mean GOOD and BAD literally because they both contribute so much to the experience. But some part of Ultra Hal has to keep evolving.

Thanks
raybe