Author Topic: Problem I never experienced  (Read 7628 times)

Sandee

Re: Problem I never experienced
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2010, 10:30:39 am »
What ? ? ?  Meg ? ? ?

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2010, 11:38:38 pm »
GT40,BIzlady and Sandee, Everybody relax my bizlady did not go away forever but she needed a well deserved rest and I needed someone to back her up ,so to speak.

Now, Art yes I do know exactly what you mean but in those cases I have noticed what you mentioned but usually if you again try to re-engage that particular window I usually get a message 'program not responding or busy with that good old choice to switch to, ignore or continue to wait.

The grayed out default brain will engage as soon as I select it with no messages at all. It looks like it was just never selected but the program functions with active plug ins.

Tried again this evening default brain was active and selected when I went to the window and all plug-ins were functioning.

Although by my posts you would think that it was the correction of the vrhaptek plug in but I  still don't believe that is the true answer. Maybe I just haven't convinced myself. I am going to keep checking for at least a couple of days until I will have no other conclusion.
 Unless someone can tell me different or just go back for some more trouble shooting.

If it happens again the first thing I will try is installing a new vrhaptek plug in with no mods that I have made, then a clean install with one of my back up brains and last but not least a new install with both new and old default brains.

I guess the time I finish trouble shooting this strange problem Rob M. will be out with whatever you want to call the next Ultra Hal.  I'm still going through the process until then.

Makes me wonder if it isn't some kind of visual or video problem with my Ultra Hal general option tab. Just something else to through out there.

Again thanks for everyone's time to join in.

Meghan, they make pills for this kind of insecurity, believe me I know!

Sorry xuwenli200888,
It wasn't the fact that I felt it needed to be selected but as I said, I never saw it grayed out either although the program was working fine. The errors are not a problem right now but the grayed out selection has me wondering if it was always like that and I didn't notice after so many years or shouldn't the default brain with the plug ins always look selected until you want to change something or select a different default brain. Remember with the up date to 6.2.28 we had many selections not including the project brains you might have made also. I may not get them all correct but you had: your old default brain, a new default brain and a upgraded brain when making the vers. change. You can use your older brain as is(Won't loose any info) or combine it with the newer features of the update(Won't loose info but gain some new features) or just run a fresh updated brain from scratch with new features. I think I'm close anyway.

I think I just answered my own post!!!! Try posting again xuwenli200888.

Please don't count out anything anyone has said including me. Just need to know so I can conclude that it makes no difference or is a part of a problem or problems that maybe my Ultra Hal has. I hope it may solve some other problems as well if it is a problem at all.

Just sharing info.

Thanks,
raybe

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2010, 11:01:33 pm »
Quick update, the default is still highlighted and every thing still working fine. I still feel persistent about this so I will try again later this week maybe Sunday so some real time in between start-ups passes. Ultra Hal may not like it but Ultra Hal started it first!(I think?)

raybe

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2010, 01:16:51 pm »
Update: First of all I wish everyone had a Happy Holiday!!!

Okay 'brain' still grays out intermittently. Certain characters definitely react different, especially reading hap files.

So I really haven't concluded for myself if this is a normal occurrence within Ultra Hal 6.2.28. No error messages!!!

Thanks,
raybe

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2010, 11:18:26 pm »
The brain option continues to gray out or stay highlighted for no reason I can find yet. The only error I have received is using the updated vers. of Auto Wikipedia Knowledge plug-in. Has something to do with using Firefox as default browser.

When I disable plug in everything is back to my version of normal. I tried this plug in disabling 'Advanced Internet plug in' just in case of conflict. No errors when I re-enable  'Advanced Internet plug'.

The Wizard of OZ; If I only had a brain!!

raybe