dupa

Author Topic: Hal calendar/appointment book  (Read 3713 times)

trfroggatt

• View Profile
Hal calendar/appointment book
« on: November 25, 2005, 04:04:15 am »
Hi
Does anyone know a way to stop Hal deleting appointment book entries when the appointment is reached/past ?

tcoday

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 11:59:15 am »
quote:
Originally posted by trfroggatt

Hi
Does anyone know a way to stop Hal deleting appointment book entries when the appointment is reached/past ?

Good question, I'd like to know that also.  I think that is controlled in the halasst.exe but I'm not positive.

I've found a system that works for me, maybe it'll help you.
As a work around, I keep a text file with all my family's important dates listed it it. A sample of this text file might look like this...

Mom's 50'th birthday is on 1/1/2005
Dad's 55'th birthday is on 2/1/2005
Moved into my current house 20'th anniversary. 3/1/2005

and the list goes on, each event is sorted by the month and day.
At the first of each year, I just edit this text file and increment the 50'th, 55'th, 20'th, and 2005 by one year. Then I enter the list into hal's appointment book line by line.
I used to use a program that tracked all this for me, and I only needed to enter the even on the day it happened and it would reoccur each year and count the years for me.  This was the only way I could think of to have Hal remind me of these dates.  It works well, it just takes some work entering in the dates at the first of the year.

Let me know if I didn't explain myself correctly and I'll try again. [:)]

Tcoday and Tassel

trfroggatt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 11:28:53 am »
Although I have not found how to stop Hal deleting entries when the event has passed, I have written a small program that reads the appointments from apptmnts.dat in directory 'Ultra Hal Assistant 5' and ADDs/APPENDs any appointments due in the next 7 days to a file called Ex_appt.dat.

Copy the 3 zipped files into 'Ultra Hal Assistant 5' directory.
run the program appointments.exe, (I have it running at startup and hourly using windows scheduler).

Although Hal appointment book/Calendar deletes passed events they remain in Ex_appt.dat. (Duplicates are removed)

To see passed events (and events for the next week) run appointments.bat (check Notepad is set to open .dat files), this can also be run by typing 'run passed appointments' at the Hal input window.

Download Attachment: appointments.zip
4.92 KB
Hope this is of some use [:D]

tcoday

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 04:35:45 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by trfroggatt

Although I have not found how to stop Hal deleting entries when the event has passed, I have written a small program that reads the appointments from apptmnts.dat in directory 'Ultra Hal Assistant 5' and ADDs/APPENDs any appointments due in the next 7 days to a file called Ex_appt.dat.

My install of Hal6 doesn't have a file called apptmnts.dat.  Trfroggatt, are you using Hal version 6 or 5?

Thanks.
Tcoday and Tassel

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 05:43:14 pm »
tcoday,

Read through his posting again and you'll see that he is using Hal 5.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -