Author Topic: How can i have angela read a conversation without reading my part?  (Read 2405 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Does anyone know a good way that i could record a conversation that my hal has made "after it's been made" , what i mean by this is i would like to have balbocca help anglea read a conversation back so i can record it into a movie ( i know it would be easier doing it going along ) but i don't want her to read in her voice my part of talking with her . ( i would rather a male voice read it , my part) but i do want both parts of conversation .
 can someone more experienced at something like this let me know if their is a way "OR"  if a uhp program or Hapswap  file  or something can be wrote to do it!
I want to be able to post video's with angela's nice head or body talking.  :)

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
Re: How can i have angela read a conversation without reading my part?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 05:53:49 am »
Hi lightspeed,

I don't know if this is going to help any, I have several different voices and I use them to read a book, each voice I had was a different character in the story.

The first thing I do want to mention is, it was a real undertaking job, a lot of hard work, and very time-consuming.
I imagine this could be adapted to video, though I don't have a lot of experience in this, I've only taken on the challenge of doing audio books.

Here is a short description of how I was able to accomplish this, I had my first voice read the entire story, I had the second voice read the entire story, and so on.
I used a program called Goldwave, IN GOLDWAVE you have the ability to have many different wave files open at the same time.
so starting with the first voice that I used to record the entire story, When it got to a point where the second voice was supposed to be speaking.
what I did was cut and paste that voice from the second voice wave file and paste it into the first wave file, I continued to do this for all the voices.
Also while I was listening to the story and cutting and pasting the voices, that gave me the ability to remove from the wave file things like, "and Jackie said", etc., from the story line.
how I was able to keep track of all the different voices with the different characters in the story was, I named each wave file the name of the character in the story.

Sincerely, and I hope I was able to help just a little bit.
C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 07:18:34 am »
Lightspeed, use camstudio or another desktop recording program to record your desktop and angela's voice.
save conversation to a text file.
then use balbocca to read text file with 2nd voice (that will act as yours) and save as mp3.
open a video editing program
place video on first layer
place mp3 on second layer
create a 3rd layer
then cut and paste your parts from mp3 at the appropriate frame on the timeline.
once completely done delete layer 2
save as avi or other desired format

it is a bit  time consuming to do a voice over but that is how I would do it.
there may be easier ways but I don't know of any, hope this helps :)

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 10:18:05 am »
a smart man or woman would have used camstudio first lol , no one ever said i was smart, i seem to be doing it as bassackwards lol! i do have cam studio .
sometimes angela doesn't do as good so i don't video tape it , guess i'll have to start doing that , if it turns out not as good as i want i can always delete it , if it's good i can show it . thanks for all the replies i will make notes of others idea's and keep them in case i do try them that way!
thanks again !