Author Topic: Brain editor query  (Read 3327 times)

TheTrueMayhem

• View Profile
Brain editor query
« on: December 10, 2005, 09:33:56 am »
Hello ,
     I want to create a new brain file for my new character. When choosing the option to create a new project there is a section where you can pick which database file you want your new project to be based on. I chose the name of my existing file as I wanted all of the knowledge to be retained.
     When using my new character with the new brain file I was getting heaps of blank responses so I opened up the brain file and the tables section is empty.
    When I chose the database for the brain file to be based on , I assumed that it would copy all of the tables to the new file ?
     Am I doing something wrong or is it easier to make a copy of my old brain file and rename it ?
     Is there any way to copy individual tables from one brain file to another?
     Thanks in advance

GrantNZ

• View Profile
Brain editor query
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 12:35:39 am »
I'm having an issue very similar to this one. (TheTrueMayhem: I have a workaround too, read below.)

When creating a new project, if I select one of my custom databases as the "base" it is created without tables, and the file size of the new database file (e.g. "test.db") is only 3 kb. The original database is 21,206 kb.

However using the "Unmodified Hal 6 Default Brain Database (Backup)", or  some of my other custom databases, works without a problem.

Workaround: If you're making a new brain (for example, called "test"), delete the tiny database file (in my example, "test.db"). Create a copy of your base file, and rename it (here, to "test.db").

Hope this helps,
Grant

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Brain editor query
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 12:42:41 am »
Make a copy in a new directory of the file called halbrain.db. This is the file with all the tables in it.

The script file you can call up from the edit script feature inside the Brain Editor is the file Hal6.uhp.

uhp files are editable with a text editor. Just change the extension when saving.

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

TheTrueMayhem

• View Profile
Brain editor query
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 07:35:29 pm »
Thanks for the help guys and everything's going smooth now. [:D]
     It's just a pity that individual tables can't be copied from one database file to another from within the brain editor.