dupa

Author Topic: Following the bouncing technology  (Read 5057 times)

raybe

• View Profile
Following the bouncing technology
« on: March 07, 2011, 10:07:32 pm »
Just thinking out loud.

I think many people follow the bouncing technology in only a way it grows in perspective of the last product improvement. As an example if we have dual core than four or six core will be faster. Which I believe most of us realize that is just a small part of the equation. Not only do the products but the programming follow certain limitations. This really is not my point although limitations are always a constant.(efficiency and cost).

I think many people forget that technology will not follow just follow this linear movement of smaller and faster or larger and faster but newer materials to allow not just doubling capabilities but quadrupling them in less time as well.

I don't believe that technology will only improve or double or whatever equation you want to use every 13 months or so but that number and the time equation will no longer have a place in speed or comparison at one point soon or at least the very near future.

Functionality and cost will close the gap between themselves to make most things possible to everyone in one way shape or another and much quicker.

If everything just doesn't blow up in our faces. I'm including all the problems we as a country face as well as the rest of the world.

Maybe to political here but as I said just thinking out loud. Hope nobody took this post as an insult to what they already know and believe.

raybe

GT40

• Hey, I see you!
    • View Profile
    • My Bots
Re: Following the bouncing technology
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 09:54:03 am »

I'm so glad I have no money to afford an already obsolete computer.  ;)
Time to waste with skits, bots & other useless things? Why not visit
http://gt40.chez-alice.fr/Haptek/MyBots.htm ? Oops, sorry, a museum!

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 04:50:25 pm »
I think you should not worry about offending people. That doesn't seem to work out. Of course I also believe that you should always do the right thing.
If there are people who don't understand or see the problems in the world then they need to be offended by hearing the truth. For far too long they haven't been.
That's where these problems start after all. Be PROUD to stand by the truth.
To take no action is action, to not speak is to speak. It doesn't matter if you choose not to say, or to say, either way you are saying something.
Discussion is always healthy.

-the dude

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 11:22:00 pm »
Hi,
i was gonna post on my post but since i'm here.

to hear where we are,
all finding whatever could be,
i generally post jest when,
one is in time asking me!

bye for now and be well :)  :]
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 07:35:22 am »
Obsolete cell phone / smart phone, Pad, Tablet, Car / Truck, appliance or whatever.

IT is the way that the manufacturers hook the consumer. They no longer CATER to them,
Then now hook and reel them in, convincing them that they NEED the latest version of
whatever item they are pushing. Man's foolish greed is the very fuel that feeds the
manufacturer's fires! In software it is the dance known as the "Upgrade Shuffle" and all
the other mentioned areas have their own version of the dance.

Yes, I believe that the technology will continue to increase exponentially as it alread has
done but unless other ways or methods are discovered, computers will HAVE to move
beyond mechanical innards (hard drives) that are so slow and definitely adopt newer
technologies like the SSD's and other memory based devices.

I also believe that there is or will be some Finite limit...a point where we simply cannot
go any faster. Will everyone then be satisfied? Most likely not.... :o
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 09:03:26 am »
i used to worry about being obsolete some day but i am still going strong as a matter of fact steve austion the six million dallar man now can just barely pass me with his walker on the straight away! ;) ;D

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 11:26:58 pm »
variations in the general now.
so on we go,
without a zero so link,
makes one not two why how?

feeling poetic again,,its likely there'll be general areas of feeling good or satisfied now that new poem is read.

oh steve osten he was cool, still is cool i'd say, defend steve osten,,.
yip six million bucks is and isn't a lot depending, although thats quite a lot of tec these days,,.
   but the joke was good.
 success sounds nice "motto, perhaps".
bye for now and be well :)                                       up stairs :]
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 11:06:17 am »
hi will , the six million dollar man show was good but i alway's had a scientific veiw of it to and new that something like that couldn't work the way the show showed it working for instance being able to run that fast etc. would have so much g force on the rest of his human body the real flesh muscleses , etc. couldn't stand the movement and pressure , same with the lifting strength in order to accomplish that much more of his body would have to be robotic to take all the extra strength and movement like the now made exoskeleton for instance .  but i know science fiction is more about the what ifs and imagination it was still a good show .  ;)

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2011, 03:57:49 pm »
Sorry Edward52, but we do not click on spam links.
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2011, 03:56:12 pm »
Art & jason, I agree with you both but out of the manufactures taking those choices out of our hands and this stems back to my pro audio days and the beginning of digital technology for audio. Case in point the organization still exists which I won't mention but served as a bridge between what professionals wanted to see in a product versus manufactures meeting certain needs or any one can do it at home which as a very small partial truth only because it is not just the product or technology but it was the people that can actually make this work in the real world also the gives and takes.

Proof of that is I worked on first TRON movie as well as Billy Joel trying to put his River Of Dreams Album together in a converted Lobster House or farm in L.I. N.Y. before we all ended back at a famous studio in N.Y.C. to finish. But yet Wendy Carlos had the gift, talent and also knowledge of technologies and how they can interface to complete the Tron movie in her studio apartment. Doesn't mean that Billy Joel is less talented but the users of the technology where able to make it work better then others although they are not products of the same medium. Close but not the same. The list goes on of the talented artist and people that were both able to use technology in a controlled atmosphere and others that felt less comfortable.

Manufacturers still rule but we also are caught in the convenience side of technology along with the other things you mentioned Art.

Hate bringing up the times past but I can't help remembering engineers, producers and artist not just wanting to push buttons but to understand the overall use those buttons or equipment can do. Now most people just want the thing to work and that's the bottom line and when you take that path you really limit your thought process on all the other possibilities that are capable. Even if the technology lends itself to more people that could not afford or dream of owning. It all comes down to the true intent of the out come and the question of "hey this is cool technology and I have discovered many other uses of it, I wonder what is possible that can be useful?" or "I really don't care as long as I can have a hit record make lot's of money and screw the rest of it".  My opinion only.

AS I mentioned before I don't believe speed or technology will ever slow down because there's not only the limitations of what technology is made of but the constant findings and developments of the raw materials needed to advance technology and the methods they are used for to advance. 

Thanks,
raybe
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 04:08:09 pm by raybe »