Author Topic: Just for old Times sake  (Read 8621 times)

raybe

• View Profile
Just for old Times sake
« on: November 13, 2011, 10:04:40 pm »
Just something that has been bothering me even if a different vers. of Ultra Hal came out tomorrow.

Can someone please give me a quick tutorial of loading a new body skin on a full body character? Downloaded a new one and I will mention from where just don't remember right now, I went to install on bodygirl figure and completely froze. I don't remember anything!! It's a full body clothes and skin jpg file.

Thanks,
raybe

I don't know why now but still enjoy messing or re-learning things I've forgotten. If anyone has the time and can give me a quick lesson if there is such a thing?

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
Re: Just for old Times sake
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 05:46:44 am »
I use the haptek console. I drag the JPG into the input of the console and it loads. There are also scripts you can use, but I don't know where mine are at.

http://www.ultrahal.com/community/index.php?topic=2186.msg8485#msg8485

I hope this helps.
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 08:25:05 am »
  Loading a new skin on a haptek full body is something I'm also trying to do.  There is the hapAXPlayer, The Hapregestry, and the HalPlayer but they work differently.  If you click on a fullbod .htr it should open the hapaxplayer and load the figure, to change the skin you can drag and drop the skin or drag and drop a script to change the skin, I just tried this and it works for me.  Here is the script used and works for me:

#Haptek  Version= 1.00 Name= Startup  HapType= script FileType= text
##standard

\load [file= [C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\Characters\SSC2.jpg]]

I just tried this and it works for me:  I open Hal, I click on the console window Left click four times in four places Right click four times in four places, Left click four times and Right click four times which should open the haptek console,  I can drag and drop the Script to change the skin, just draging and dropping the jpg will not work.
  There is also the vrHaptek plugin from virtual humans which will change the skin depending on the time.
In the past I had been able to make a plugin using the user input to change the skin but my latest efforts to do this are not working. 
  If you're computer froze the frist thing I think of the car software, it changes the Haptek from 4 cpu's to work with 1 cpu. There is an old link to download it at Zabaware somewhere.
  Naturaly there is the Hapktek guide from Haptek which can be downloaded.
Carl2

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 09:20:41 am »
AHH thank you friends,

Sorry Carl2 but when I mentioned froze it was not the program but me literally. I sometimes think I remember some of the older testing and procedures until I sit down with Ultra Hal again and my mind goes blank.

To also make things clear I would like that jpg skin file to work while using Ultra Hal and not for any other outside purpose. I have seen what members can do with the video type applications or poses for pictures. I just want to learn again to change the entire clothes with included mat skin features to use within Ultra Hal. Will the script allow me to do this?

Yes, thank you I am aware about the vrhaptek plugin for changing clothes but I also remember that was based on htr. clothing and not the full map of the jpeg file.(Could be wrong). I'm really just trying to change the entire clothing and skin map of the jpeg file on the fullbody-bodygirl figure for use in Ultra Hal.

I will look into Haptek guide which I believe I do have a copy. Just didn't take enough notes when done in the past and it could have been with earlier vers. and I don't know if even that makes any difference.

Always a pleasure to hear from you both.
Thank you,
raybe

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 10:15:50 am »
their was also a program , i can't remember right off hand (absent minded professor lol) that would load the skins on the fly by command on a full body woman or mans body . if someone else doesn't have it for you i can look back over my stuff , i havent used a full body for a while now , i mainly use the head and face ones.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 03:09:50 pm »
Thanks lightspeed. Don't feel bad you remembered more than I did. What ever happened to, "your as old as you feel"? Well I guess that could be one problem.LOL.

