dupa

Author Topic: Chatbot Battles Competition 2012  (Read 4317 times)

Mitsuku

• View Profile
Chatbot Battles Competition 2012
« on: April 25, 2012, 05:32:51 pm »
Calling all botmasters!

Sadly, the Chatterbox Challenge is no longer with us and the conditions for entering the Loebner Prize are prohibitive to most botmasters (especially to those outside the USA). This has left no way for most people with a chatbot to compare its performance against others.

To remedy this, I would like to announce the first in a series of Chatbot Battles, in which each entrant goes head to head with opponents in a league table/knockout format similar to the soccer World Cup. The main difference between this and other contests held in the past is that each entrant is judged on both question and answering abilities and also on how well they can carry out a normal conversation. Also, the bots do not have to pretend they are human to score extra marks. All chatbots are welcome to enter, whether they be web-based, downloadable, chatroom based or even Android apps.

Unfortunately, I do not have a sponsor and so the contest is currently just for bragging rights and kudos, although I may give some small prizes like T-shirts, mousemats and mugs away to the winners. If you would like to sponsor the competition, please contact me.

The closing date for entries is 1st June 2012 and the battles will start shortly afterwards.

Find out more at http://www.chatbotbattles.com

Let battle commence!

Mitsuku

• View Profile
Re: Chatbot Battles Competition 2012
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 08:14:39 am »
Just to let everyone know that Decadent Vapours (the sponsor of the CBC) have kindly donated $100 in prize money with a view to sponsoring it fully next year, if it is a success. I have also received £50 from someone who prefers to remain anonymous.

I have 24 entries in the contest so far, which is enough to run a league but please consider entering if you haven’t already done so. The format of the contest caters for as many bots as wish to take part.

Mitsuku

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 04:05:24 am »
Don't forget it's the last day to enter today. We have 35 bots so far taking part but there's still room for more if you wish to make a last minute entry. Remember, each botmaster can enter up to 3 bots.
http://www.chatbotbattles.com

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 05:53:02 pm »
Hal has been in the Chatbot Battles Competition. It's a very well organized competition and fun to watch as bots are tested against each other. It's setup like soccer matches. Hal won his division and won the first knockout round against Jabberwacky. Next up Hal is in the quarter finals against "Talking Angela", a chat bot by Bruce Wilcox. It will be a tough bot to beat as Bruce makes very good scripted chat bots with his chat script language. They have a strong personality and if you let them dominate the conversation they follow conversational topics really well along different conversational paths.
Robert Medeksza

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 10:20:44 pm »
Hi Robert, never experienced "Talking Angela" but what you have done with Ultra Hal to this point, I would say Ultra Hal has won and really can't loose.

raybe

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 06:36:25 am »
Way to go Mr. M good luck in the quarter finals

Mitsuku

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 05:42:32 pm »
The tournament has come to and end and the winner is Davidswinton!
Congratulations to Jim Koch of the USA on beating 41 other entrants to take the title.
The top 4 bots this year were:

1) Davidswinton - Jim Koch
2) Skynet-AI - Ken Hurtubise
3) Talking Angela - Bruce Wilcox
4) Elbot - Fred Roberts

Details of all the placings can be found on the history page.

Talking Angela also won the prize for the best 15 minute conversation in her battle with Davidswinton.
Both of her two conversations scored 14 out of 15, so congratulations to Bruce Wilcox of the USA on his excellent work.
http://www.chatbotbattles.com

Ultra Hal finished a very respectable 7th out of 42 entries.