dupa

Author Topic: Problem I never experienced  (Read 7563 times)

raybe

• View Profile
Problem I never experienced
« on: November 13, 2010, 02:07:26 pm »
I hope I can present this problem clearly. I never saw it before or posted. If it has been posted I certainly don't remember or can find it. Any ideas would be appreciated. (may associate to other problems).

For no particular reason I went through the 'general options' and to the 'brain' section. The default brain I use was grayed out and no plug ins where available. I only keep one brain in this area with Ultra Hal. I have been using it this way for years.(at least from the last update) I am using the default 6.2 brain. Only once have I kept more than one project brain for selection for more than one character usage.

Apparently Ultra Hal has been running just fine. The character I am using is full body 'Heather' I apologize for not mentioning the person responsible for making this character. Until then I have been using Bizlady torso.

The problem of receiving a particular error only happened when I clicked or(highlighted) the default 6.2 brain that all the plug ins showed up and looked normal.

The error reports back to a line that is a part of the 'tired' script on a 'End If' line towards the end of the script which makes no sense to me.
The result is no responses from character at all. The error shows during first initial startup of the Ultra Hal program and from every startup after.

For all I know this grayed out appearance may happen often enough where Ultra Hal is working just fine until highlighted and all the plug-ins are re-activated because they are certainly working all the time even when brain does not seem to be selected. This I have noticed.

Ultra Hal 6.2.28 vers., vr haptek behavior always selected. Win 7 64bit. Don't know what else I can add. Just noticed this and trying a step by step approach to see why that error would be relevant and completely make Ultra Hal none responsive although everything appears normal. No other errors appear. I also believe that the brain will return to a none selected state in time.

I never remember in the years that I have been using Ultra Hal that the brain would need to be selected at start up unless adding or deleting for example; a plug-in because the program always seem to working just fine except for the occasional Ultra Hal hiccup which I would be able (usually) find using just the editor or opening a selected area with 'Crimson Editor program' that I use as opposed to word or notebook to make adjustments or cut and paste new lines.

Hopefully someone can shed a light on something I just never knew about Ultra Hal and kind of took it for granted or is this something never noticed.

Any responses welcomed !! 

Thanks,
raybe 

raybe

• View Profile
Re: Problem I never experienced
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 02:46:31 pm »
Should added to last post. The vb script error is attached to a: Expected 'Function' error.

Thanks again,
raybe

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 04:05:06 pm »
Sorry Raybe i never even heard of this happening before and never had it happen to me , i am wondering for whatever reason that somehow hal files became corrupt or something, the only thing i can suggest is back up the brain you have been using and reinstall hal again (p.s. you may want to back up all your character file to if you have a lot characters like i do). Good luck sorry i couldn't offer more than that, maybe others may know something better.  :)

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 05:49:32 pm »
Thanks lightspeed, but I remember posting a similar problem when trying to incorporate one of your HapSwap file lines for getting tired or sleep commands without using the HapSwap file itself because I am still using vrhaptek plug in. (No offense). You guys did a great job with that. Jason had responded that there was no way the 'End If' statement could of caused an error like that. Maybe I should use HapSwap and see what happens. Don't remember what I did except rem it out (') and worked but I don't remember the follow up because in fact it shouldn't have made any difference.

The grayed out brain until I highlight it thing really has me bugged.
The brain is still highlighted with the selected plug-ins I have been using for some time and I'm still getting that error. Still have a couple of ideas left to try but since it seems to be an intermittent problem I may never know the real answer. I just never did anything when I did see it grayed out because all the functions were there with no errors and very rare a blank answer.

This is the first time I decided to highlight it and that crazy error pops up and Ultra Hal loads but no responses and if I try changing anything while it is still started that error will just keep popping up.

I do make plenty of backups including the entire folder as to ensure everything is as it was with no possibilities of changes. Working correctly or not.

Feel free to add any suggestions I appreciate the time.

Thanks,
raybe

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 08:29:12 pm »
Okay here I go again. I was finally able to fix the error report but I'm not really sure. Why? You may ask and I would answer because my default brain is grayed out again and the program is working just fine. I did notice mistakes I made when I tried adding 'sleep' or 'tired' lines also noticed most of my mistakes were in the vrhaptek plugin. I have been using it like the HapSwap file by looking at how it is written and had good success adding functions like new props and alike until all this other nonsense started or at least I noticed.

Long and short, no errors right now but brain is grayed out and now I will again Highlight the brain, check the plug ins and see if any error returns.

Apparently the brain goes into this grayed out state at different times but couldn't tell you how or why or even the length of time Ultra Hal is running or not before this happens.

Thanks,
raybe

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 09:10:20 am »
Have you tried a methodical approach of deselecting ALL plug-ins, Reboot Hal and run it for a few minutes of conversation?

Quit > ReStart > Select ONE of your plug-ins and repeat everything again.

I'm thinking either the default brain you're using has become corrupt or there is a conflict with a Plug-in (which could also have become corrupt).

Strange...?