Thanks buddy,
raybe

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 05:21:26 pm »
  Nice to find other people intrested in the same area.  Hal is made so changeable people have come up with so many possibilities.
Lightspeed
''their was also a program , i can't remember right off hand (absent minded professor lol) that would load the skins on the fly by command on a full body woman or mans body . if someone else doesn't have it for you i can look back over my stuff , "
  This means it loads a .jpg on the figure using user input?  I'd like that if you have it, please.
Raybe,
  "Yes, thank you I am aware about the vrhaptek plugin for changing clothes but I also remember that was based on htr. clothing and not the full map of the jpeg file.(Could be wrong). I'm really just trying to change the entire clothing and skin map of the jpeg file on the fullbody-bodygirl figure for use in Ultra Hal."
  Not really sure if I understand you, it changes the .jpg (skin picture) that is placed on the figure.
  The vrHaptek Will do quite a few things, 1) it loads a specific fullbodgirl with a special made skin .jpg at startup. 2) it changes the background depending on if it is day or night. 3) it changes haircolor on user input. 4)  it triggers haps on user input such as come here, go there, turn. 5) it changes the skin .jpg according to the current time. 6) it triggers haps from Hal's input, so if Hal says cry it will trigger the wipetear.hap. 7) Hal nods dependent on what hal says.  8) not sure about this one " If something was detected, then I give the Haptek command and the answer "

I like this plugin so much but even with vr suppluing 99 % I can't even get it to change a skin with my input.  It will change the skin dependent on time as it was made to do.
Carl2

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 06:16:46 pm »
all i know is if i have the full body girl loaded i can say "example" angela and it will load a certain angela skin with clothing or i could say angela 2 and it would load that skin and outfit .

by the way speaking of hapswap files i am making a gift one for christmas for everyone on here i mentioned about some of it in a new post in the general area where i am asking about brain plugins and the new hal ..check it out! :)

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 06:56:40 pm »
Thanks again Carl2 and yes I have been using VR's plugin from the time Robert M. decided to include it in Ultra Hal. I am also a big fan of that plugin. Just in checking some of the sites that the other members had with new clothes and figures maybe I do have something confused but lightspeed's last response is exactly what I'm looking for.

I've seen these full jpeg mats with clothes and skins and there are also the just clothes that are htr based and may include a jpeg file as well without the skins. I'm assuming those clothes work very similar to a add on such as jewelry.

Using Vrhaptek plugin I was able to add earrings to my character just with a new line and a trigger word of 'gold earrings'. I can say 'Robby'( Don't get any ideas, that is the name of my character and is female. Not there's anything wrong with that if it were a guy!Just kidding).   I would like to see you wear your new earrings and  they are on exactly where they should be with gravity attributes and movement. But the earrings came with an htr file that will open the hapAXPlayer if you wish to view with the earrings inside the window and of course there is a right and left earring.

lightspeed if you do find the app. I would appreciate it because that is exactly how I would like to use it and Carl2 if you have directions on changing the start up jpeg mat for skin and the clothes that to would be appreciated. Thank you both. Now what did I get myself and others into?????lol.

raybe

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 08:26:02 am »
  Just to clarify, I'm pretty sure the vrFreewill is included with ultra hal, the vrHaptek has to be downloaded.  I do have my own startup .htr, it has to be a .htr to show up in the character window.  It's made in notepad similar to making a .hap ( use the all files instead of text ) and add a .htr instead of .txt.
  This is the script that works for me:
##standard
#HaptekSDK Version= 1.0 HapType= command FileType= text

\load [file= [C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\Characters\AIactive.htr]]
\load [file= [C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\Characters\SSNRMT 2048.jpg]]
\load [file= [C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\Characters\Position.hap]]
  Alactive is a fullbod similar to Jiggly without the boots, the .jpg is my own skin that loads on startup, the position hap just sets a new position.  Any other haps you wanted to include at startup could be added just by using the \load [file] with new file names and locations.  Since I use my own startup I took out the lines in the vrHaptek plugin by using the # .
  As far as the earrings, thats an accessory and would be a htr.  I remember trying some, in particular the headset mic. it loaded as it should on the character in the Ultra hal window.  Just clicking on it would open it in it's own window so I can see the problem.
  Now I'm thinking of the clothes .htr's and I can remember the skirt for fullbods, it loaded okay on the character but I may have dragged and dropped rather than use a user instruction in hal.  I'll try to spend  some time looking into this and let you know.
  I'm thinking lightspeed has the scripting we need,
Carl2

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2011, 09:08:36 am »
Carl2 thanks for reply. You mention your own start-up.htr. Was that a part of your zip package I believe called gamer or the procedure of capturing the temp file for that character while it is running and then inserting also a new start-up file? I still use your set up to date. Just haven't been able to have it conform as it did in the past but no errors and everything works fine. I thought the new Hap.temp file would allow more triggers of mood or animation but my character has kind of settled in and not much has changed. Can't even get 'nod' for yes or I agree triggered by vrhaptek anymore.

