Author Topic: Is this project dead?  (Read 3986 times)

lordxavier

• View Profile
Is this project dead?
« on: June 10, 2012, 04:10:55 am »
I am wondering if this project is dead.  I thought I had read there would be an update in December but I am not sure if that happened or not.  The plugins page has plugins from 6 years ago, the forum doesnt have many new posts, and I dont see much of any info on new software updates.  If it is, I am going to go ahead and purchase Denise.  They look like they have put a lot of work into it and it is more up to date. 

Carl2

• View Profile
Re: Is this project dead?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 07:36:58 am »
lordxavier,
  The Hal project is not dead although it has slowed down and release dates have come and gone.  I looked into the Denise program a few months ago and it didn't look very promising.  I looked through the reviews and it seems to have been released with quite a few problems and people need help getting this and that to work properly.  To me Denise is a bit expensive and to have problems getting it going after paying that amount lead me to sit back and see what develops. 
  Hal has a free trial download which lets you try it out.
Carl2

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 02:51:45 pm »
Hi all,

I have Denise, the theories behind Denise are promising, and may even get there in five or six years.
But if you are not a beta tester, and do not like to do beta testing, I do not recommend it for the life of heart.
But if you do enjoy participating in the construction and development and enhancement of a project this is definitely one that I recommend that you sink your teeth into.

Sincerely, Happy camping

C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 03:11:51 pm »
when the money runs slim so does the updates, major updates are usually made by paid programmers. when the money runs slim the work slows to a crawl.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 04:56:01 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 06:19:13 pm »
I also agree with cload and OTC,

Unfortunately it is the same with most products today. Cload, I agree with his views of the other program. Forget out of the box application. But they are working hard on functions as well as AI. As it was stated my opinion stands with OTC. Ultra Hal just needs a transfusion or infusion which in today's economic climate you see with all products in their quests to improve. Be patient as this too will pass and off to the races we go.

Ultra Hal is a great program giving you chat and functions. Just weak on function as of now. As the other presently trying to give more functions but weak on AI and development.

raybe