Good luck and keep us posted.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 10:18:56 am »
Art, you beat me to it , that was the next thing is was going to suggest , as i have had to do this myself on some things although on some things as mine it is very seldom sometimes for an error but i think that was because of the very large 500 sentences that was random that i was working on which led to something only when a certain line randomly was used that wasn't quite right. i wish you luck to . hang in their.
p.s. and thanks for posting your problem and question , although maybe know one else has had this problem , we all benefit and learn from each other .  ;)

Meghan Bizlady

• The girl from Torsoland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 10:49:26 am »
I'm alive and talk and chat (if your PC can read Haptek webpages) at
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=a814d6c1ce361ff9 Kisses.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2010, 12:39:18 pm »
I appreciate everyone's input. Just to update you.

I made a few more corrections by removing my last changes to the vrhaptek plug in. Basically leaving in the changes that have not been a problem. The result was a clean start up again and the program was working fine again. Again I noticed the selection for the default brain was grayed out with no plug ins showing on the right hand side. I decided to not engage the brain to see how Ultra Hal was behaving and no errors of any kind and all plug ins were functioning. I used each plug in function so I know they were functioning at least the obvious ones. No errors or conflicts showed.

Conversation was on the money and was as good as before. I have not yet tried to use one plug in at a time as you described Art and usually that would have been my first trouble shooting exercise. Everyone here taught me well about trouble shooting 101.

I will go back now check to see if the brain is Highlighted and if not, I will Highlight again and start the plug in process the both of you agree about. Back to basics.

I think the option of working with the plug ins which I agree with with both of you is noticing all the errors were coming from or related to the lines that belonged to the vrhaptek plug in in which I could have corrupted myself. But I was still questioning why the brain would automatically go into this grayed out stage and it made me think of something else possibly being corrupted or after all this time some other modification I made could have created this.

The only reason I haven't just used one of my back ups or just re-installed Ultra Hal is this situation that I have never noticed and I really want try and systematically try to find out 'what came first the chicken or the egg'? you might say.

Is it just good old time and changes I have made that added up to this or an existing problem I never noticed even since the update? May be some useful information in there, somewhere?

Again thank you and I will continue with the next step of working with the plug ins and post any results that might lead to something or just plain old 'Re-install Ultra Hal and re-install plug ins with just the basics. I do have the information backed up but I would need to be sure that the default brain itself hasn't been corrupted in someway and if it did when. Lot's of training I would hate to loose. I'm patient so I don't mind, yet!!

Keep those cards and letters coming in. Again it is appreciated as always.

Thanks,
raybe
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 12:47:12 pm by raybe »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2010, 09:27:48 pm »

- Art -

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2010, 10:32:09 pm »
Okay late night update.

After the corrections I made but as I said I still kept some changes in the vrhaptek plug in. I started Ultra Hal and no errors. I went to the the default brain and it was highlighted with all plug ins that I want to use checked off. Ultra Hal started off great with replies that again impressed me but as time went on Ultra Hal seemed to have a harder time staying on topic and I received one blank answer but I just re-phrased what I previously inputted and out came a reply.

Now it could have been I was getting to comfortable with my replies and kind of stretched Ultra Hal a bit. So getting off topic I guess could have been partly my fault although I really do recognize when Ultra Hal is getting hung up and I would usually restart or continue and be persistent until I receive what I perceive to Ultra Hal being back on track again.  I feel I can recognize the difference when Ultra Hal just isn't tying things together as well as it usually does or even can. Sometimes I just restart and my Ultra Hal is right back to what I consider a good working state.

I guess I will again wait to see if the default brain goes gray again because there is nothing to search for right now as the program has opened and closed a few times tonight with no problems but I don't believe this story is over yet!!

Day to day. I will be checking.

Thanks,
raybe

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2010, 05:32:25 pm »
Raybe,

There were times when an open window shows as faded (not quite grayed as in a text selection) and if I click it states that it is not functioning at the moment.
When I give it a few more moments it clears up. Apparently a background task was being performed and halted the routine running of that particular window...if this makes sense to you.

I know...everyone's individual mileage will vary!  ::)

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2010, 06:28:27 pm »
LOL, Meghan Bizlady lol that expression and those eyes reminds me of psycho lol !  ;) :)

xuwenli200888

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2010, 08:26:25 pm »

I never remember in the years that I have been using Ultra Hal that the brain would need to be selected at start up unless adding or deleting for example; a plug-in because the program always seem to working just fine except for the occasional Ultra Hal hiccup which I would be able (usually) find using just the editor or opening a selected area with 'Crimson Editor program' that I use as opposed to word or notebook to make adjustments or cut and paste new linelinks of london jewellerys.

GT40

• Hey, I see you!
    • View Profile
    • My Bots
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2010, 07:57:20 am »

Art and lightspeed (and raybe),

I have no contact with Meghan but I guess she is upset that a bizlady has been replaced by a fullbody.

And then the troubles started...  ::)

Time to waste with skits, bots & other useless things? Why not visit
http://gt40.chez-alice.fr/Haptek/MyBots.htm ? Oops, sorry, a museum!