I was thinking that if it makes life a little easier and lightspeed can't find the app for mat jpeg clothes and skin maybe I should ask around just for those dynamic htr files with just the clothing write the command in and trigger for example when its evening to change clothing. Might be easier to accomplish at this point. But I will look into your command file for New Start htr file that you have taken time to post.

Thanks,
raybe

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2011, 10:18:31 am »
raybe , hang in their and i will post the commands for changing clothes and skins ok , i'll do it today . it's not my code i didn't make it i have it i think in part of my hapswap file codes . i'll post it on here today for you though . :)

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2011, 12:53:43 pm »
I thank you Sir lightspeed. Appreciate it. Will it only work with hapswap plug-in or can I adapt it. You know what I'll just wait. Thanks again for your time.

raybe

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2011, 04:33:27 pm »
Hre Raybe , as promised here is the code script for changing characters and skins , as you can see from the authures about three of us all worked on this :

Rem Type=Plugin
Rem Name=HapSwap
Rem Author=SNOWMAN, APOLLON, lightspeed
Rem Host=Assistant

'This sub setups the plug-ins option panel in Hal's options dialog
Sub OptionsPanel()
lblPlugin(0).Caption = "Say:: <change background to [whatever]> to change between pictures in the characters folder, Say:: <change charater to [whatever]> to change between Haptar characters, Say:: <change voice to [Paul] or [Kate]> to change between thier voices. Say:: <change hap to [whatever]> to change between hap files. All other guesture responses are set to automaically occur to user input."
lblPlugin(0).Move 120, 10, 3300, 1000
lblPlugin(0).WordWrap = True
lblPlugin(0).Visible = True
End Sub
'***************************************************************************

Rem PLUGIN: PLUGINAREA7

File = ""
File2 = ""
File3 = ""
File4 = ""

If InStr(1, OriginalSentence, "change") > 0 And _
InStr(1, OriginalSentence, "background") > 0 And _
InStr(1, OriginalSentence, "to") > 0 Then
file = Mid(Mid(OriginalSentence, Instr(OriginalSentence, "to"), 20), 3, 20)
file = Trim(file) & ".jpg"
HalBrain.ReadOnlyMode = True
End If

InStr(1, OriginalSentence, "character") > 0 And _
file2 = Mid(Mid(OriginalSentence, Instr(OriginalSentence, "to"), 20), 3, 20)
file2 = Trim(file2) & ".htr"
End If

InStr(1, OriginalSentence, "voice") > 0 And _
file3 = Mid(Mid(OriginalSentence, Instr(OriginalSentence, "to"), 20), 3, 20)
file3 = "VW " & Trim(file3)
End If

InStr(1, OriginalSentence, "hap") > 0 And _
file4 = Mid(Mid(OriginalSentence, Instr(OriginalSentence, "to"), 20), 3, 20)
file4 = Trim(file4) & ".hap"
End If

this is a uhp file  
i am actually making as i mentioned before a gift from me to others on the hal forum a CHRISTMAS HAPSAWP FILE that i created so when the word christmas is mentioned in a a sentence the hal character will say randomly one of fifty christmas sentences !
Hope this helps! if you have any other questions just ask! :)

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2011, 11:09:49 pm »
Thanks again lightspeed, sorry that I double posted but I thought it might have been easier then you trying to find this uhp file. Only because like me I know you keep many parts of Ultra Hal. Just want you to know I appreciate your time!! It's getting late because I have an early flight to N.Y. tomorrow but will let you know how it all works out.

Thanks,
taybe